PDA

View Full Version : The Best Build For Sorcerer

Mr.Reco
06-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Hello Everyone!

It's Sibos,

I am gonna share the best build for sorcerer with you guys.

Active Skills:

1. Gale 4/5 - the best skill - without Speed Wind
2. Fire 4/5 - without Scrotch
3. Time Shift 4/5 - without Dodge
4. Your choose - heal or shield

Pure INT build.

Passive:

Crit 5/5
INT 5/5
Damage 5/5

Cheers!

keikali
06-21-2013, 12:46 PM
I have the same build but instead of 5/5 Damage I choose 5/5 Strength.

Also I put 2/5 in Heal, one for basic and mana heal upgrade.

Mr.Reco
06-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes 2/5 heal is nice choose, cause will needs heals when doing elite bosses.

Cheers!

Valsacar
06-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Pots heal, with no cooldown. Heal only good if you PvP (and even then not really needed).

5 Dex would be better than 5 crit, gives 125 more hp and a consistent 1.6 damage increase (before bonus damage% is added on).

Since heal and shield aren't really need if you know how to drink pots, ice is a better option. Good damage, some DoT, and chance (charged) at AoE.

I'm not a fan of Gale, but some people are so...

keikali
06-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Pots heal, with no cooldown. Heal only good if you PvP (and even then not really needed).

5 Dex would be better than 5 crit, gives 125 more hp and a consistent 1.6 damage increase (before bonus damage% is added on).

Since heal and shield aren't really need if you know how to drink pots, ice is a better option. Good damage, some DoT, and chance (charged) at AoE.

I originally had 5/5 DEX but switched to 5/5 STR instead for the bigger HP boost. 1.6 dmg (percent?) or just dmg?

Mr.Reco
06-22-2013, 12:09 AM

You are wrong here, the most sorcerer has got this skill now, cause it's insane with new update about this skill for leveling together with time shift and fireball.

Valsacar
06-22-2013, 12:56 AM
You are wrong here, the most sorcerer has got this skill now, cause it's insane with new update about this skill for leveling together with time shift and fireball.

Really, that's why I haven't seen a single sorc using Gale in PvE or PvP? I've only seen two using it, and they were just playing with it in our GH.

Same damage as fireball, but hits less targets and no DoT (so, less damage). Small speed boost (charged) or dash backwards (limited use, more irritating than anything IMO) for an extra point. AoE if you spend a second point, but still hits less targets than fireball and with scatter effect (unless you have perfect placement). Nice little armor boost (for 4 seconds), but has a 5.5 sec cool down (which means even less damage than fireball which has a 4 sec CD) and requires it charged (so add 2 more secs to the CD and remove 2s of weapon damage).

Or compare to ice... ice has more damage, DoT upgrade, freeze/slow targets and 3 sec CD.

Obviously not going to take out Time, the primary crowd control ability of sorcs.

So that leaves lightning, which is single target damage but far higher and only takes 2 points to do well (3 if you want to waste a point on crit chance).

What is insane about it again? Longer CD, less damage, most abilities require charge.

Mr.Reco
06-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Really, that's why I haven't seen a single sorc using Gale in PvE or PvP? I've only seen two using it, and they were just playing with it in our GH.

Same damage as fireball, but hits less targets and no DoT (so, less damage). Small speed boost (charged) or dash backwards (limited use, more irritating than anything IMO) for an extra point. AoE if you spend a second point, but still hits less targets than fireball and with scatter effect (unless you have perfect placement). Nice little armor boost (for 4 seconds), but has a 5.5 sec cool down (which means even less damage than fireball which has a 4 sec CD) and requires it charged (so add 2 more secs to the CD and remove 2s of weapon damage).

Or compare to ice... ice has more damage, DoT upgrade, freeze/slow targets and 3 sec CD.

Obviously not going to take out Time, the primary crowd control ability of sorcs.

So that leaves lightning, which is single target damage but far higher and only takes 2 points to do well (3 if you want to waste a point on crit chance).

What is insane about it again? Longer CD, less damage, most abilities require charge.

