PDA

View Full Version : Is this allowed?

joshtheboss
06-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Can I make a lottery contest where I get a bunch of participants to put in a set amount of cash to buy a ticket or multiple tickets and then the winner gets a set prize?

KingFu
06-18-2013, 10:42 PM
If you think people are going to be willing to trust you

razerfingers
06-18-2013, 11:37 PM
this isn't runescape ;)

xcainnblecterx
06-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Technically, yes. Had a old guild (inactive now) where the officers or master would use a online number generator toselect the numbers and winners for people who paid for a ticket. If you do it be sure you get screen shots of the names the number generator gave numbers too and screen shots of the winning numbers it randomly selects

McBain
06-19-2013, 04:58 AM
Such a thing is against TOS, but certainly if you do it in private, nobody is going to stop you.

joshtheboss
06-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Such a thing is against TOS, but certainly if you do it in private, nobody is going to stop you.

Where is the clause where it states this isn't allowed. Not saying I don't believe you just would like to see.

Whirlzap
06-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Where is the clause where it states this isn't allowed. Not saying I don't believe you just would like to see.
I think it goes under/along with scamming, or prohibited forms of marketing/trading gold/items.

kcimythgim
06-19-2013, 08:31 AM
If you were going to do it and people trusted you enough, I would suggest publicly posting all sold tickets with the buyer name next to the ticket number and pics of the numbers that the random number generator selected to make it less likely for complaints of unfairness to occur.

Xbuddyjosh
06-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Lol bro the other option is just give ME the fiery set!

Chickenrunnn
06-19-2013, 11:53 AM
That method was used by many many many scammers before.

Unless, you want people to insta-report you when they see "LOTTERY CONTEST", I'd advice you not to try it :)..

You have many other kind of contests you can be doing you know :)

KingFu
06-19-2013, 12:17 PM
I think it goes under/along with scamming, or prohibited forms of marketing/trading gold/items.

How does it go under scamming? There's been numerous tourneys in the past with buy-in fees, and the devs never said they had a problem with it. If people are willing to trust him, they're on their own. Devs have said before, if you give someone gold, and they don't commit to their end of the deal, they can't help you. You hit accept, thus it's your problem.

Never had I read anything that said something like this is against the TOS. Could be wrong, but I highly doubt the devs will have a problem with someone wanting to host this kind of contest, they'll just probably advise players to be cautious and smart with their gold. If they choose to trust this guy with their gold, that's what they choose to do with it.

Chickenrunnn
06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
How does it go under scamming? There's been numerous tourneys in the past with buy-in fees, and the devs never said they had a problem with it. If people are willing to trust him, they're on their own. Devs have said before, if you give someone gold, and they don't commit to their end of the deal, they can't help you. You hit accept, thus it's your problem.

Never had I read anything that said something like this is against the TOS. Could be wrong, but I highly doubt the devs will have a problem with someone wanting to host this kind of contest, they'll just probably advise players to be cautious and smart with their gold. If they choose to trust this guy with their gold, that's what they choose to do with it.

I don't think it is against TOS, but most of players consider it as a scam. So, even if it isn't a scam, you still get reported^^

xcainnblecterx
06-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Yea just ignore what I said

Chickenrunnn
06-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Yea just ignore what I said

? in what way did we ignore what you said? :o

xcainnblecterx
06-19-2013, 06:35 PM
? in what way did we ignore what you said? :o

Exactly

McBain
06-19-2013, 10:54 PM
This kind of thing has been brought up before and devs always shut it down. Anything that falls into the category of gambling isn't allowed, at least on the forums. Like I said, if you do it privately in-game, nothing is going to stop you, but prepare to be accused of scamming, whether or not it's actually the case.

KingFu
06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
This kind of thing has been brought up before and devs always shut it down. Anything that falls into the category of gambling isn't allowed, at least on the forums. Like I said, if you do it privately in-game, nothing is going to stop you, but prepare to be accused of scamming, whether or not it's actually the case.

Speaking of gambling, I remember the devs once added a random number generator between any 2 specified numbers. They removed it after a while though since everyone used it for gambling.