PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Cave Bosses - Sheilds Question

Chopper
06-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Sorry, I was having a bit of trouble finding the right guide about this.

Shadow Caves Prince/Demon bosses employ shields.

Birds can break them with Blast Shot
Barrels can break them

Is there any combo with a bear and a mage that can break those shields as well? It's frustrating to have to wait for those barrels to respawn.

Thanks

xcainnblecterx
06-14-2013, 07:56 PM
As far as i know only birds and barrels. None for mage, bear, fox, or rhino

Reciprocal
06-14-2013, 07:57 PM
No, their* shield is just like a mages mana shield.

xcainnblecterx
06-14-2013, 08:05 PM
No, they're shield is just like a mages mana shield.

Which ironically, can also only be broken by birds and barrels

Edit: wait i take that back. As a int bear.during humania cap with a.goddess set, there was.something i could do to break mages shield. So hypothetically if you figured that out (i cant as i was.screwing around in pvp and sinceshavent.done it again) a bear might break those shields

Chopper
06-14-2013, 08:14 PM
i thought i saw a shield break once with some sort of bear stomp plus mage combo but wasnt sure.

Reciprocal
06-14-2013, 08:56 PM
I doubt there is. And when you thought you broke it, remember it only lasts or so long, the buff may have simply run out.

Schnitzel
06-14-2013, 09:53 PM
I think the shadow demon shield works the same way as a mage's shield.
Just have to keep attacking until all their mana drains away..
At least this is how I think it happens..

ThePvpTwink
06-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Can only be broken by birds blast shot or by exploding barrel nearby. Nothing else.

Wendellism
06-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Every birds are crazy when the mana shield goes up.

xcainnblecterx
06-15-2013, 01:42 AM
I doubt there is. And when you thought you broke it, remember it only lasts or so long, the buff may have simply run out.

It definitely didnt run out, he had just put it up.

Sryyoulose
06-15-2013, 01:45 AM

This is a 100% false statement. They have unlimited of this "Mana" if shield is not popped your not going to be able to kill.

Reciprocal
06-15-2013, 07:06 AM
It definitely didnt run out, he had just put it up.

Then it died or you were mistaken in what you saw.

Roberto077
06-15-2013, 09:23 AM
You do realize that bears can kill a mage almost instantly with the shield being up at 76 pvp.... As far as I know, only birds and barrels.

xcainnblecterx
06-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Then it died or you were mistaken in what you saw.

Sure lets go with that even though i just said it didnt. I will also generally discuss to see if you have played or know a int bear in pvp with a goddess set. Can't doubt a hypothetical situation untill you yourself know for sure.

Schnitzel
06-15-2013, 11:59 AM

This is a 100% false statement. They have unlimited of this "Mana" if shield is not popped your not going to be able to kill.
That's what I THOUGHT happens. Of course it could be false

Tyranno-
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM
I can verify only birds and barrels. I've soloed all caves with each class type: my birds kill em super quick; all other chars I gotta run in circles and use barrels.

iacito
06-15-2013, 07:13 PM
I heard somewhere that harpoons can break the shield.

Doodlebeast
06-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Here's what happens :

When a shadow casts a mana shield, there's NO other way to break it other than barrels, blasts, and certain combos. The out of mana statement is 100% wrong.
Enemies DO NOT have mana limits and the shield won't go off unless a blast shot is made on the enemy.

Good luck farming!

Chopper
06-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Here's what happens :

When a shadow casts a mana shield, there's NO other way to break it other than barrels, blasts, and certain combos. The out of mana statement is 100% wrong.
Enemies DO NOT have mana limits and the shield won't go off unless a blast shot is made on the enemy.

Good luck farming!

WhAt certain combos? Thats the question. Any?

Doodlebeast
06-16-2013, 01:53 AM
WhAt certain combos? Thats the question. Any?

Cruel blast is the only one for the old 3 classes. Idk anything about the new classes. Harpoons may pierce the shield but I'm not sure as nobody uses a harpoon in shadow caves. I think Ive seen an incident like this.