Just wanna to ask one question : Did you test Gale in last week after new update about this skill?

Valsacar
06-22-2013, 01:39 AM
Yes, I tested both gale and curse after the changes. Then went back to fire/ice/light/time because the upgrades still did not make them viable alternatives.

Mr.Reco
06-22-2013, 01:49 AM
I prefer Gale, cause the combination with time shift + fireball is really nice. I could solo kraag lv4 easily and you can leveling faster with this combination, its just my opinion :)

Edit: What lvl is your sorcerer and what is your PvE and CTF kills/deaths ?

Valsacar
06-22-2013, 02:13 AM
LvL 31.

85554/2515

I don't like CTF, but TDM I do like so that's at 421/203 atm.

Mr.Reco
06-22-2013, 02:21 AM
LvL 31.

85554/2515

I don't like CTF, but TDM I do like so that's at 421/203 atm.

Nice, could you tell exactly your passive and active skills and your build/gears - just wanna to test out something?

Valsacar
06-22-2013, 02:27 AM
Passives are 5, 5, 5 int, dex, dmg

fire (1-4), light (just fist), ice (1-3), Time (all).

Gear, mythic.

killbforkilldorshiech
06-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Not sure what's going on between you two but I'm sorcerer and I just respeced and got gale it is awesome

Mr.Reco
06-22-2013, 02:58 AM
Passives are 5, 5, 5 int, dex, dmg

fire (1-4), light (just fist), ice (1-3), Time (all).

Gear, mythic.

I tested my skills build with your skills builds at Watchers Tomb lv1.

Results:

Your skills build with:

I am with lv14 warriror together - I could clean watchers tomb lv1 in 3m and 31 seconds ( used so much HP pots )

My skills build with:

I am alone, you will not believe me - I could clean watchers tomb lv1 in 2m 30 seconds ( used so less pots )

PS: I used same pet and same gears on both runs at Watchers Tombs and that's results .

Cheers!

Mr.Reco
06-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Not sure what's going on between you two but I'm sorcerer and I just respeced and got gale it is awesome

It's not awesome, cause It's insane!

Cheers!

Valsacar
06-22-2013, 03:03 AM
I tested my skills build with your skills builds at Watchers Tomb lv1.

Results:

Your skills build with:

I am with lv14 warriror together - I could clean watchers tomb lv1 in 3m and 31 seconds ( used so much HP pots )

My skills build with:

I am alone, you will not believe me - I could clean watchers tomb lv1 in 2m 30 seconds ( used so less pots )

PS: I used same pet and same gears on both runs at Watchers Tombs and that's results .

Cheers!

That's not even close to an accurate test, a lvl 14 warrior is adding no damage but increasing the strength of all the mobs.

Valsacar
06-22-2013, 03:05 AM
I just did it, 1 min, 9s and used less than 10 pots.

Mr.Reco
06-22-2013, 03:20 AM
I just did it, 1 min, 9s and used less than 10 pots.

1m with lv31 sorcerer . I did with my skills build lv14 sorcerer watchers tomb in 2m 30 seconds. So I mean your build with takes more time at lv14 rather my build. I did alone too with your skills build and it was even more than 3m 30 seconds.
But I don't say your build is bad, Its just takes more time to kill mobs around and needs more pots.

Cheers!

Valsacar
06-22-2013, 03:32 AM
How exactly did you use my build at level 14? You're missing 17 skill points.

Mr.Reco
06-22-2013, 03:53 AM
How exactly did you use my build at level 14? You're missing 17 skill points.

I used just active skills build.

Your build: fire (1-4), light (just fist), ice (1-3), Time (all).
My build": Gale 4-5 (w/o speed wind) Fire 4-5 (w/o scrotch) Time all and 1 point to Heal

This build is at lv14 sorcerer.

moot
06-22-2013, 05:06 AM
Gale has really specific use & require charging if you don't want to be pushed back. That is soo annoying if you use it in nordr because of the ice patch.
I use fire 4/5, Ice 5/5,Clock 5/5 and heal 2/5
and passive in int, damage and armor..

