PDA

View Full Version : Misty?

Trenton
06-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Is Misty worth having? 10%+ damage and 300 health seems good, not to mention the debuff get-rid-of-er. Has anyone tried Misty out? Post your thoughts here :D

Solid
06-21-2013, 01:51 AM
Another bs pet...

Maliso has better overall stats and 15 dodge is always usefull...

Cero
06-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Another bs pet...

Maliso has better overall stats and 15 dodge is always usefull...

you must be a rogue?

as for sorc, +10%dmg and 300hp is greater than 20-20-20 stats. and i still havent seen its passive and arcane ability.

Obi
06-21-2013, 08:27 AM
as for sorc, +10%dmg and 300hp is greater than 20-20-20 stats. and i still havent seen its passive and arcane ability.

20-20-20 gives you: 330hp 200mp + some bonus damage too..

Solid
06-21-2013, 10:03 AM
And dodge,

Idk what cero was thinking...

jtst
06-21-2013, 11:53 AM
And 5% crit, that makes malison.. best pet in game together with slag

keikali
06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Misty is just okay. I mentioned to Swede in the update thread that 90 Plat doesn't justify the stats that Misty has. Yes the arcane ability is VERY USEFUL, but the stats doesn't justify it. Carapace responded saying lets wait for more feedback from everyone else who bought it or seen it in action, etc.

And 5% crit, that makes malison.. best pet in game together with slag

Malison is NOT the best pet ingame. Two many people are overrating Mali for a mage. A balanced pet? Yes, but not best., Give me Clyde any day over Mali.

Slag is okay for a mage but for 250 plat they should boost the stats more.

I have the following pets for rotation on my level 31 mage: Clyde, Wrathjaw, Horton, Ribbit, Misty. Might throw in another in the future.

Valsacar
06-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Should add in Orion, he's great for a mage and a good team pet with his arcane.

keikali
06-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Should add in Orion, he's great for a mage and a good team pet with his arcane.

I was thinking of adding him mainly as a defensive pet, but not sure yet.

Lady_Pebbles
06-21-2013, 01:53 PM
It all depends on the type of build you're going for, for your play style. Personally, I like Malison because it boosts all of my mage's stats (especially hp and armor) without having to sacrifice too much dmg and dps. Mages are squishy, so anything that gives us a better chance to survive is good in my book. Pets arcanes are fine but useless if their stat bonuses don't contribute to my mage's survival.

As for Misty, Im actually thinking about getting one. I like the hp and dmg boosts but also keep in mind that +300hp isn't much depending on the build I am using at that time. Could easily adjust with different gear though. Hmm, the arcane seems useful too. Might try her out and use her as a backup pet in PvP or just for PvE.

Mages don't really need to have hella dmg/dps to pwn, we can pwn just fine with decent dmg, hp, and armor. Just cuz you dish out hella dmg doesn't mean you'll actually survive your enemy's attacks. Trying to find a decent balance for a mage but leaning slightly more on survival vs dmg is just my way of playing.

To each their own. ;)

TuMadreee
06-21-2013, 04:14 PM
okok... Hammerjaw is best; no comment

n19one
06-22-2013, 10:18 AM
20-20-20 gives you: 330hp 200mp + some bonus damage too..

Not 330 hp but 360 hp.. =)
Can anyone post the misty status ability? i really want to know what is his arcane n passive ability description.. thx for anyone who answer this

Y O L O
06-22-2013, 07:01 PM
i like glacian cause he does a crap load of dmg

Solid
06-23-2013, 02:40 PM
% of population thats has arcane pets? Less then 1.

Malison gives best overall stats.

Makes it best pet.

Nuff said.

drgrimmy
06-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Here is a screenshot of the abilities it gains at lvl15. I assume it will not change as not mythic, but have not yet leveled to 30.

I think that the worst part about this pet is the cool down time of the arcane ability. It is pretty insane as it lasts for about 30 seconds. I think one of the longest I have seen of almost any pet.

