PDA

View Full Version : Is there a guide that has every piece of dialogue in the game?

Virylium
06-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Hello! I was thinking of making a guide that details the characters and every exact piece of dialogue.

What I don't know, is if something like that already exists. I know there have been quest guides and strategies, but my main focus is just tracking the names and purposes/histories of characters, details and implications of certain quests, etc.

To get the information, I'd probably buy another character slot and just write down every piece of dialogue that occurs, make notes on minimaps, etc! I'm a pretty detail oriented person.

If this has already been created, in part or in entirety, please reply with a link. If not, what do you think of this idea? I'm really into the story side of things, I don't care that much about grinding as long as it's ultimately to progress the /story/. If someone wants to write a story that is completely consistent with canon details of the game, this would be ideal as well.

Thank you :wink:

EDIT 11:21, I think it'd be hilarious to include all the references in the game too; The Frog Prince, Nordr, Three Little Pigs, etc!

DocDoBig
06-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Heh nice idea!
As long as I remember there are no guides like these - for AL at least.

Ebezaanec
06-20-2013, 12:04 AM
I would like to read a guide like that. Good luck with it!

Alhuntrazeck
06-20-2013, 07:42 AM
That would take a lot of your time, I'm impressed you have the patience to do it! No guide like that here (I think), and gl in making one that huge!

DocDoBig
06-20-2013, 09:36 AM
That would take a lot of your time, I'm impressed you have the patience to do it! No guide like that here (I think), and gl in making one that huge!

Some Docs would have this patience and free time. ;)

Alhuntrazeck
06-20-2013, 10:42 AM
I'll bet on u :)

Virylium
06-20-2013, 12:28 PM
I would enjoy giving my summer a good project to work on! Thank you, I think I'll get started with it as soon as I get the platinum for it :beguiled:

Do you think it would be better to keep the guide on site (in a thread/as a series of blog entries) or off site, such as a freewebs or tumblr?

Virylium
06-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Also-- are there any storyline or drop differences between the classes?

DocDoBig
06-20-2013, 02:35 PM
I would enjoy giving my summer a good project to work on! Thank you, I think I'll get started with it as soon as I get the platinum for it :beguiled:

Do you think it would be better to keep the guide on site (in a thread/as a series of blog entries) or off site, such as a freewebs or tumblr?

I would suggest threads, well, I don't really check Blogs. (Personally of course)

Swede
06-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Also-- are there any storyline or drop differences between the classes?

Yes. In the Kraken Isles, there's a quest line for only the Rogue and in Nordr, there's one for only the Warrior.

I think this sounds like fun and if you have questions, let me know. I'll help when I can.

Virylium
07-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Goodmorning, all! I have been working on and off on the guide-- currently it's not too far along, though I have been leveling when I don't have the opportunity to record new information.

My rogue lass is level 13 and running around in the Brackenridge saga currently, and I'm going to finish it today. Compiling the information into any sense of organization is difficult because there are many aspects to each stage. Currently I have things running in chronological order of potential completion, though I may reorganize it based on stages overall, then by people, then by quests, etc.

I think this sounds like fun and if you have questions, let me know. I'll help when I can.

There have been no real hiccups, though I do have a couple questions now!

- For "male" characters, are there dialogue changes? (For example, the makeover ladies call me a lady!)
- What was the requirement to let Betty give me Barney? I don't remember triggering a quest, but I did get a "quest complete" type screen when she "rewarded" me with the friendly owl.
- How much time does it take to let Petting actually refill some happiness?
- Is it possible to check the "species" of a renamed Companion? (I know that the specie's name will no longer appear in the locked list, but differentiation might be difficult. Naming is fun! So I'm just wondering.)
- Who is Petrox, Lord of War? He has a store sometimes, sometimes he doesn't, and we're certainly not supposed to tell anyone that he's where he is :P

thank you all for your support! It'll be a while, but I'll update here when I can!

Swede
07-08-2013, 11:27 AM
A couple of answers I know without digging too deep.

Yes there are some characters that have different dialogue depending on what your player class (and therefor gender) is.

Petrox has a store for players below level 11. Lord of War is a reference to Nicholas Cage's character in the movie Lord of War, who was a weapon dealer. Petrox is a reference to Petro, the old guy that used to explain potions to new players.

Tama Kino
07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Petrox has a store for players below level 11. Lord of War is a reference to Nicholas Cage's character in the movie Lord of War, who was a weapon dealer. Petrox is a reference to Petro, the old guy that used to explain potions to new players.

Yay, I finally know the background story on Petrox, so he is only available till level 11. That's why I couldn't open the shop option any more, I had levelled past level 11.

Virylium
07-08-2013, 08:25 PM

Thank you! I noticed on my lvl 23 account that he didn't do anything, but he had been available for a time on my new account. I guess now that she's 13 that's why I couldn't access his store anymore. Thank you!

if you have questions, let me know.

A few more!

1.) Is the mage agendered or male? (Since the class looks rather non-female.)

2.) Does the season ever change, or is based on location permanently? Windmoore has leaves blowing through it right now, the Undead City campaign has jack-o-lanterns, the Ydra Forest looks pretty sparse-- is it fall? Kraken Isles is far enough south/tropical that its summery appearance makes sense, and Nordr is in the chilly high mountains.

3.) Windmoore is right off the ocean (since it's a port city), and it also has a river flowing inland. Does that mean there's a below-sea-level canyon between Windmoore and Brackenridge Forest/the Aqueducts? The map is really cool, I like the sense of height.
Ridge is ofcourse a heightened outcrop, so I'm curious as to whether the village has a great altitude or just enormous cliffs on all sides!

Thank you again!

Swede
07-09-2013, 10:41 AM
The mage that players play is male.

Fictionally, Windmoore is temperate climate so it would change with the seasons, however we don't reflect that in game currently. Kraag is desert, Kraken Isles tropical and Nordr is cold harsh tundra (Siberia, Alaska). Those areas would have less change to their climate with the seasons.

I haven't thought about where the river goes but it gives me an idea for future content. The Kraag split (under the Hauntlet) is a huge canyon but I don't think the water would make it all the way there.

Linkincena
07-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Good imagination swede :)

Virylium
07-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Good evening, and thank you again!

I have no new questions, just sharing some thoughts-- the more I realize how complex certain aspects are, the more I want to stop logging my information into a MS Word program and instead into a spreadsheet, so that wherever and however I end up publishing the ultimate guide, I can categorize things more specifically or more broadly.

On that notion, is is possible to do "spoiler" tag-ception? (A spoiler within a spoiler, and so on?) I've gotten to the Beastmaster quests, and the Watcher's Tomb from Benadict (or however his name is spelled). Quest chains might make sense to enter in subsequently since they relate to the same characters again and again. Since so much of the dialogue in the game is related to the quests, I feel that it's important to continue to consider them (despite the basic quest guides already out there).

Is a Freewebs a better medium than forum at that point? This is all hypothetical currently, since I'm only logging information right now and compiling it more slowly than that.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this! Bai!

Temarichan
07-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Cool :) I will look forward to the finished product