Like others said, gale has no DOT and has long cooldown so ice and clock is a better choice for sure.
Also if you do hauntlet with me and you scatter enemy in my clock (when the enemy is not ready to die with your gale), I will use my irl skill curse at you lol.

ReMinD
06-22-2013, 08:35 AM
So I stay with my pve skillbuild. fire 4/5 ice 4/5 clock 4/5 shield 4/5 and passive skills because int 5/5 dex 5/5 damage 2/5 Str 2 / 5. the aoe damage with DoTs tickin, it works great. cd time is perfect.

Zealouzs
06-22-2013, 09:01 AM
So I stay with my pve skillbuild. fire 4/5 ice 4/5 clock 4/5 shield 4/5 and passive skills because int 5/5 dex 5/5 damage 2/5 Str 2 / 5. the aoe damage with DoTs tickin, it works great. cd time is perfect.

what skill upgrade you didn't put in your clock?

Valsacar
06-22-2013, 10:34 AM

I'm guessing the first one, originally it was pretty useless but then they made it add damage.

ReMinD
06-23-2013, 06:56 AM

the second. clock explodes.

ryantat
09-02-2013, 09:09 PM
1m with lv31 sorcerer . I did with my skills build lv14 sorcerer watchers tomb in 2m 30 seconds. So I mean your build with takes more time at lv14 rather my build. I did alone too with your skills build and it was even more than 3m 30 seconds.
But I don't say your build is bad, Its just takes more time to kill mobs around and needs more pots.

Cheers!

I bet you can not do this with some warriors run together, even you're lev 31 now :)

level 14 with decent gears is easy to get less than your time, i already do that but with Fire + Time + curse + shield.

But, mobs will be more health if you have some friends :) and you will run slower. It's normal

sherentsoj
09-04-2013, 03:09 AM
I still use fireball, ice, time, and heal. Passive use migth, knowledge, and damage

keikali
09-04-2013, 07:38 AM
I still use fireball, ice, time, and heal. Passive use migth, knowledge, and damage

Damage passive isn't worth it. Better off throwing it into Agility.

bhutkeyur
09-04-2013, 03:05 PM
mine is
fire with knockback(i think its worth it for tanks in elite)
ice
lighting - also stuns boss in nordor
shiled
heal
int
str

this is all purpose pve build
i switch to lighting on boss
swaping all skills as necesaary

i m loving this build

fumolamota
09-04-2013, 04:17 PM
I dispise gale like no other. IMO only scatters mobs. Every scorc I've run with that used gale just knocks mobs out of my time bubble.

4/5 fire - all but hit debuff
3/5 light - 15%dmg + 250%crit dmg
3/5 TS - Root + dot
4/5 ice - all but ice patch
2/5 heal - mana only

5/5 int, str, dex + 4/5 dmg or crit

I use this build to PVE. Swap out time for light on boss battles where boss cannot be rooted, & there are minimal mobs summoned.

Xstarx
09-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks though but sadly, I couldn't get offers from the app they told me to install(again cause I did that on another diff game) and now I can't reset my stats:(
Accidentally increased my Dex instead of Int...

utpal
09-04-2013, 05:13 PM
my build is
fire 5/5
ice 4/5
heal 5/5
shield 4/5
light 3/5
int 5/5
might 5/5
dmg 5/5

and mine is flexibility build.
i hav 2 CC skill bt ok coz i pretty dnt need timeshift as i can just use ice+fire and those who didnt get freeze gets knockdwn and also CDs r only 3s and 4s. enough time for CC. and timeshift skill unpredictable.
i use shield,heal,ice and light on boss.
my build is pretty pot saver build (hp and mana) if used heal frequently as at lvl36 one can heal upto 3k hp and 15-20% mana too every 15s.

Wutzgood
09-04-2013, 05:27 PM
After more respec than I can count this was best for my style of play.

Fire-4/5
Clock-4/5
Ice-5/5
Lightning-3/5

Passives:
Int-5/5
Dex-5/5
Str-5/5
Damage-4/5

Best respec I've used and wont be changing it again. This is strictly for pve play. No gold to be made in pvp so I never do it.

