PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents on Pvp deathmatch.

Bless
06-20-2013, 03:43 PM
1. Why is the troll there? To tank for the other team? drain your mana? by 1 hitting?
2. I feel the LB is for twinks. Twinks have a 4:1 or something kdr and at levels like 27 or endgame its impossible, so I feel it should be changed to Kills LB or even matches won Lb.

Ill add more, right now im not feeling right:uncomfortableness:

Swede
06-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Trulle is mostly just a hazard. If an enemy is close to him, knock them over and watch as he smashes them. He's extremely slow, so should be easy to avoid if you don't want to deal with him. He also grants an achievement and title if you and 3 friends + 4 enemies somehow manage to kill him.

I hear your concerns about only a KDR leaderboard and will probably add a Kill number leaderboard as well.

Bless
06-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Trulle is mostly just a hazard. If an enemy is close to him, knock them over and watch as he smashes them. He's extremely so should be easy to avoid if you don't want to deal with him. He also grants and achievement and title if you and 3 friends + 4 enemies somehow manage to kill him.

I hear your concerns about only a KDR leaderboard and will probably add a Kill number leaderboard as well. Thanks. I tried that trick but im a rogue soidk how im supposed to pull the opponent to trulle. Thanks for the kill number lb. its needed. twink kill farmers reign the kdr lb

Swede
06-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks. I tried that trick but im a rogue soidk how im supposed to pull the opponent to trulle. Thanks for the kill number lb. its needed. twink kill farmers reign the kdr lb

I don't know, I just played a level 30 match and two of the players in the match was part of the top 10 on the KDR board, so real players are definitely on there, for now.

Bless
06-20-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't know, I just played a level 30 match and two of the players in the match was part of the top 10 on the KDR board, so real players are definitely on there, for now. Meh check back with me on Saturday :)

Solid
06-21-2013, 01:55 AM
Or check now .

Limsi
06-21-2013, 06:27 AM
Good grief on the KDR board..

while I agree that everyone should have a chance at it, isn't the current system preventing some of us do so? To be honest, I'm sure this would encourage more people to kill farm as well.. which you guys try to avoid in the first place right? Thanks for the wonderful update though!

iluvataris
06-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Yes thank you STs.. just sucks we can't legitly compete for leaderboard spots at endgame.... it is really fun though.

GoodSyntax
06-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Would it be possible to create season based leaderboards for timed runs and CTF, so that way, the folks who weren't here in the beginning have a chance to actually show up on the leaderboard, without having to farm 30k CTF kills in a single season?

It would be cool if we could have a season leaderboard and an all-time leaderboard, which gives the old-timers their due, and gives some of these new pups a chance.

And, I'm totally with Limsyoker on the KDR thing. As if I don't already hear people whine and complain about their KDR, bailing out on matches as soon as they see a disadvantage, fish around for the strongest team before they join, gang kill, spawn-kill, join into matches that are already 3v1, etc., a KDR board just exasperates this kind of anti-social behavior. Shouldn't we be encouraging fair fights, chivalry, and a "may the best team win" mentality instead of a get the kill and leave if you think you may die type of culture?

Lady_Pebbles
06-21-2013, 01:25 PM
I agree completely with Lim and Syn. This is getting ridiculous already.

Limsi
06-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Would it be possible to create season based leaderboards for timed runs and CTF, so that way, the folks who weren't here in the beginning have a chance to actually show up on the leaderboard, without having to farm 30k CTF kills in a single season?

It would be cool if we could have a season leaderboard and an all-time leaderboard, which gives the old-timers their due, and gives some of these new pups a chance.

And, I'm totally with Limsyoker on the KDR thing. As if I don't already hear people whine and complain about their KDR, bailing out on matches as soon as they see a disadvantage, fish around for the strongest team before they join, gang kill, spawn-kill, join into matches that are already 3v1, etc., a KDR board just exasperates this kind of anti-social behavior. Shouldn't we be encouraging fair fights, chivalry, and a "may the best team win" mentality instead of a get the kill and leave if you think you may die type of culture?

Could have not said it better. Now that we have the Kill count replacing the KDR, we're pretty much back to the kill farming issue in which I assume would stay for long.

As for the leaderboard, I do vouch for your idea. I would not want to spend a whole season fighting for a spot that seems to be out of reach. Categories like:All-Time and Current Season would give others a fair and square chance at being part of the leader-board. I'm not quite sure if this has been implemented in the previous STS titles but I don't see any harm in doing so. It's a win win situation!