PDA

View Full Version : Cheat to farming glyphic steels?

Xbuddyjosh
06-17-2013, 11:21 AM
I was just thinking, and I wonder if I maybe know a way to get a much better chance to loot glyphic steels. Maybe some of u have tried and can conform or disprove my theory. My theory is that u can make a LVL 1, but the access all dungeons elixir, and have a friend run u thru lions den a few times. Would that increase ur drop chance of steels because they r lvl 1, as well as the person ur using to farm? I know that's how to farm forest haven recipes, so I wonder if it would work for other level dungeons as well :) thanks for the input ;)

Wendellism
06-17-2013, 11:24 AM
The chances will still be the same no matter how low levelled you are. Oh and by the way, glyphic blade steels only drop at level 60.

Xbuddyjosh
06-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Really? Ah thx man idk that :redface:

NotYoCookiez
06-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah level 56s can never get them. I don't know what will happen if you use a level 1... Maybe you should try

Wendellism
06-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Yeah level 56s can never get them. I don't know what will happen if you use a level 1... Maybe you should try

I'll spoil this for you; expect to get booted or neglected.

Suentous PO
06-17-2013, 01:21 PM
The chances will still be the same no matter how low levelled you are. Oh and by the way, glyphic blade steels only drop at level 60.
Chances do change depending on threat tho
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16108-Know-thy-self-know-thy-enemy-A-thousand-battles-a-thousand-victories

Caiahar
06-17-2013, 02:01 PM
[
Steels are really hard to farm. Its the luck that makes it hard. If you have luck, it wil re roll into a green. So i suggest farming lions den when you have NO luck elixirs. Dont use big luck too.
Nuff said.

Bootdaddy
06-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Good thinking, i've seen a few steels drop in nuri plat dungeon but done tons of runs without reroll there but most of the oranges were just scraps

Suentous PO
06-17-2013, 03:17 PM
I hope it stays this way and keeps from becoming as common as dragon on people.

Edit- oh, and if you had a lev one tagging along the threat level wouldnt increase because its based on the highest level in the map. Even a level 2 would screw it up for the lev one.

The Flash
06-17-2013, 04:15 PM
If you keep reading on in that thread we correct him and it is shown that threat level only effects your xp and used to effect your iteam drop level (during scaled farming).

As for the OP question there is no way to increase your drop rate except with elixers or with luck vanities. Good luck farming though.

Suentous PO
06-17-2013, 06:38 PM
While I agree there no way to increase you chance for steel, there is something else going on with threat and drops.
Reason I think that is the ease of recipe farming on lv one if your solo and get white threat lev.
No you don't have a greater chance at a pink but rerolls may have different tables that we can't be privey to.
For whatever reason a solo lev one gets recipes (orange and green) waaay easier.

As said by many before increasing luck won't help you get demonic crafting materials.

Wendellism
06-17-2013, 07:01 PM
While I agree there no way to increase you chance for steel, there is something else going on with threat and drops.
Reason I think that is the ease of recipe farming on lv one if your solo and get white threat lev.
No you don't have a greater chance at a pink but rerolls may have different tables that we can't be privey to.
For whatever reason a solo lev one gets recipes (orange and green) waaay easier.

As said by many before increasing luck won't help you get demonic crafting materials.

The thing is, scaled loot drops will almost always stay close to your toon's level. It happens everywhere, from end game right to the easiest tutorial campaign. So if you are level 18 and go to sand caves, don't expect a level 25 pink. You'll most likely get a level 21 pink instead.

Same rule applies for nubs that joins in using an all access elixir. At most they could only get level 56 loot here.

And yes, threat level affects the rate of pinks or loot dropping, a level 75 earn more pinks than that of a level 76.

Suentous PO
06-17-2013, 07:21 PM
I got that, the last thing Im not certain of is where the crafting materials lay in relation to all drops. I'd need to see the script on loot tables, not that that's gonna happen soon.

KingFu
06-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Hack

Wendellism
06-17-2013, 07:39 PM
I got that, the last thing Im not certain of is where the crafting materials lay in relation to all drops. I'd need to see the script on loot tables, not that that's gonna happen soon.

Crafting materials will start to drop when you have;

Reached level 60 and above for Nuri's
Reached level 65 and above for Fang....

You get the drift.

The only time which crafting materials drop freely is on forest haven.

Zeus
06-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Title of this thread nearly gave me a heart attack...

I was like, "Dragon all over again...?".

Suentous PO
06-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Crafting materials will start to drop when you have;

Reached level 60 and above for Nuri's
Reached level 65 and above for Fang....

You get the drift.

The only time which crafting materials drop freely is on forest haven.

You misunderstand my question, but being that I am talking about FH, it's irrelevant to op, so droppin it.

xcainnblecterx
06-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Why don't you try it? I'm with the og pros and say l60+ gets it

Xbuddyjosh
06-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Everyone is talking about threat? Enlighten me pls? Idk what y'all talking bout. Does threat level effect loot?

The Flash
06-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Everyone is talking about threat? Enlighten me pls? Idk what y'all talking bout. Does threat level effect loot?

No threat level does not effect loot. Nothing does except elixers or vanities.

blatta
06-18-2013, 06:39 AM
A few messages above is a link to an article that explains threat level very well. In short: you can see the threat level on the colored dots on enemies. Red is highest. Higher threat level, better chances for good drops. But red is highest level. You will not need a lvl 1 to reach it. In some maps threat lvl of the boss is (or was, im not sure) also dependent from which and how many enemies already killed.

Wendellism
06-18-2013, 06:46 AM
No threat level does not effect loot. Nothing does except elixers or vanities.

Threat Level does affect the quality of drops for the entire party. Luck Elixirs are an entirely different matter as they simply reroll your current loot to a higher rarity; i.e An Orange Loot would be rerolled to a Green Loot once Luck intervenes.

Reunegade
06-18-2013, 07:20 AM
你不要用elixir应为glyphic blade steel是一个orange的东西。

You do not want to use a luck elixir because glyphic blade steels are oranges. (lol).