JaytB
09-04-2013, 06:28 PM
I use Gale, fire, ice, time for mob clearing and switch out either Gale or Time at bosses (depending on which boss) for lightning.

Gale is one of the best crowd control skills in game and can help boost survivability long enough to get to safety when needed. The 50% armor is so good that, with top gear, shield becomes obsolete for PvE. Furthermore, Gale coupled with Time is so effective in therms of crowd control that, if used right, you don't even need a tank anymore during elite runs. Then I didn't even mention how much it helps to position mobs inside your Timeshift or a rogues' veil for super effective runs or even talked about the decent AoE dmg it can deal. I have to say though, it took me a while to master it. A bad Gale user is like a scatter bear in Pocket Legends (PL players will know what that means) and can be seriously frustrating to try and run effectively with.

There are some tips and tricks to use gale as effective as possible, for example if you don't want a medium sized group of mobs to move because they're already positioned right, you can use a charged fireball to stun them first before using Gale purely for its damage, without scattering everything around. Fire/pet stuns make the mobs unmovable which can be used to your advantage.

Not that it matters, but since you asked PvE stats earlier... I'm lv36 with around 90k kills and only 300 or so deaths. The main things I do in game is merch and farm elites, with and without tanks. I'm a purely PvE based player and have adopted my build after countless hours of testing and actual runs with feedback from many of my farming friends.

I could write an essay about why I chose the skills that I use but each has their own preference. It's part of the fun finding out what skills work most effectively for you and your regular farming buddies.

Alhuntrazeck
09-04-2013, 09:36 PM
In pve, fire ice clock lightning OR shield/heal (depends whether you want to guzzle pots while having another attack skill) seems best IMO. TBH I don't get gale. It seems like a pretty useless skill except for running across the insanely long elite maps after dying...lol

keikali
09-05-2013, 08:10 AM
I use Gale, fire, ice, time for mob clearing and switch out either Gale or Time at bosses (depending on which boss) for lightning.

Gale is one of the best crowd control skills in game and can help boost survivability long enough to get to safety when needed. The 50% armor is so good that, with top gear, shield becomes obsolete for PvE. Furthermore, Gale coupled with Time is so effective in therms of crowd control that, if used right, you don't even need a tank anymore during elite runs. Then I didn't even mention how much it helps to position mobs inside your Timeshift or a rogues' veil for super effective runs or even talked about the decent AoE dmg it can deal. I have to say though, it took me a while to master it. A bad Gale user is like a scatter bear in Pocket Legends (PL players will know what that means) and can be seriously frustrating to try and run effectively with.

There are some tips and tricks to use gale as effective as possible, for example if you don't want a medium sized group of mobs to move because they're already positioned right, you can use a charged fireball to stun them first before using Gale purely for its damage, without scattering everything around. Fire/pet stuns make the mobs unmovable which can be used to your advantage.

Not that it matters, but since you asked PvE stats earlier... I'm lv36 with around 90k kills and only 300 or so deaths. The main things I do in game is merch and farm elites, with and without tanks. I'm a purely PvE based player and have adopted my build after countless hours of testing and actual runs with feedback from many of my farming friends.

I could write an essay about why I chose the skills that I use but each has their own preference. It's part of the fun finding out what skills work most effectively for you and your regular farming buddies.

Jay is probably the only mage I play with that uses ALL offensive skills and he does a good job at it too.

Like he mentioned its different for everyone, I don't think I could play his skillset as I have my own that I'm use to.

