PDA

View Full Version : Charged or not charged

matanofx
06-21-2013, 03:26 AM
i know theres some skill upgrades that only work on a charged skill

but what if i didnt get any of those upgrades on my shield, and i did get othet upgrades that doesnt require full charge, does it make any difference at all weather i charge the shield or not?

and same about fireball, i know some upgrades are for a charged skill only, but what if click and let go right away, does the fireball do less demage? or does it only effect that full charge upgrades to not happen on a non-full charge attack?

thats basically my question, thnx =]

Obi
06-21-2013, 04:20 AM
I think that you get higher dmg when you charge (maybe 25%), for shield is higher value of max damage absorbed etc..

Jed
06-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I experimented with this once (shield) while flagging. I think I found that charging does provide a slight difference in damage taken from the ctf flag.
I'll have to experiment again to make sure.

EDIT: It does make a difference.

iacito
06-21-2013, 07:46 PM
I experimented with this once (shield) while flagging. I think I found that charging does provide a slight difference in damage taken from the ctf flag.
I'll have to experiment again to make sure.

EDIT: It does make a difference.
Charged shield adds approximately 10% dmg reduction to shield.

matanofx
06-23-2013, 11:56 PM
okay thnx =] thats really what i wanted to find out

how bout charged fire bolt if i didnt get any upgrades for a charged fire bolt, does it do more dmg?

swexcist
06-24-2013, 02:39 AM
More dmg and proccs when charged, ie fireball > stun + dmg etc

Alhuntrazeck
06-29-2013, 08:03 AM
Here's what I do:
I lead with a charged fireball to leave the enemies reeling. Then use charged shield for the like 2 sec invincibility and damage reduction. After that I use charged lightning and spam auto attack until fire is cooled down. Then I TAP it, because the 2 secs or so you take to charge your fire could very well mean the difference between life and death (esp. when you're against some really hard-hitting rogues). Then lightning, auto, fire, and so on.
I sometimes vary between charged fire-charged lightning-charged shield and charged fire-charged shield-charged lightning like I typed above. It depends on my team; if they're not so good, shield before light would be best.
The damage on tapping is less than charging but sometimes its worth just not charging.