PDA

View Full Version : Is my device now incompatible?

Gideon Jean-Claude
06-20-2013, 08:15 PM
I play on a Samsung Galaxy S with 2.2 operating system that was fine before today's update. I can't find any list on forums that has specific supported or unsupported devices so I would appreciate if someone more knowledgeable can give me some insight. I have uninstalled and then installed the game again and still get force closes. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

bramer
06-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Nah, cause when your device is incompatible it doesn't force close the app it just won't be able to download/update it.
I'm fairly certain this is true.

This is bramer - signing out

Roberto077
06-20-2013, 09:25 PM
^^ that

I'm sure Spacetime will be looking into that issue.

bramer
06-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Yessss, I got it right :D

This is bramer - signing out

Samhayne
06-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I'm sorry but your device will no longer run the game.

Extreme
06-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Time For New Phone :D

joshtheboss
06-20-2013, 10:01 PM
If you know how to update it to a newer version of android. If a manufacturer version isn't available you can get a custom one from a site like xda developers.

Waug
06-20-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry but your device will no longer run the game.

sorry sam, but you need to state, exactly for which reson, this device won't run the game.

for the android version?
for the arm architecture?
for CPU processure speed?
for open gl version?
for RAM limitation?
or
for the GPU?

I was looking at the specs of the device, I found it is not ARMv6, few months ago support was taken off from it.

cpu, gpu and ram is quite good.

the only thing can be low android version, but then op couldn't even install the new app.

Gideon Jean-Claude
06-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Thank you all for the helpful and insightful comments. I'll be back to playing again once I'm able to upgrade my phone.

joshtheboss
06-21-2013, 08:02 AM
sorry sam, but you need to state, exactly for which reson, this device won't run the game.

for the android version?
for the arm architecture?
for CPU processure speed?
for open gl version?
for RAM limitation?
or
for the GPU?

I was looking at the specs of the device, I found it is not ARMv6, few months ago support was taken off from it.

cpu, gpu and ram is quite good.

the only thing can be low android version, but then op couldn't even install the new app.

If I'm not mistaken 2.2 is now incompatible with pocket legends.

Schnitzel
06-21-2013, 11:02 AM
So what if you upgraded to latest android software? Then would you be able to play?

joshtheboss
06-21-2013, 12:56 PM
So what if you upgraded to latest android software? Then would you be able to play?

He would.

billybob1
06-21-2013, 01:38 PM
yeah..i have galaxy as well but its 2.3 android and mine works perfect

Itoopeo
06-21-2013, 05:35 PM
I got exactly same phone than you do. I can give you a good tip: Root your phone, install cyanogen mod 9 and have fun in PL. On my phone, it runs smoothly, no lags, no issues. Just overheats easily.

Rooting is easy so why don't you root?

Waug
06-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Ya, rooting is easy but bit risky, and not for everyone, and if it requires 2.3 version, then this device can be upgraded to 2.3 officially. So @op all you have to go to service center, they'll upgrade it, if you don't have a pc, if you have then, download the appropriate version from samsung's website, and follow the instructions.

Jig
06-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know if the iPad 1 will soon be incompatible or is that still not until a while

Schnitzel
06-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Does anyone know if the iPad 1 will soon be incompatible or is that still not until a while
If ipad1 goes incompatible soon..that means..ipad2 is next
o.o

Jig
06-25-2013, 01:24 AM
If ipad1 goes incompatible soon..that means..ipad2 is next
o.o

iPad wont be until a long while.. maybe.. i dont know surely sts cant update there game that high that it closes out ipad 1 AND 2 soon.. meh btw ipad 2 is kind of just like the ipad 3 isnt it?

Gragorak
06-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Funny how PL doesn't support Android 2.2 anymore but SL, DL and AL do.

chidoro42
06-25-2013, 07:50 AM
There's actually a pretty big difference between the ipad 1 and 2. The 1 is already incompatible with a lot of software. Apple has even stopped supporting it for a lot of the newer features. Ipad 2 on the other hand, is still widely supported and since the mini's innards are similar, will continue to be supported for a while

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jig
06-25-2013, 09:01 AM
There's actually a pretty big difference between the ipad 1 and 2. The 1 is already incompatible with a lot of software. Apple has even stopped supporting it for a lot of the newer features. Ipad 2 on the other hand, is still widely supported and since the mini's innards are similar, will continue to be supported for a while

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah I know I said iPad 1 is way crappier then the 2, I said the 2 and the 3 are KIND OF alike not the 1 and 2, I want to look forward to getting a 2nd gen do you think it's worth it? I don't want EXTREMELY hardcore speed but average or better then average.. IMO iPad 2 seems not bad Tbh :/

Actually thanks heaps mate for the info exactly what I needed all true

Emegency
06-26-2013, 01:22 AM
r they going to fix the crashing problem or i have to say bye to pl? :( thats all i want to know... cuz support stays silent like never before..

Gideon Jean-Claude
06-26-2013, 11:04 AM
If you know how to update it to a newer version of android. If a manufacturer version isn't available you can get a custom one from a site like xda developers.

Thank you sooooooo much for simply mentioning for me to update my phone. Its my fault that I never updated it in the nearly two years that I've had it. I ignorantly never thought to do so for any reason (funny how my desire to continue playing a game that I've come to love as one of my pastimes ultimately resulted in my upgrading its OS). I'm certain that this has only bought me a limited amount of time, but by the time its 2.3 Gingerbread is no longer compatible I should have a Galaxy 4. I must state that I have been trying unsuccessfully to complete the update for the last week (and this was through the manufacturers Kies Mini program), and it FINALLY went through moments ago. Funny.....I actually thought it had been almost two weeks lol. Thanks again