PDA

View Full Version : Armor?????

shadikiller
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM
can someone please explain to me the calculations of how armor works???
im a warrior......
Example..like +20 armor does it really make a difference!!!?

xcainnblecterx
06-15-2013, 08:51 PM
This is a complicated subject. I would assume +20 armor means you get 20 to your current value. To me +20 can make a.difference. Say a enime would hit a 330 on you make that- the extra +20 you got=310. A little bit can make a life or death situation a lil more life in your favor

Energizeric
06-15-2013, 09:18 PM
This is a complicated subject. I would assume +20 armor means you get 20 to your current value. To me +20 can make a.difference. Say a enime would hit a 330 on you make that- the extra +20 you got=310. A little bit can make a life or death situation a lil more life in your favor

It doesn't work that way in AL. We've never been able to get a straight answer from the developers about what a certain amount of armor means, but it works in percentages. So depending on your armor value, a certain percentage of the incoming damage is blocked.

xcainnblecterx
06-15-2013, 09:23 PM
It doesn't work that way in AL. We've never been able to get a straight answer from the developers about what a certain amount of armor means, but it works in percentages. So depending on your armor value, a certain percentage of the incoming damage is blocked.

Ahhh ok. Thats one reason i was saying its complicated lol +1

shadikiller
06-15-2013, 09:49 PM
I got the general idea ))
Ok Ok tnx for reply and info ))))

Osahete
06-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Hey all!

I am also wondering the same thing... I added a passive point to armor one time, with no results (eg gain) in armor points... I seem to be as squishy as ever! (lvl 31 mage)
tc,
Osa

Jed
06-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Hey all!

I am also wondering the same thing... I added a passive point to armor one time, with no results (eg gain) in armor points... I seem to be as squishy as ever! (lvl 31 mage)
tc,
Osa
Don't do passive armor for sorcerer.
You probably know that by now though.

Osahete
06-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Don't do passive armor for sorcerer.
You probably know that by now though.

yes, was during the free respec a while back... did nothing for me, so didnt do it again :P

But thanks anyway!

chitgoks
06-16-2013, 07:41 PM
wow really.. and i put 4 armor points there. will remove them on next respec

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Energizeric
06-16-2013, 07:54 PM
The issue with passives not showing up on the stat page is an issue STS is aware of and is just an error on the stat page. The stats are indeed being added and calculated properly, but just not showing up on your stat page. This is the case for passive damage and armor, and is also the case when a pet bonus gives damage or armor increases. STS said this would be fixed but we have been waiting ever since.

Osahete
06-16-2013, 10:25 PM
The issue with passives not showing up on the stat page is an issue STS is aware of and is just an error on the stat page. The stats are indeed being added and calculated properly, but just not showing up on your stat page. This is the case for passive damage and armor, and is also the case when a pet bonus gives damage or armor increases. STS said this would be fixed but we have been waiting ever since.

Ahh yes... something comes to mind now i'm reading your post... I think I've even read multiple times something from STS on this issue... indeed we are still waiting!

drgrimmy
06-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Wow they posted back in 12/20/12 that they were going to fix this passive skill display error in a future patch. I wouldn't hold our breaths about this one. Here is the post in which they talk about it. The developers also describe how armor works in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79913-Known-Issue-with-Passive-Abilities

matanofx
06-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Wow they posted back in 12/20/12 that they were going to fix this passive skill display error in a future patch. I wouldn't hold our breaths about this one. Here is the post in which they talk about it. The developers also describe how armor works in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79913-Known-Issue-with-Passive-Abilities

i read that too and was shocked when i saw the date... they said theyll fix it before 2013?

maybe we should raise awareness, i think this bug should be on the top of the things that need to be fixed

Osahete
06-17-2013, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the link... yes its been a long time coming... jeezz

What i don't get is why this is such a problem for sts? If you can display all the other stats correctly, just rinse and repeat imo :)

Osahete
06-17-2013, 09:47 PM
i read that too and was shocked when i saw the date... they said theyll fix it before 2013?

maybe we should raise awareness, i think this bug should be on the top of the things that need to be fixed

Hopefully with the next fine tuning of skills etc we can hope (tho only hope) for this -_-

And yes, I agree we should raise awareness for this! Especially with a free respec coming up, I would hope everything will be displayed correctly!

Take care!