Wutzgood
09-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Gale can be great but for my style of spamming spells it won't work. One finger spamming health potions and the other spamming attacks. Gale would hurt more than help for me. It has to be used in specific situations and I like being able to just blast away.

cindersx
09-08-2013, 07:23 PM

I have tried gale before.. I liked it but it started making some people mad. :P I think I was just using it wrong. As you said it can be used to push some mobs into the timeshift/shadow veil, for me I have never had anything I needed to push into the circle of mobs unless it's those dang mages in wt4. Otherwise, I'm fine because of my ranged attacks. :)

Psykopathic28
09-11-2013, 09:23 AM

This is about the only sensible post. Wind's place in Pve is to replace shield.
I've also stated this part on like a million threads. For all you inexperienced mages, if any1 tells you to use heal for anything other than flagging or being pvp "support" ignore everything else they told you because they are as lost as you :)

sherentsoj
09-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Lol ice and gale for some map very help but acctualy i choose ice cause for elite map it's very working with shield, fire and time so more damage from ice frost them and use time to more hit and fire for stunned them when i charge other skill

Newcomx
09-13-2013, 02:39 AM
Skills: Fire 5, Lightning 5, Frost 5, Heal 5
Passives: Durable 5, Int 5, Crit 5

I take fire and frost not only for attacking but also defense, fire can stun and reduce hit chance. Frost also can stun and freeze.
Lightning for 250% crit damage, and adding crit in my passive i get a lot of multiple lightning when casting it. I prefer arcane shield, but no slot left in the map skills, so i take durable for change. I take 5 heal is for full support.

Use it for PvE.

sherentsoj
09-13-2013, 03:55 AM

I take fire and frost not only for attacking but also defense, fire can stun and reduce hit chance. Frost also can stun and freeze.
Lightning for 250% crit damage, and adding crit in my passive i get a lot of multiple lightning when casting it. I prefer arcane shield, but no slot left in the map skills, so i take durable for change. I take 5 heal is for full support.

Use it for PvE.

Ur build it's work but how about time shift for PvE i was try ur build but sometimes need time when more minnions attacking

fumolamota
09-13-2013, 10:48 AM

Use it for PvE.

Maxing out each skill - fire, light, frost, heal seems to add some redundancies, & by extension, a waste of points.
For example, Fire has a knockdown & reduce hit. Well, what good is the reduced hit if the targets are not attacking b/c they're stunned?
Also, the spread effect on light, imo, is not worth the point. A 15% chance to spread on a kill shot hardly seems worth it. How many kill shots do you get with light? And then reduce that to 15%? The same can be said for frost-ice patch. Charging light is a waste imo.
Last, is durable worth the 5 points? Assuming you have 900 armor before the 5%, the 5 points only add 45 armor. Hardly seems worth it. Str would probably be a better option imo. The same goes for points in Heal for the heal over time & mana over time.

bhutkeyur
09-15-2013, 03:21 AM
Maxing out each skill - fire, light, frost, heal seems to add some redundancies, & by extension, a waste of points.
For example, Fire has a knockdown & reduce hit. Well, what good is the reduced hit if the targets are not attacking b/c they're stunned?
Also, the spread effect on light, imo, is not worth the point. A 15% chance to spread on a kill shot hardly seems worth it. How many kill shots do you get with light? And then reduce that to 15%? The same can be said for frost-ice patch. Charging light is a waste imo.
Last, is durable worth the 5 points? Assuming you have 900 armor before the 5%, the 5 points only add 45 armor. Hardly seems worth it. Str would probably be a better option imo. The same goes for points in Heal for the heal over time & mana over time.
i agree with other things but fireball -25% hit worth for tanks
some mob and many bosses cant be cced

Milan Lame Man
09-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Hello fellow sorcerers,

[Edit: heh it's a text wall but please do read]

let me share a few thoughts I have :)
First, I don't do or plan to do PvP so feel free to instruct me on that.
Also, I don't quite understand how Curse works, or how to use it, more on this below.
Finally, I am just lv 33 playing 5th week so I still learn.

A few general ideas first: I came to believe that having the right skill ready is better than having 5% more damage, so in the end, I chose to get all skills except Curse. Of course I need to consider every skill point very carefully.
Also, the only thing people agree on a perfect Sorcerer build is to go all INT, but I prefer to be still alive to deliver a 2nd hit, so I give like 1/5 of stat points to STR, bypassing DEX. It might change with STR/mythic gear but it has served me well in the past.
Finally, this is a general question but it seems that criticals only do +50% damage so multiplied with a few % for crit, I completely ignore all crit-related stats. To support the +50% hypothesis, it obviously has to be less than the +150% of the lightning.