Oh yeah, and it appears to work on the ice patches in nordr, removing the effects of being frozen...

Y O L O
06-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Dude that is wicked!

wvhills
06-28-2013, 12:22 PM
In pvp if more mages used curse then i think misty would be a good pet; however, curse never caught on because it's range is so short. Since this pet came out with the curse upgrade I have to believe it was put in to counteract curse.

Otawaazavie
06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
i agree with drgrimmy about the cooldown of its arcane. Happiness bonus and passive also not something special. If it raised a stat like int or dex or if its passive also reduced armor would be much better

Kakatoa91
06-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Wait how the ability works?

Revitalize debuff last 30 sec or cool down is 30 sec?

drgrimmy
06-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Wait how the ability works?

Revitalize debuff last 30 sec or cool down is 30 sec?

I believe it instantaneously removes any debuffs you have been hit with (eg so not an ability with any duration making you immune to debuffs for a period of time). The cool down for the arcane ability is about 30sec, meaning you can't use it again for about 30sec. I think this makes it pretty useless as stun immunity only lasts 8 sec, meaning that someone can stun you another 2-3 times before you can use misty's arcane ability again.

Linkincena
07-01-2013, 01:29 AM
Helpful when warrior stuns ...

Monstertongue
07-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Slag the best pet for mage...killed rogue in 5 sec

Jexetta
07-01-2013, 03:41 PM
I purchased Misty when it first came out. I was really intrigued by the arcane ability and with more and more mages wearing high damage mythic guns and putting out substantial damage I was dreaming of being unable to be stunned. I also bought Misty with the intention of being able to do faster timed runs in kraken in case you get stunned by the large shark mobs aoe stun. Of course all of this isn't realistic at all :

In pvp stuns often come in chains, the CD on fireball is so much quicker than Misty's cooldown it's not really useful. If they run slag as well you'll more than likely be stunned by slag after you recover from the fireball. In a team pvp match stuns come so often to the extent it's also fairly worthless. When the cooldown rate is as slow as it is you will only get one chance in a big group clash to use the ability and this entails that you need to do it at the end of all the stun skills or it's wasted which is fairly hard against a good team as they will stagger their skills.

If you do timed runs and are worried about stuns you should remember the speed in which you run often leaves your pet in the dust, so Misty is no help at all on Crypt runs. The most useful place I've found for Misty is in Crystal Caverns where you can break your warrior or friend free from the ice when the spider boss pulls you in and freezes you - but that's a pretty niche pet.

Then there comes it's total lack of a intelligence stat - any rogue running Misty will more than likely have a really low mana pool. It might be a good pet for a warrior maybe, but as it stands I've been a little disappointed since the day I bought it. Let's also remember the cooldown rate.

I think I recall the cooldown on a post by gluttony being listed for Misty as 40 seconds? I'm not able to get online right now to verify the rate, but I can vouch for how the cooldown rate is insanely slow. When a pet only lasts for 15 minutes until it's hungry, that gives you only 22 taps of the arcane ability in 15 minutes. Compare that to ribbit at 12 seconds or wrathjaw at 7 seconds and ribbit you can tap 75 times, and wrath 128 times per feed. Even Slag at 25 seconds you can tap 36 times per feed. I suppose that's if you don't die as the ability resets after revival - but regardless, it does put the cooldown rate into perspective. As it stands Misty needs a fairly decent stat boost for it to be worth using as a pet on a regular basis. As a rogue if you run misty in any group you're going to be consuming a far larger amount of mana pots - I would guess the same would be the truth for a warrior as well.

