PDA

View Full Version : Solution to the PVP/CTF issues.....

Energizeric
06-19-2013, 01:33 AM
We add a new column in our stats called "CTF Points":

1) Every time your team scores a flag, you get 1 point. Every time the other team scores a flag, you lose 1 point.

2) If your team is outnumbered (the other team has more players), then you get bonus points for each flag your team scores -- one extra point for each extra player the other team has. So for example, if your team is outnumbered by 2 players (5-to-3, or 4-to-2), then you get 3 points for each flag you score. (the maximum number of points possible for a single flag score is 5, which you would get if your team is outnumbered 5-to-1)

3) If your team is outnumbered, you do not lose any points if the other team scores a flag.

4) If your team outnumbers the other team, and the other team scores a flag, you lose one extra point for each extra player your team has. So for example, if your team outnumbers the other team by 1 player (5-to-4, or 4-to-3), then you lose 2 points for each flag they score.

5) Your points cannot go negative. So if you have 0 points and the other team scores a flag, you do not go any lower than 0.

6) If your team wins the game, you get a 3 point bonus. The losing team does not lose any points for losing the game.

Keep in mind this is only the framework... the number of points or the exact way they are awarded can be fine tuned. But this will result in the following....

---There will now be an incentive to stay in games where you are outnumbered since you get extra points for scoring flags in those situations.

---Since you lose points if the other team scores a flag, this will put an end to "flag farming" since nobody will want to let their friends on the other team score flags.

---This will encourage players to work together instead of only being interested in personal achievements. Someone might risk a death to save the flagger. Players will be encouraged to guard their flagger, or cause a diversion so the flagger can get past the other team unharmed.

---This will also encourage players to guard their own flag and go after the flagger from the other team as they will lose points if he scores.

We can have a leaderboard for CTF Points, and maybe also have achievements when you reach 100, 1k, 5k, and 10k.

What do you all think?

juaki
06-19-2013, 05:39 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?102285-PvP-balance&p=1141778#post1141778

Here my suggestions about this...

Energizeric
06-19-2013, 05:17 PM
I thought more people would like this idea. I guess not. :/

Zurko
06-19-2013, 08:47 PM
pretty much your tryna get at pvp being ...teamdeath match atm lol usually when other team rages people flag...thats what i see anyway
but yea sts lets make ctf..ctf lol
i think this will help with mythic players running pvp...make us use some strategy to out play eachother for wins