PDA

View Full Version : l56 Glyph Obedience DAGGER bear?

airslash
06-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Hello guys :D So I recently bought a l56 glyph obe dagger set. During the period where glyph was very scarce.. I saw this one bear use a glyph obe dagger set. Surprisingly he was pretty good. However, during this glyph era, I was wondering is the l56 glyph obe dagger set would still be competitive.
Post what you think below :3

airslash
06-15-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm planning to use on my bear for pvp :3 (to clear things up a bit. )

Reunegade
06-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Tbh, glyph big top set with bunny is just better. The one thing lacking for the dagger obe set is dodge.

Not Nick41324
06-15-2013, 02:10 AM
Hello guys :D So I recently bought a l56 glyph obe dagger set. During the period where glyph was very scarce.. I saw this one bear use a glyph obe dagger set. Surprisingly he was pretty good. However, during this glyph era, I was wondering is the l56 glyph obe dagger set would still be competitive.
Post what you think below :3
When glyph was scarce and a glyph obe dagger set was worth around 10mil, I was an obe dagger bear (ghostory). I was also a charmin staff bird. Both were a lot of fun and very uncommon ways to pvp. Very impractical though. Not a great way to earn a lot of kills.
If you want to do anything, buy your obe dagger set, go str/dex and buy a bigtop set as kind of a "back up" set.. just in case things get messy and you need to pwn some noobies

xbabybugszx
06-15-2013, 06:55 AM
I used to have the best dagger set up a while back before I quit that level. I used royal sewer helm & armor, big top/prestig bunny, & last but not least everyones favorite noob dagger, the reptilian dagger of obediance :p . I trolled a lot at 56 for fun, I was always in my noob set (this set up) & dressing like a noob hoping I would get rushed, just so I can rush them back. They would always be suprised when I won with my noob dagger :p . The funny thing is that I owned a lot of players in their glyph sets (yes especially big top/sm bears). Mainly because of my great dodge due to the royal sewer & my intense constant auto dmg thnx to the dagger. Try this out & you'll have a great time :)

Also keep a big top set just for back up for those pros ;)

ThePvpTwink
06-15-2013, 09:19 AM
I think Obed xbow is better. Far more range and the first attack.. Vs another xbow, u could be dead right after beckon hits...

airslash
06-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks guys :3

Reunegade
06-15-2013, 09:55 PM
I think Obed xbow is better. Far more range and the first attack.. Vs another xbow, u could be dead right after beckon hits...
Wayyyy to squishy.

Rot
06-15-2013, 10:00 PM
Wayyyy to squishy.

So that's how you turn a bear into a bird!

Reunegade
06-15-2013, 10:01 PM
So that's how you turn a bear into a bird!
Get on a tree and flyyyyy

RIP

Spyce
06-16-2013, 02:31 AM
Nope.
Xbow bes.

Reunegade
06-16-2013, 03:22 AM
Are you kidding? Obe xbow bear?

Rot
06-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Beckon misses
Dies
"You're so OP" "Hax moar" "Luck"

Beckon misses again
Dies
"Not my day" "Beckon doesn't like me"

Starts rushing the enemy
Beckon misses
Dies
Rage quits

Gf

Spyce
06-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Are you kidding? Obe xbow bear?

Mace > Xbow

I know.

Reunegade
06-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Mace > Xbow

I know.
Which makes your statement "xbow bes" invalid.

Spyce
06-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Which makes your statement "xbow bes" invalid.

The title is "56 Glyph Obedience Dagger Bear" right?
Dagger is dex so he probably wanted another dex item like an xbow.
Thus proving that xbow is "bes" for him.

Reunegade
06-17-2013, 04:29 AM
The title is "56 Glyph Obedience Dagger Bear" right?
Dagger is dex so he probably wanted another dex item like an xbow.
Thus proving that xbow is "bes" for him.
Custom is better in my opinion.

Spyce
06-17-2013, 05:13 AM

Why is that?

CrimsonTider
06-17-2013, 10:56 PM

*Facepalm* As you kids like to say. Have you tried all of these or just making guesses.

IN is correct, if a bear is going to go dex, xbow is much better and there is zero debate. DPS, armor, and dodge do not solely make up a build. When a dagger bear has way less skill damage than an xbow bear, the answer is simple. Also, if we are going to call a Glyph Xbow set squishy, wouldn't a set with 16 less armor (Custom) be even worse?

For the OP, as stated above, dagger bears have not proven successful in PvP. However, if you want to try being one, then go for it. That is what makes this game fun, being your own person. I have a 56 INT bear and got laughed at when I took my Charmin' staff set into PvP the other day. After crushing the laughing bird, he didn't laugh anymore. :)

Have fun and good luck!

Reunegade
06-17-2013, 10:58 PM
It's just through my experience. I tried both when I leveled my main to 56 (now 67) and I found out custom fits my playstyle. Again, everyone has their own preference.

CrimsonTider
06-17-2013, 11:06 PM
It's just through my experience. I tried both when I leveled my main to 56 (now 67) and I found out custom fits my playstyle. Again, everyone has their own preference.

Other than the added crit Custom has over Obedience, what would it have that fits your "playstyle" any different?

Reunegade
06-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Other than the added crit Custom has over Obedience, what would it have that fits your "playstyle" any different?

I am a very big fan of high crit and h/s. The reason I enjoyed fortified a lot over big top and strongman is because of the high h/s it gives. And IMO, I like custom over glyph as the sparkles look cooler and I like the blend of colors.

Sus
06-18-2013, 02:25 PM
I am a very big fan of high crit and h/s. The reason I enjoyed fortified a lot over big top and strongman is because of the high h/s it gives. And IMO, I like custom over glyph as the sparkles look cooler and I like the blend of colors.

Lol I remember everyone complained on the sewer gear when it came fresh out after AOIII :D, now they seem somewhat hot.

Zeus
06-20-2013, 12:26 PM
A 56 bear will fail with L56 Obedience Dagger set, especially vs Mages. The armor and lack of dodge to counteract a Mage's nuke is just too great of a deciding factor. Now, it is possible to win but it requires complete knowledge of the bear class. So, while it may be a fun set up but if you're going dexterity, I would suggest xbow over dagger.

OverkillED
06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Lol I remember everyone complained on the sewer gear when it came fresh out after AOIII :D, now they seem somewhat hot.

Yeah in comparison to the AO3 and Shadow Cave sets, the sewer sets didn't look too good, but as you use them back in that day you grow to love the sewer sets. Now they seem look nicer because you don't come right out of AO3/shadow caves and not as many people have them.

xbabybugszx
06-21-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm back at 56 as a dagger bear. Using my noob dagger set up ^.^ , add me ign ebagovax

CrimsonTider
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm back at 56 as a dagger bear. Using my noob dagger set up ^.^ , add me ign ebagovax

Add my noob Charmin' staff bear SsgtSlaughter. We will rule the land of misfit bears together! lol

xbabybugszx
06-21-2013, 11:09 AM

Add my noob Charmin' staff bear SsgtSlaughter. We will rule the land of misfit bears together! lol

Charm bear.. nice! Havnt seen one of those in a while. I've been wanting to try int bear at 50. Shadow bear FTW

Reunegade
06-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Charm bear.. nice! Havnt seen one of those in a while. I've been wanting to try int bear at 50. Shadow bear FTW

Wow...that sounds fun. I should try it sometime ;)

airslash
06-22-2013, 12:27 AM
O.O Just wanna say thanks to everyone lol. Nvr knew this thread would get so many responses o.O