So let's get to it. There are 3 different situations I find myself in, plus 1 or 2 for PvP.

Crowd mode: screen full of mobs
Fire, Frost, Time, Heal

Mobs mode: a mob here and there
Fire, Frost, Gale, Heal

Boss mode: (not that I can take a boss solo, not even the first Bloodhammer)
Fire, Frost, Lightning, Shield

Now for the points:
Fire: 4/5 a,b,c since the idea above seems correct to me.
Lightning: 2/5 a since I only use it in boss fights who cannot be stunned (never even tried), and I ignore crit.
Gale: 4-5/5 a,c,d as an all-purpose to hit as strong as a fireball, and bail out if surrounded, plus for timed runs. Also not sure about AoE since the Dash seems to do the same but it might be a bug.
Frost: 4/5 a,b,c since the patch is OK but not that much.
Shield: 3/5 a,c since I don't use shield in mobs mode and I bet bosses cannot be thrown around. Also, I use shield as a panic button so there's no time to charge for invulnerability.
Time: 4/5 a,c,d since you want the mobs to be dead by the time the clock expires.
Curse: 0/5 since it seems it only affects 2+2 targets in a limited range. I would love someone to enlighten me on its use.
Heal: 3-5/5 b,d (mana) + c + a great money saver; +100 HP might be not worth it; friends should know to come close to get healed

This leaves 11 points tops, that is 5 for INT, rest for STR, and the remaining point is better spent on skills than passives IMHO.

Now let me answer some comments in advance.
C: I am lv 36 all arcane and you got it completely wrong.
A: Thank you. Please leave.

C: You should go all INT.
A: Please explain how do I remedy the 1hit problem with bosses.

C: The idea of using many skills is wrong.
A: Yep but I really believe the few % I would get is better spent on buying lightning and gale and heal etc.

Any other comments are welcome. Sorry to ask this at the end of free respec but that's why I am asking in the first place.

Milan

Wutzgood
09-15-2013, 05:55 PM
It's not good if you can't solo any bosses at level 36. At level 31 with my build I could solo any boss up to nordr easily with only legendary gear. If health is a problem just wear an armor of will which adds to health for boss fights. You have your stat points too widely distributed in my opinion to be really effective.

Spyce
09-15-2013, 06:19 PM
5/5 Fire
5/5 Lightning
4/5 Time
4/5 Shield

Passives: INT (5/5) STR (5/5) Damage (5/5) Crit (2/5)

Veluthe
09-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Lol guys^^

Im no sorcerer nor do i have one but heres my opinion based on what ive seen and from friends.

Gale is waste except the speed boost which is still minor and requires charge. Dmg and aoe is low. Aoe requires charge too. Charges use more mana usually too. Imo is just fun skill.

Fireball and time are must for all cus best crowd control and dmg. Other two skills id choose ice and heal. Ice has good damage, stuns, dot, etc and heal to save pots and support team

Also i know handful of mages who use 5 skill. The 4 i mention and lightning. They switch out heal for all dmg skills depending on situation, map, etc.

Butterysesh
09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Dont use heal or shield for pve.
Best build is Fire, Time shift, ice, Lightning(or swap for gale)

Milan Lame Man
09-15-2013, 10:00 PM
At level 31 with my build I could solo any boss up to nordr easily with only legendary gear.
Since with frost, clock and some patience you can clear any mobs after all, I can see why giving 15 skill points to STR, DEX, INT is a higher priority than easy cleaning. I guess I should have asked earlier...

Let me ask a different question:
What would you (everybody) suggest for boss-fight optimized sorc? Like Hately (the crab with electric rings), Bloodhammer (strong shotgun), Maneater, Alpha Wolf? (Shuyal is easier IMHO until Inan'Hesh who I haven't beaten yet, and I cannot do elites since I'm only at lv 35 (yep leveled twice today)).

IronMonkey
09-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Since with frost, clock and some patience you can clear any mobs after all, I can see why giving 15 skill points to STR, DEX, INT is a higher priority than easy cleaning. I guess I should have asked earlier...

