PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Future here now?

Stevenmc
06-14-2013, 09:37 AM
I was talking with a group of people in game, and we were all discussing how prices drop harshly for the previous end game set when the new set gets released. Then one person said that he didn't think the game was getting a new update at all, meaning no new cap. I got to thinking, every game does stop eventually, is this cap considered the "End" of pocket legends? I will personally be quite sad if it is, but it does make sense to me, given the circumstances. Do you guys think this could be the end? Is the future of Pocket Legends here in front of us?

kcimythgim
06-14-2013, 09:44 AM
I have heard people discussing that the max level cap will be 101. I have heard multiple people say this but I have not seen a dev say this yet, so I am not completely sure.

Stevenmc
06-14-2013, 09:48 AM
It makes sense to me that it could be the end now, just because we've gone through all different types of maps, from aliens to dragons, what could be better than that?

xcainnblecterx
06-14-2013, 09:49 AM
It is something one can ponder. As for me, I think there will be another. I say this because sl had a.very very long.wait for anything new but it eventually came out. The only thing that's slowing the next cap is sts is focusing everything they got on al. Once al becomes a little less popular, the.caps will become slower, devs will have some extra time etc.

Mage till the end
06-14-2013, 09:52 AM
I think sts would have announced it already if it was. Lots of people are still grinding to the cap to try and get a ring next cap. I would loose all faith in sts if they didn't announce this is the end, but let people keep spending money on elixers.

I do not think this is the end. However I do think the end is near.

Stevenmc
06-14-2013, 09:53 AM
How long did Star Legends wait for their new cap at the longest?

darthdlo
06-14-2013, 10:02 AM
the only thing said about 101is the sts team hada blueprint to get all the way to 101 since start but it looks like they might stretch out the future caps to expand life cycle of game.I think lower lvl sts games are done though.

Suentous PO
06-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Second post here
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99439-SL-s-Timeline

And pl has always been intended to go 101, it has been said by devs in the past.
Even if, as in sl, a dev said "we have no plans at the moment for cap" it doesn't mean that's the last one, it just means its not on the drawing board at the moment.

DocDoBig
06-14-2013, 10:07 AM

9 Months and 4 Days.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94803-Times-between-Expansion-Caps&highlight=Times+expansions

PLs Blacksmoke Mountain is out for almost 8 Months, yet, which is by far the longest wait.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?94662-Times-between-Expansion-Caps

Stevenmc
06-14-2013, 10:10 AM
I see, do you think we are reaching the point in which it is more expensive to run Pl than the money it makes?

Sryyoulose
06-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Insanity, I'm not a fan I would've definitely been encouraged to buy platinum if we had a new cap now. It's summer vacation, I have more free time time then I do all year. (But still busy XD) Tis a shame.

Suentous PO
06-14-2013, 10:17 AM
I see, do you think we are reaching the point in which it is more expensive to run Pl than the money it makes?

I'd guess no by most standard business practice.

@ Doc- I don't think it counts as "ninja'd" when I use your work :D
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/785357C2-EECA-4504-ACF2-2E0CE6105F19-10202-0000195571BDD19D.jpg

Z
06-14-2013, 10:20 AM

Absolutely not. I constantly see elixirs running through maps. And they havent been putting much attention in pl at all. So I definately feel this game is making a ton of money.

Meedowz
06-14-2013, 10:36 AM
The beginning of the end perhaps?

Stevenmc
06-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Perhaps, it seems like it!

XghostzX
06-14-2013, 11:09 AM
I don't think it's quite the end, perhaps the beginning of a new end, but I do think a new cap will come in months time. Meaning we have to be very patient.

Wendellism
06-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Perhaps, it seems like it!

Honestly, just because you have waited more than usual does not give you the rights to question the fate of PL. After all, you are not the only one that has been waiting for the next cap to come, and that the plans for the next cap will be handled by the devs.

I suggest to simply enjoy this cap while you can.

Stevenmc
06-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Honestly, just because you have waited more than usual does not give you the rights to question the fate of PL. After all, you are not the only one that has been waiting for the next cap to come, and that the plans for the next cap will be handled by the devs.

I was not complaining, and never said I was the only one. And I am pretty sure I have the right to question what I want, Thanks.

CrimsonTider
06-14-2013, 11:48 AM
It is not the end, only the beginning. :)

Tyranno-
06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I dont think end is near; they are definitely still makin the bling-bling with PL. They're just focusing on AL now.

