PDA

View Full Version : Anti Bullying Squad!

dugantale
06-17-2013, 02:32 AM
Hello everyone! So I have returned to SL and the STS community. In my past few days of playing SL I noticed extreme amount of cyber bullying, this is something I am strongly against! Now that I am back I am here to take a stand to stop cyber bullying!

There are some strong laws against bully, cyber bully, all kinds of bullying in America. Here is a place you can check out the laws, stories, videos and more about stopping bullying: http://www.pacer.org/bullying/video/?gclid=CITwj-Ow6rcCFU_ZQgodyRQAVg

So your probably wondering what am I going to do to take my stand against bullying here? Well here is what I am going to do. I am going to ask all you wonderful forumers to join me in my stand and join the Anti Bully Squad.

The ABS is here to stand up for the people being bullied by others, and to help stop bullying!

ABS guidelines: By joining the ABS forum page you pledge to stop bullying, you will not bully others, you will befriend the person being bullied, you will come together with people and stand together against bullying, you will be kind to all, and most of all you will help STOP bullying!

How should I stop a bully? This question has many answers, in this case we are on a video game and cant use some of those ways, therefore the best thing to do is ask the bully to stop bullying the person and add the person, ask the person who is being bullied if you can help them with any of the quests, etc. If the bully does not stop after that ask them nicely one more time to stop bullying, if the bully does not stop bullying after that you report them for bullying a other player. Three strikes your out.

How can I tell if its bullying? Well here is the basic definition of bullying: "Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.", it may not always be that, it could be calling a person a rude name, it can be many things. If you feel like its bullying then it most likely is bullying.

Why should I join ABS? Well i'm sure you know the big reason, to stop bullying. There are many other reasons, cyber bullying can lead to someone taking there own life, by stopping a bully you could save someones life. Another reason is that you can make a new friend by standing up for them, who doesn't love friends? Sometimes bullying can lead to mental issues, by stopping a bully you can save someones mental state of mind!

Can I join ABS? Yes! To join and take the pledge go here and join the group: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?groupid=827 , there is a guild in SL if you would like to join message me and we will meet in game and add you. I do plan on expanding to the other games to help stop bullying in them as well!

STOP THE BULLIES!!!

-Your oldy Dugs

Commanderkeen
06-17-2013, 05:28 AM
I love the idea but just don't see a point in this isn't the ignore button supposed to stop this?

Conquered
06-17-2013, 06:05 AM
"Mute" the bully person. Just that simple. No need to make a big group.

HunterSLAYER
06-17-2013, 06:07 AM
OMG Duggieeeeee

Kraox
06-17-2013, 06:08 AM
"Mute" the bully person. Just that simple. No need to make a big group.

Zen help me level and i cant see you in sl me thank the post

Conquered
06-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Zen help me level and i cant see you in sl me thank the post
Im using Galaxy Y. Cant play SL but i can do forums. Sry but ill be online in SL every week or every 2-7 weeks

Taipan
06-17-2013, 01:26 PM
All Legends games are great. But with everything good, there will be a dark side - may that be hackers, bullies, or trolls. Unfortunately, a forum page is not going to be able to stop that. The 'ways to stop a bully' you mentioned aren't effective. I know that for a fact from my time with the AOB. Just teach newer players about the ignore option.

Mitchturbo
06-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Aye good idea but as the others have said there is a mute button.
Unfortunately some people get bullied by someone they consider friends and sometimes that's harder to mute them.
People who are reluctant to use the mute button must understand and reflect on why these "bullies" are considered friends. Then be strong enough to ignore them.

Scamming is something else, but right now you have to be extra careful with who you deal or lend stuff/ trade with.
Hopefully this is something ABS could promote as a message also.

Well good luck with the group Dugs and I do hope you help a hell of a lot of players :-)

dugantale
06-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Thanks guys its more of and inspiration then a page to be honest, and yea I need to add the mute button :)

Thanks guys!

Mogunsforme
07-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Ive noticed too... I almost commited suicide irl because of real life bullying. Hate those idiots lmao.

quanebo
07-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Ive noticed too... I almost commited suicide irl because of real life bullying. Hate those idiots lmao.

suicide is NOT the solution to ya problems dude.

ShadowGunX
07-02-2013, 02:27 PM

only weaklings do suicide

FluidShot
07-02-2013, 03:22 PM

That's helpful to this thread how?

Fireface
07-02-2013, 03:44 PM
He's just a useless troll who like making in of other people mainly because in reality they make fun of him. Get a life man

Mitchturbo
07-02-2013, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeELle5g-o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Szangheili
07-02-2013, 05:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekeELle5g-o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lmao, that was the best 30 seconds I've had in years! :D

ShadowGunX
07-03-2013, 12:44 AM
That's helpful to this thread how?

it is helpful to him. i meant to say that be strong to tackle any difficulties with brave

ShadowGunX
07-03-2013, 12:52 AM
He's just a useless troll who like making in of other people mainly because in reality they make fun of him. Get a life man

what is ur problem? u r too trolling me. change ur way of view towards my comment. nd stop being on my tail.
nd lol "in reality they make fun of him" what it means?
nobody makes fun of me dude coz i m good and honest towards them.
better u get life nd stop trolling my every post.
hav u ever seen me playing sl these days? lol nope i dnt play. i quit since feb.

Fireface
07-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Who would wanna follow you? Lol I just check the forums and happen to always see you trolling or being stupid-.- . I wouldn't waste my time on something useless :D

zerodeaths
07-03-2013, 01:48 AM
hav u ever seen me playing sl these days? lol nope i dnt play. i quit since feb.

LIE Detected ---------------> I seee you daily on examiro alt :) yesterday u were on like 4 hours

ShadowGunX
07-03-2013, 05:47 AM
LIE Detected ---------------> I seee you daily on examiro alt :) yesterday u were on like 4 hours

roflmao. examario is also indian tht doesnt mean he is my alt. idk how u can b so sure about it. u r so noob.
nd lol FYI i dnt hav engi alt.

Szangheili
07-03-2013, 07:36 AM

Ouch, he caught you slipping :3

Spyce
07-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Bully isn't fun kids.

Sryyoulose
07-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Anti bully is a guild in the making we need core active members, with all the boredom in SL there are more bully's then see turning off new players from joining... Therefore making SL a dying game without new members becoming active.

Szangheili
07-03-2013, 10:49 PM
If we this started, what will be the point, we all mute ppl? O.o

Sryyoulose
07-04-2013, 12:51 AM
I've never really been bullied... But I've seen people who have and it makes me feel like crap. Most of the times when people come to play a video game (Ecspecially one as social as this) it is to relax and not have to be stressed about other players makin fun of them. Now you may say, well it's a game just ignore it... However it may reflect something that they may feel on the inside to an extreme degree. And yes my mute list is as long as my friends list.

HickeryDickery
07-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Is this some kind of joke? There's an ignore button and if that don't work,use more gun

Fireface
07-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Not a joke people have commuted suicide from cyber bullying he was just making a point-.-

Astrology
07-17-2013, 01:51 PM

Seriously a senior member??? Ban this guy. Somebody is openly talking about a personal problem and then you go and say that? What if they actually did? You'd feel like a jerk then huh?

Mogunsforme
07-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Just unquit sl again and suicide is for weaklings eh ? My answer to that is: (-.-).!. Its is for the mentally unstable; from which, said instability was a result of the bully in question. In other words i went temporarily insane due to it; that is untill i found a good friend :)

Mogunsforme
07-19-2013, 10:49 PM
Also i dont think that bravery would have prevented my a$$ from getting kicked by said bully. He is now in JDC.