PDA

View Full Version : computer keyboard support

perc85
06-17-2013, 02:52 AM
i was kinda curious if AL will ever see better keyboard support, like allowing us to choose keys, for skills and pots, and maybe using mouse to move, like holding button down and mouse and moving it, would simulate the touch screen moving capabilities.. i have always played on my tablet but it broke and im now on my laptop which i like the screen size and better looks but so hard to really play, moving is the worst, having to use two keys to move and a angle direction, very hard to miss the ice at times, and using keyboard gets a lil hectic and you seems to mess up alot, im sure theres other threads, i could not find one right off hand, and reason im posting i know alot of players in AL, ive played for a long time, and i know alot of people who are using keyboards/mouse.. i just know you would get a wider base of people wanting to play who only have comp to game on, i know a few friends who would play if keyboard was more simple, and that means more money for sts which is what it takes to put your time into mapping keyboard mouse controls. thank you for your time.

Valsacar
06-17-2013, 03:01 AM
I use an xbox controller.

moot
06-17-2013, 03:09 AM
For me AL has the best keyboard control compared to other legend games. PL,SL and DL has a terrible keyboard control IMHO.

I think moving with my right hand (direction key not WASD) and attacking with left hand 1,2,3,4,5 for skill and space for auto attack are quite nice.

DocDoBig
06-17-2013, 02:20 PM
For me AL has the best keyboard control compared to other legend games. PL,SL and DL has a terrible keyboard control IMHO.

I think moving with my right hand (direction key not WASD) and attacking with left hand 1,2,3,4,5 for skill and space for auto attack are quite nice.

DL has only 4 skills as well and even only one potion as blood pack.

Cero
06-17-2013, 06:29 PM
@moot, i use laptop so keys are limited.

I use an xbox controller.
F Yeah!

Jed
06-17-2013, 07:53 PM
You can remap keys with AutoHotkey, just throwing that out there.

perc85
06-18-2013, 09:51 AM
can you remap keys just for the game, or will it effect the entire computer use.. i also use a laptop.

perc85
06-18-2013, 10:00 AM
well tried autohotkey, changed keys around to my preferability and when i try to chat it messes all that up lol, loose loose there, lol

Jed
06-18-2013, 12:02 PM
well tried autohotkey, changed keys around to my preferability and when i try to chat it messes all that up lol, loose loose there, lol

You can make certain keys suspend the script too.
For example, put Pause::Suspend at the TOP OF THE SCRIPT (first line) and whenever you press pause (the key "Pause Break") it will suspend or reactivate the script.
You can replace Pause with things like Home, Space, whatever.

perc85
06-18-2013, 12:48 PM
o,ok so i can pause the current script and go back to original keyboard layout, then break pause and enter my macro setup... its not really the skills usage i have the problems with, its more of the movement, like on the virtual joystick u can move at all angles simply, but on keyboard layout i have to use two buttons to move at a angle, and the game world is not designed for simple movements, left,right,up,down, there is alot of diagnle movements, and i just would like to be able to say hold both mouse buttons down and turn mouse into the virtual joystick.. i think that is the biggest problem in the keyboard layout... sometimes i get a lil overwhelmed with the keyboard controls, but i have played many computer mmorps so i know it just takes a getting used to.

perc85
06-18-2013, 12:53 PM
and tanking is all i do and its easy when i just have to stand there, but on a elite boss like frostir he moves alot and thats when movement controls really bug me, i still can keep the party alive just fine but i feel im slacking on actually doing the damage i could do when i was on my touch screen. since i struggle moving at times lol and hitting that ice really erks my nerves lol. i just want to make my gaming experience as best as possible and most efficient

falmear
06-18-2013, 01:21 PM
IMO the best thing to do is, if you use Windows, is get xpadder (not free) and use an Xbox or PS3 USB controller. Or some other USB game pad controller and then map the buttons however you want.

perc85
06-18-2013, 03:52 PM
i can get the xbox controller, i have a old one with usb cord on it, maybe i will have to check that out, would be alot easier i know that much, just depends on what xpadder costs, i should really have to pay to have the ability to control game better on laptop but was hoping sts would kinda make game more use friendly for computer players. but if not guess ill have to resort to that for my own personal gaming experience benifit, thanks falmear

perc85
06-18-2013, 04:34 PM
i can get the xbox controller, i have a old one with usb cord on it, maybe i will have to check that out, would be alot easier i know that much, just depends on what xpadder costs, i should really have to pay to have the ability to control game better on laptop but was hoping sts would kinda make game more use friendly for computer players. but if not guess ill have to resort to that for my own personal gaming experience benifit, thanks falmear

perc85
06-18-2013, 04:46 PM
sorry for double post