PDA

View Full Version : New "Senior Officer" Guild Position

Energizeric
06-15-2013, 06:14 PM
I keep hearing about issues where a guild master transfers his position to another officer, and then he effectively has to trust that officer to return the gm position to him at a later time. Plus he has to assume that officer won't go rogue and disband the guild.

I propose there should be a new position called "Senior Officer" that is higher than "Officer" but lower than "Guild Master". Senior Officers will have the ability to promote players to Recruiter or Officer, and will have the ability to boot or demote Officers, but will not have control of the guild like a Guild Master does. So the guild master can make 2 or 3 select players into Senior Officers so that they can manage the guild while he is not online, or if he will be away. But they cannot disband the guild or change its name.

razerfingers
06-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Actually a good idea

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Aracnus
06-15-2013, 06:39 PM
A "Head Officer" would sound better, and maybe a "Head Recruiter" - someone who is notified every time someone is recruited

Also, last i checked, i didn't know you could change guild names

Bless
06-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Suggetion already made multiple times but ty for bumping it ;)

100% agreed!

Sryyoulose
06-15-2013, 06:58 PM
This is awesome! If they put this into effect under all games, I love the idea!

Aeroflame
06-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Guild Host
First Officer
Officer
Recruiter
Member.

If you really want an effective ranking system, go military. Those are 10 slot ranks and might be excessive but only having 3 isn't all that good. too much power for one slot

Spyce
06-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Very nice idea!

DocDoBig
06-16-2013, 02:40 AM
Hope some suggestions regarding Guild Hall and regulary Guild List from PL forums get implemented into AL at least.

+1

psychoscream
06-16-2013, 04:37 AM
yep it really has to be implemented , but maybe sts is not implementing it because the usual ranks for mmorpg are the same as sts
games ranks ..

Tryndamare
06-16-2013, 05:50 AM
Master
Chief officer
Officer
Recruiter
This ranks I should suggest, but chief officer should not have power to promote & demote members, or else, their will be a lot of drama within the guild, I've seen it, & I dont want to make it happen again
This is:
Tryndamare, GM of AFR(Arcanes Finest Rebelz) in AL

Lipky
06-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Lol ^He said it in my post also^

Energizeric
06-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Master
Chief officer
Officer
Recruiter
This ranks I should suggest, but chief officer should not have power to promote & demote members, or else, their will be a lot of drama within the guild, I've seen it, & I dont want to make it happen again

Then what exactly would be the difference between officer and chief officer?

Soundlesskill
06-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Yeah i agree with the 'not-be-able-to-demote-&-promote-guy'
Otherwise +1

Alhuntrazeck
06-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Head officer shud be able to promote up one lvl maybe. Nice suggestion energizeric, +1

Ainea
06-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Maybe he/she should be able to promote members to recruiters and demote recruiters to members. I'd guess officer demotions and promotions are somewhat of a rare thing in most guilds and a GM would probably want to know all his/her officers properly anyway - so waiting for the GM to come back would make sense. Recruiting issues on the other hand are often a more pressing problem and promotion of new members that qualify to recruiter is required on a more regular basis.

Hnakkur
06-24-2013, 05:02 AM
what about:
1.guild leader
2.sub leader ( same like gl but he cant "close" the guild )
3.officers
4.recruiters
5.not even worth to write :) lets call them member :)