Let me ask a different question:
What would you (everybody) suggest for boss-fight optimized sorc? Like Hately (the crab with electric rings), Bloodhammer (strong shotgun), Maneater, Alpha Wolf? (Shuyal is easier IMHO until Inan'Hesh who I haven't beaten yet, and I cannot do elites since I'm only at lv 35 (yep leveled twice today)).

Passive points do matter and YES, you can now do elites at lvl 35, good luck.

keikali
09-16-2013, 09:08 AM
My current build is based off of Gaieje's old build thread for the level 31 cap. It worked for me then and it still works for me now in PvE.

I instruct my mage guildies to do the same for PvE and they LOVE it.

Active Skills:
4/5 Fire (No Scorch)
4/5 Ice (No Ice Patch)
4/5 Time (No explode dmg)
3/5 Heal (No radius increase, no mana regen)

Passive Skills:
5/5 Int
5/5 Might
5/5 Crit
5/5 Dex

This build works great for me in ELITE PvE.

Sorcerie
09-16-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm a new player/poster and wanted to expand my knowledge on builds so I'm posting here to see if my build is a decent one.

Okay, so my current build after countless respecs over the weekend has ended up being the following...

Fire 4/5 (first four skills)
Ice 4/5 (first four skill)
Gale 3/5 (first three skills)
Heal 1/5 (because as I have come to understand it, the regen upgrades cause massive aggro attention and the mana boost is not that good)

Passives are...

5/5 Int
5/5 Dex
5/5 Might
5/5 Agility

I chose the following passives because imo it's best to upgrade the basics in order to get a more consistent and balanced toon, and I personally find the speed boost to be a lifesaver against the red circles of bosses as well as catching up to the boss if you die and need to haul *** across the map to help your team again.

Is this a good build?

My K/D ratio is now 23K/650.

Mordir
09-16-2013, 02:56 PM
well ive been playing around for a while now with my sorcecer

Milan i like ur build i also go for many skills but just dont need so much in each skill (IMO)

i more of a pve build
so here's my build and why:

passives:
5/5 int
5/5 dmg
5/5 dex

actives:
fb 3/5 (1,2,4)
arcane sheild 4/5 (1,2,4,5)
ice bolt 2/5 (1,2)
healing 3/5 (1,2,3)
lighting 4/5 (1,2,3,4)
timeshift 4/5 (1,2,4,5)

ive found this build very versatile in pve can always change skills for every unique situation be it boss or mobs or elite and so on
thats my 2 cents after respec weeked :)

keikali
09-16-2013, 03:09 PM
well ive been playing around for a while now with my sorcecer

Milan i like ur build i also go for many skills but just dont need so much in each skill (IMO)

i more of a pve build
so here's my build and why:

passives:
5/5 int
5/5 dmg
5/5 dex

actives:
fb 3/5 (1,2,4)
arcane sheild 4/5 (1,2,4,5)
ice bolt 2/5 (1,2)
healing 3/5 (1,2,3)
lighting 4/5 (1,2,3,4)
timeshift 4/5 (1,2,4,5)

ive found this build very versatile in pve can always change skills for every unique situation be it boss or mobs or elite and so on
thats my 2 cents after respec weeked :)

Holy crap...

Why do you have 6 active skills. I'm sorry but you do not need that many. You are watering down your potential as a Mage.

Even with 5 skills its too much.

xfly2skyx
09-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Holy crap...

Why do you have 6 active skills. I'm sorry but you do not need that many. You are watering down your potential as a Mage.

