PDA

View Full Version : Kdr Or Kills?

SkullCrusher
06-21-2013, 05:34 PM
What are your guy's thoughts on this new update? I personally think that the "Kills" leaderboards are better considering someone had a kdr of 1100 before they changed it. Thoughts? :)

iluvataris
06-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Kills, unless it was impossible to farm.
Or
Kdr is cool too, just endgamers need to be seperated from twinks.

vholt
06-21-2013, 05:43 PM
I saw someone with a kdr of 1337 *-*

Bless
06-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Kills

thehopeless
06-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Deaths

iluvataris
06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
lmao

Energizeric
06-21-2013, 11:23 PM
How about instead of ratio, Kills minus Deaths (your net difference). That way both time spent and skill are both rewarded.

If you want to count difficulty into the equation (i.e. endgame is more difficult than twink), then each kill should be multiplied by the level of the player that you killed, and turn this into a point system instead.

gundamsone
06-22-2013, 12:01 AM
kills - deaths would favor twinks even more

it should be kills PLUS deaths

Lady_Pebbles
06-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Neither. They are both team based arenas so the focus should be on wins and losses not kdrs.

Energizeric
06-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Neither. They are both team based arenas so the focus should be on wins and losses not kdrs.

How do you define a "loss"? What if the players all leave before the game ends? What if I become disconnected when my team is winning and then they end up losing after I left? What if a player joins the game moments before his team loses? Does he still get a loss?

I think losses are too hard to define, but I think wins are easy to define. If your team either wins by reaching 20 kills or the entire other team leaves the game, then you should get a win. The problem is the game currently does not end when the other team wins because STS assumes that maybe you are trying to kill the troll. So maybe if nobody attacks the troll for a certain period of time and one team is empty then the game should end and award the standing team the victory (just as is the case in CTF)

Lady_Pebbles
06-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Doesn't matter how they implement it as long as its Wins & Losses not kdrs or kills. They could even keep it simple; enter a match, choose a side, if your side wins then all of you get the point. Same if you lose. No penalty if you leave or are disconnected other than not getting anyy points* at all. Thats just* one way of doing it. No need to complicate things. *shrugs*

Edit: Freaken typo lol

gundamsone
06-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Thing is lady endgame games arn't ending.
Usually 1 sides so favored everyone on the other side quits before 20.

And I also noticed games are locked pretty fast so theres no new people entering to join the other side.
Well most the times when they do and see the heavily favored team they don't even bother to join and make an effort.

Low level games are the exact opposite right now.
My l31 has 600 kills and l16 has 400 kills+ so i'm speaking from experience

Lady_Pebbles
06-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Thing is lady endgame games arn't ending.
Usually 1 sides so favored everyone on the other side quits before 20.

And I also noticed games are locked pretty fast so theres no new people entering to join the other side.
Well most the times when they do and see the heavily favored team they don't even bother to join and make an effort.

Low level games are the exact opposite right now.
My l31 has 600 kills and l16 has 400 kills+ so i'm speaking from experience
At endgame, I see a lot of players farming (a loooot). Either kills or flags or both. So many leave and just rejoin with a fixed group to do the same. Had it not been for the kills achievements edging on players for kills and kdrs, this wouldn't be an issue. If it was wins and losses from the start, it would be way better.

They even tried to stop kill farming with the invulnerability shield at spawns in ctF and failed when they added a timer.. so players now just wait for the timers to run out and continue to farm. Its annoying.

Theres just no point in having kdrs or kill scores on an LB for team based arenas. For that, make an arena thats truly FFA.

Edit: And I am also speaking from experience on endgame and play on twinks as well. ;)

thehopeless
06-22-2013, 07:38 AM
At endgame, I see a lot of players farming (a loooot). Either kills or flags or both. So many leave and just rejoin with a fixed group to do the same. Had it not been for the kills achievements edging on players for kills and kdrs, this wouldn't be an issue. If it was wins and losses from the start, it would be way better.

They even tried to stop kill farming with the invulnerability shield at spawns in ctF and failed when they added a timer.. so players now just wait for the timers to run out and continue to farm. Its annoying.

Theres just no point in having kdrs or kill scores on an LB for team based arenas. For that, make an arena thats truly FFA.

Edit: And I am also speaking from experience on endgame and play on twinks as well. ;)

Would love a pure team work FFA that went off of wins and not kills nor deaths. But judging by how long it took to get tdm out, this could be awhile

Energizeric
06-22-2013, 02:42 PM
....No penalty if you leave or are disconnected other than not getting anyy points* at all.

Then nobody will ever get a "loss" since they will all leave before the game ends.

Lady_Pebbles
06-22-2013, 06:13 PM
....No penalty if you leave or are disconnected other than not getting anyy points* at all.

Then nobody will ever get a "loss" since they will all leave before the game ends.
So? I don't get any deaths by leaving PvP matches now so theres no difference there (other* than my kills still counting when i leave oor get DCed). Besides, they'll have to participate in a team based strategy to get any wins on their team so if they leave they won't get any wins either.

Energizeric
06-22-2013, 06:51 PM
So? I don't get any deaths by leaving PvP matches now so theres no difference there (other* than my kills still counting when i leave oor get DCed). Besides, they'll have to participate in a team based strategy to get any wins on their team so if they leave they won't get any wins either.

People will stay as long as their team is ahead. Once their team starts to fall behind, they will leave.

Lady_Pebbles
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Then they lose their chances at a win and will have to start picking their matches more wisely. They already stack up friends and guildies in matches, they can easily do the samething in those scenarios too.

Ihavenokills
06-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Neither!! :highly_amused: