PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on deathmatch

Energizeric
06-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Not considering those who farm kills, I think your performance in deathmatch is a much better indicator of how good you are at PvP and much less an indicator of your team compared to the CTF map.

In CTF, no matter how good you are your performance always seem to depend on how good your team is. One great player on a crappy team always results in you getting ganged up on and killed very easily. I think that's due to the way the map is laid out. It's all very narrow hallways, so everyone ends up lumped together and it's easy to corner a player and kill him if you have a good group.

In the deathmatch map, it's so wide open that this doesn't really happen anymore. You can get away pretty easily if you are outnumbered. A mage or rogue can easily kite a group of warriors for example, and take them out one at a time. In CTF, 2 or 3 lousy players together can beat one good player most of the time in a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 battle. In deathmatch the one good player will beat the group of lousy players. Numbers don't give you that much of an advantage anymore.

Paulsebi
06-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Or a warrior can take down easily 2 (rogues / mages / or mage and rogue) in the deathmatch. From my point of view this map is the best for warrior.

Just sharing my opinion, no flames :)

And good luck to all in the new pvp map.

Merrrrrrrked
06-21-2013, 09:02 AM
From my point of view this map is the best for warrior.

Paulsebi, I definitely agree with you here. The map it self is pretty awesome and the concept is cool. When I logged in yesterday to start playing I was under the assumption that the game would be all one v one because of the name "deathmath"
Quickly realizing I was completely wrong LOL I figured this would be a game that valued team strategy so I engaged in some pretty epic team battles. I got about 10 kills and 2 deaths my first game. Then I checked leaderboard and realized that it was ranked via KDR. -______-

warriors have a huge advantage when it comes to KDR and the fact that they rank it like this ruins this new map for me. I think there should be a point system for this new game comprising of this:

- points for a kill
- negative points for death
- negative points for leaving game
- points for winning game

I don't see how I would have any motivation to kill strong players if all that matters is KDR. What is happening now as a result of this leaderboard ranking is pros not killing eachother, newbs being farmed heavily, and people (not gonna name any names) killing their own alternate accounts or paying newbs to let them be killed.

Y O L O
06-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Not considering those who farm kills, I think your performance in deathmatch is a much better indicator of how good you are at PvP and much less an indicator of your team compared to the CTF map.

In CTF, no matter how good you are your performance always seem to depend on how good your team is. One great player on a crappy team always results in you getting ganged up on and killed very easily. I think that's due to the way the map is laid out. It's all very narrow hallways, so everyone ends up lumped together and it's easy to corner a player and kill him if you have a good group.

In the deathmatch map, it's so wide open that this doesn't really happen anymore. You can get away pretty easily if you are outnumbered. A mage or rogue can easily kite a group of warriors for example,and take them out one at a time. In CTF, 2 or 3 lousy players together can beat one good player most of the time in a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 battle. In deathmatch the one good player will beat the group of lousy players. Numbers don't give you that much of an advantage anymore.

Umm no.warriors axe throw brings them back and once they r back they dont come back alive

Y O L O
06-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Paulsebi, I definitely agree with you here. The map it self is pretty awesome and the concept is cool. When I logged in yesterday to start playing I was under the assumption that the game would be all one v one because of the name "deathmath"
Quickly realizing I was completely wrong LOL I figured this would be a game that valued team strategy so I engaged in some pretty epic team battles. I got about 10 kills and 2 deaths my first game. Then I checked leaderboard and realized that it was ranked via KDR. -______-

warriors have a huge advantage when it comes to KDR and the fact that they rank it like this ruins this new map for me. I think there should be a point system for this new game comprising of this:

- points for a kill
- negative points for death
- negative points for leaving game
- points for winning game

I don't see how I would have any motivation to kill strong players if all that matters is KDR. What is happening now as a result of this leaderboard ranking is pros not killing eachother, newbs being farmed heavily, and people (not gonna name any names) killing their own alternate accounts or paying newbs to let them be killed.
+1 on this sir and ty

Kraze
06-21-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm a little disappointed its not just a 1v1 arena. Jump in fight to 5 after a death health and mana refill and keep fighting. This new set up seems more of the same. And in order to slow down kill farming a kill shouldn't count unless the other player landed at least one attack

Energizeric
06-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Umm no.warriors axe throw brings them back and once they r back they dont come back alive

I don't have this problem. Yes, they can do their axe throw, but they will get a face full of Fire and Lightning when they pull me in, resulting in them being stunned and me back to kiting 2 seconds later. :)

I think this map benefits good players with good gear, as opposed to the CTF map which mostly favored the stronger team as a whole. Here I can succeed even with a crappy team.

Wowsome
06-21-2013, 11:15 AM

In the deathmatch map, it's so wide open that this doesn't really happen anymore. You can get away pretty easily if you are outnumbered. A mage or rogue can easily kite a group of warriors for example, and take them out one at a time. In CTF, 2 or 3 lousy players together can beat one good player most of the time in a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 battle. In deathmatch the one good player will beat the group of lousy players. Numbers don't give you that much of an advantage anymore.

This is so true. In a match yesterday, I was the one getting kills for my team most of the times. The opposite team couldn't kill me, so they kept killing my team-mates. It was pretty close .. my team won 20-17, with me getting 16 out of those 20 kills. This would be very difficult in the CTF map.

Soundlesskill
06-23-2013, 02:51 AM
I wish it was a 1v1 arena!