Even with 5 skills its too much.
Agree, 5 is enough for pve. Im lv 36 with some mythic and run km3 and elite every. Gajele build is still the best if u want to shine at Grand Locked crates hunting or Eggs hunting. So here my build:
- Fire 4/5 (except last upgrade - this upgrade is good but we dont need it all day when we can clear mobs fastly and warriors stronger than before);
- Clock 3/5 (upgrade 4,5 only - Dodge &Death and clock bomb is good but actually we only need root and damage over time from clock);
- Light 4/5 (1,2,3,4 - Our highest damage, I try this many time but I c that light only can shine if ur critical more than 10%, and rain of bolt work efficiently at lv 36 than before);
- Shield 4/5 ( without push back upgrade only - U will contribute nothing to ur team if u die. This skill can help u tank, lure mobs... etc);
That the set skill when i use at km3. Perfect build set when I can finish from 2 - 3 minus with random guys. Ofc u have to spam pots sometimes but pots is cheap now ( if u want save pots i would like to recommend u change light by heal, It works well also)
- Ice: 4/5 (except last upgrade - Must have skill for elite. Ice can frozen mobs, damage over time (work well with critical).
When i run elite, my set skill is : Fire Clock Ice Shield (or light). U can finish Lost mage elite within 3 or 4 minus only. Ofc, remmeber get light at bosses fighting.
Passive: Intel, Might, Damage 5/5 (someone like dex but i myself go for damage and that work well), 1/5 Critical (I ll max it when I have more skill points).
P/S: Dont waste point on durable because I try to run km3 or elite with 1200 armor but mobs still hit very hard. We only need 2700-2800 hp and more than 1000 armor now and enough damage to clear mobs as fast as possible.
That s my 2 cents. Sorry for errors in grammar since E is not my mother tongue

cindersx
09-27-2013, 05:26 PM
My build is the following:

ALL STAT POINTS INTO INTELLECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <----- DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY THIS BUILD!!!!!!!

Fireball 5/5
Time Shift 5/5
Frost Bolt 4/5 (No Arctic Shatter)
Arcane Shield 4/5 (No Displacement Wave)
(Credit goes to Meecah for telling me what skills to use [not the passives though.])

Passives: 5 in Might, Knowledge, and Agility. 2 in Durable. (Only put skill points into durable because I couldn't think of what else I would need. None of them seemed any good).

It's a pretty good build, helps with stunning and crowd control.

Feel free to try this build. It'll help. :congratulatory:

ElfDreamer
11-19-2013, 09:00 AM
I have perfect build for sorerer lv36 two in one (pvE n pvP)
Fire 5/5
Ice 4/5 (No no.5)
Light 4/5 (No no5)
Time shift 4/5 (No no.3)
Life 3/5 ( No no.4,5)
PASSIVE:
Might 5
Agility 5
Knowledge 5
-------------------------
When im in pvp use fire, ice, light, life
When im in pvE minions use fire, ICE, timeshift, life
When im in pvE kill bosses, i change fire, LIGHT, timeshift, ice.
Perfecttttttt..!!!! ^ ^

Nesox
11-19-2013, 11:52 AM
I have perfect build for sorerer lv36 two in one (pvE n pvP)
Fire 5/5
Ice 4/5 (No no.5)
Light 4/5 (No no5)
Time shift 4/5 (No no.3)
Life 3/5 ( No no.4,5)
PASSIVE:
Might 5
Agility 5
Knowledge 5
When im in pvp use fire, ice, light, life
When im in pvE minion use fire, ICE, timeshift, life
When im in pvE kill bosses, i change fire, LIGHT, timeshift, life.
Perfecttttttt..!!!! ^ ^

PvP is pretty short without shield.

Deadroth
11-19-2013, 02:16 PM
PvP is pretty short without shield.

Heal sux on pve. And i agree with that, shield is a MUST on pvp, in pve too..

ElfDreamer
11-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Its Hybrid build, its not only for PvP, But for pvE too. So i think heal must on pve for healing, to save many potion. :p

keikali
11-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Its Hybrid build, its not only for PvP, But for pvE too. So i think heal must on pve for healing, to save many potion. :p

Coming from someone who uses both heal and potions, if your main goal is to save on potions then you have no place in Elites.

Newcomx
11-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Coming from someone who uses both heal and potions, if your main goal is to save on potions then you have no place in Elites.

I use heal mainly for mana reg... use health pot if emergency

Instanthumor
11-21-2013, 10:12 PM
I use heal mainly for mana reg... use health pot if emergency

What is this? Mana regen on Lifegiver?

profsnapes
11-22-2013, 08:43 AM
is this build GOOD for elite? in pvp?