And remember, crafting cap rings is still fairly recent; unless u were here from ancient times (u know who u are :) most wouldn't have had enough caps to craft those rings... So, why eould they implement ring-thing so late and then quit on the game?

Idk, just my 2 cents, and worth about that much too. Lol

Plaguemaw
06-14-2013, 12:48 PM
The futures uncertain and the end is always near.
- Jim Morrison

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

DocDoBig
06-14-2013, 03:19 PM
I'd guess no by most standard business practice.

@ Doc- I don't think it counts as "ninja'd" when I use your work :D
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/785357C2-EECA-4504-ACF2-2E0CE6105F19-10202-0000195571BDD19D.jpg

Heck no it doesn't at all! I even think you were the first (beside me) who advertise my threads. ;)

Iphoneington
06-14-2013, 03:35 PM
It is not the end, only the beginning. :) Indeed it is!

ThePvpTwink
06-14-2013, 05:13 PM
I think the max level will be 100. True the endgame gear drops by around 60% in value and if you watch the cs, items have already dropped by 10-25% or so.

It's better to wait so new campaign won't be so bugged and glitchy like when humania first came out. But there should be a new cap coming soon hopefully.....1/2 price elix and double weekend signal it's arrival

Burningdex
06-14-2013, 07:48 PM
I think the max level will be 100. True the endgame gear drops by around 60% in value and if you watch the cs, items have already dropped by 10-25% or so.

It's better to wait so new campaign won't be so bugged and glitchy like when humania first came out. But there should be a new cap coming soon hopefully.....1/2 price elix and double weekend signal it's arrival

Imo 2x xp and 1/2 off elix was a way to wt people to spend more dough

And im sure we will get new cap by en of this year (slim chance but we can all hope)

xcainnblecterx
06-14-2013, 08:49 PM

Haha i member that big server crash right after humania launch

Caiahar
06-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Guys, I have this little memory, around when elite rings and stuff were brought out in bsm.
I am certain, 99% maybe 100% samhayne said something about 81 cap, he said there will be one, if I remember correctly, and at 81 cap they would do something (I cant for the life of me remember what it was.)

Whirlzap
06-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Definitely not "the end".
But most evidently, the beginning of a new era.
The introduction and mass implementation of overly powerful rings and sets as well as the complete changes made to the Elite Vanities have changed this game far beyond what was known a few years ago.
The constant pulse of an elixir working its way through our hooked, addicted, and unresisting player interframe throughout all levels of the game marks an end to an old, ancient generation.
If we could call the past of Pocket Legends a dynasty, we are now living in a Utopia.

It is most definitely the end of one world of rags, grind, and skill seen in black-and-white and the start of an ethereal, super-inflated, materialistic utopian society.

From now on, things will only start to get interesting.

NECROREAPER
06-14-2013, 10:39 PM

You've been incredibly pessimistic lately, lighten up dude.

wammm
06-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Patience is the key to yer answers.

Wendellism
06-14-2013, 10:49 PM
You've been incredibly pessimistic lately, lighten up dude.

Hehe, I'm merely stating my opinion. Well actually IRL I can be quite the pessimist at times.

NECROREAPER
06-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Hehe, I'm merely stating my opinion. Well actually IRL I can be quite the pessimist at times.

I understand, and normally I'm quite cynical myself, but a lot of people here will take things the wrong way 90% of the time. I've learned to reword things when I post here on this forum to avoid conflicts, and most of the time I can still get my point across.

XghostzX
06-14-2013, 11:26 PM
I understand, and normally I'm quite cynical myself, but a lot of people here will take things the wrong way 90% of the time. I've learned to reword things when I post here on this forum to avoid conflicts, and most of the time I can still get my point across.

Wow, this post makes me so mad. Wanna fight!?

Wendellism
06-15-2013, 12:31 AM

Yersh plox.

NECROREAPER
06-15-2013, 12:49 AM

Blast shot root debuf auto gf

for t3h lulz

Coltona
06-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Honestly I think it was fine with level 59 as the cap, sewers at most. The game has way too much now IMO

Sryyoulose
06-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Ok the way I see it is: Caps take forever to come out. Ok? We only have 5 caps left. Then what? Game is deleted long forgotten? We lose all our work and fun, PL community is the best! and I want it to last

Coltona
06-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Level 50 I mean..stupid phone