I'll post a picture of Misty when I get it to level 30, it's 28 now and looks like it shares the same passive abilities as kettle or any of the other cats. Overall I've been a little disappointed in the pet, but I think it was a cool idea - it just needs tweaking for it to compare to any of the other 90plat pets. Orion, Malison, Talon are all much better pets that can be used fairly universally, Misty is a super niche pet right now. If the cooldown was lowered to 15 seconds you would see more people actually using it and purchasing the pet I would imagine.

keikali
07-01-2013, 03:52 PM
I purchased Misty when it first came out. I was really intrigued by the arcane ability and with more and more mages wearing high damage mythic guns and putting out substantial damage I was dreaming of being unable to be stunned. I also bought Misty with the intention of being able to do faster timed runs in kraken in case you get stunned by the large shark mobs aoe stun. Of course all of this isn't realistic at all :

In pvp stuns often come in chains, the CD on fireball is so much quicker than Misty's cooldown it's not really useful. If they run slag as well you'll more than likely be stunned by slag after you recover from the fireball. In a team pvp match stuns come so often to the extent it's also fairly worthless. When the cooldown rate is as slow as it is you will only get one chance in a big group clash to use the ability and this entails that you need to do it at the end of all the stun skills or it's wasted which is fairly hard against a good team as they will stagger their skills.

If you do timed runs and are worried about stuns you should remember the speed in which you run often leaves your pet in the dust, so Misty is no help at all on Crypt runs. The most useful place I've found for Misty is in Crystal Caverns where you can break your warrior or friend free from the ice when the spider boss pulls you in and freezes you - but that's a pretty niche pet.

Then there comes it's total lack of a intelligence stat - any rogue running Misty will more than likely have a really low mana pool. It might be a good pet for a warrior maybe, but as it stands I've been a little disappointed since the day I bought it. Let's also remember the cooldown rate.

I think I recall the cooldown on a post by gluttony being listed for Misty as 40 seconds? I'm not able to get online right now to verify the rate, but I can vouch for how the cooldown rate is insanely slow. When a pet only lasts for 15 minutes until it's hungry, that gives you only 22 taps of the arcane ability in 15 minutes. Compare that to ribbit at 12 seconds or wrathjaw at 7 seconds and ribbit you can tap 75 times, and wrath 128 times per feed. Even Slag at 25 seconds you can tap 36 times per feed. I suppose that's if you don't die as the ability resets after revival - but regardless, it does put the cooldown rate into perspective. As it stands Misty needs a fairly decent stat boost for it to be worth using as a pet on a regular basis. As a rogue if you run misty in any group you're going to be consuming a far larger amount of mana pots - I would guess the same would be the truth for a warrior as well.

I'll post a picture of Misty when I get it to level 30, it's 28 now and looks like it shares the same passive abilities as kettle or any of the other cats. Overall I've been a little disappointed in the pet, but I think it was a cool idea - it just needs tweaking for it to compare to any of the other 90plat pets. Orion, Malison, Talon are all much better pets that can be used fairly universally, Misty is a super niche pet right now. If the cooldown was lowered to 15 seconds you would see more people actually using it and purchasing the pet I would imagine.

Lowered CD on Arcane and in addition buffing its stats like +INT, etc. I emphasized alot on my post to Swede about how it costs 90 Plat like Clyde and such, but lacks the usefulness because of the lack of stats it has. It just doesn't justify costing 90 Plat meanwhile others like Clyde are like SO useful.

Bebsi
07-01-2013, 10:31 PM
I tested it in PVP and got owned badly lol
The CD time is freakin' slow. I get stunned 2-3 times until I can use its arcane ability again.
As a warrior I would love to see it buff ur stats a bit, int or str wise. Plus 300hp doesn't really help, it would be better to give +20str/25str.
As mentioned above, Malison gives more hp total when equipped, not to mention better dmg output.

I don't use it any more, as its a pretty useless pet in low lvl PVP.
The idea of chasing rogues and mages without getting stunned too much, made me buy this pet.
Ofc, I'm rather disappointed for it doesn't offer much for 90 plat.
I like all the other 90 plat pets more than misty.

If u cut down it's CD to 15secs, no doubt, it would help so much ^_^

unknownkj
07-05-2013, 07:44 AM
I bought the pet and true it's very disappointing. I would suggest giving it better stats and faster cd on arcane.

hotpimp
07-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Slag? Rogues have 40-50 dodge buffed. Slag is usefull for the stun. When it actually hits.