PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this kind of Scam.

Flamberge
06-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Please beware of this kind of scam method. I'm not sure if anybody else had encountered this, but it won't be hurt to share this with the community.

So as I was walking around in Traveler's Post. A newbie of level 10 keep pm ing me, asking to enter trade. Normally I wouldn't reply or enter this kind of trade, but he seems desperately need help to check price on something. So I enter just to check what he got. So he flash me a rogue mythic helm, saying he traded it from someone. Then he told me he needed a bonechill staff level 19 or 20, if I can get it then he will trade the mythic for my bonechill staff. As a normal people that is greedy, I tried to check cs for his staff, guess what? Yes there is one at level 19 for 350k. Of course I didn't fell for that, I know some who will.

Main point is, people always create a new idea to try scam people, even by showing something valuable as mythic. So be aware guys.

Alhuntrazeck
06-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Nice way to scam someone. Though this isn't scam in the proper sense, it's depriving you of your money. Good work avoiding that scam, Flame.

Zeus
06-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Report them to STS, they should take care of them. :)

SkyDagger
06-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Sadly my friend was scam by these people. By the way he or she isnt one, there are two of them.

The first one is what have say of T.S. added up ONCE YOU BOUGHT THAT ITEM he/she will not buy that bonechill anymore nor trade. EFFECT: no profit at all but only lose a big amount.
The second one will pm you again. He/She will buy the bonechill then till you scammer. Why? Cause the item is in your inventory probably he will report you through report chat, acting that you have the item and his/her money.

I dunno if the 3rd one whose selling the bonechill are another person. Conclusion: 3 ALT 1 person

Flamberge
06-17-2013, 10:33 PM
It's not something as clear as someone is scamming me. I would have a hard time to explain this to STS since I had no evidence. Best I could do is share and warn people. :)

Insomniack
06-17-2013, 10:39 PM
I wrote down 2 of these people and their alts. Told them both to hold back, went to cs, wrote down their alts selling pricey items, and reported to STS. Even wrote down of the guild one of them is in. Didnt get any answer from them tho'. Couple of my friends encountered the same problem.

SkullCrusher
06-17-2013, 10:48 PM
I was so close to falling for this lol. Someone was spamming Buying Item "x" for 500k when it was 400k in auction. People would think they can make a easy 100k but when you buy the item, the spammer is nowhere to be seen. It technically isn't a scam though if you think about it.

Energizeric
06-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Tell the scammer that you have one in your stash, and walk over to get it. Watch them disappear in a hurry! haha

Obi
06-18-2013, 01:43 AM
happens quite frequently.. they are usually low level toons.. just report them and ignore.. tried to persuade once but they responded that they would report me with all their guildies so I get banned..

Flamberge
06-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Actually he's kinda pro about this,I can imagine he's been trying pull this for a while. I tried to offer him 1 mil so he can buy the staff himself. Can you imagine a newbie rejecting 1 mil? When finally he replied, sorry I just traded with someone else. I can picture him saying that when I said I got te staff in my stash.