PDA

View Full Version : Wait, the shop is not up yet, right?

cry
10-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Consigment shop.

Gavry
10-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Nope,

in 1.5 I think. However a recent post on the Facebook site makes it look like Consignment shop may not happen and the full blown Auction House be added instead?

John Derks Whats in the 1.5 update?
23 hours ago via Facebook for iPhone
Pocket Legends Auction Haus at the least, plus some other very cool stuff :)

cry
10-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Cool x) Thanks, a post arty made confused me slightly.

Inching
10-17-2010, 08:04 PM
that one was just to F around with Myst and do a Jedi mind trick on him

[Lt] Shiny
10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
sorry, i may seem lik a noob asking this question... but wtf r you guys talking about?

Arterra
10-17-2010, 08:08 PM
AHA! got u... knew i would be able to use it
http://i.imgur.com/b0uFg.jpg

cry
10-17-2010, 08:09 PM
that one was just to F around with Myst and do a Jedi mind trick on him

He targeted the wrong person, worked on me.
Dam jedi.

@[LT] (batchen named) anyways, it will, well now it will be a auction house so FTW.

Futumsh
10-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Different names for the same thing - in 1.5, you can put items up for sale for other players to buy.

Arterra
10-17-2010, 08:49 PM
hmm... but no auctioning? we mean that someone puts a minimum price and people bid up or go the buyout method. not just simple pay or gtfo

Futumsh
10-17-2010, 08:54 PM
No, at least not in 1.5. In my experience most people don't want actual auctions anyway.

Arterra
10-17-2010, 08:55 PM
good point. those people who dont take the time to be on the very minute it sells lose out... casual ftw

Ellyidol
10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Guilds! :D

cry
10-17-2010, 11:19 PM
I Second That.

Gavry
10-17-2010, 11:20 PM
No, at least not in 1.5. In my experience most people don't want actual auctions anyway.

It will be interesting to see. I see a lot of people putting stuff up for sale at an extreme price. At least with an auction the buyers set the price rather than sellers.

By default sellers are greedy, especially PL sellers. I hope there are some good search and compare functions. Ultimately the buyers need all the power to help stabilise prices and get the economy back on track.

It will finally be good to get rid of this:

1. <someone> selling overlord helm of the rift
2. <me> hey <someone> how much you selling it for?
3. <someone> make me an offer
4. I get pissed. If your selling something you should know what you want!
5. <me> ok, how does 5k sound?
6. <someone> dooshbag, your a noob.
7. <someone> continues to spam town with sale messages.

Riccits
10-18-2010, 02:35 AM
i agree, or you know how u want for an item or dont ask for offer when your not lucky with it then..

Trollpackan
10-18-2010, 02:42 AM
It will be interesting to see. I see a lot of people putting stuff up for sale at an extreme price. At least with an auction the buyers set the price rather than sellers.

By default sellers are greedy, especially PL sellers. I hope there are some good search and compare functions. Ultimately the buyers need all the power to help stabilise prices and get the economy back on track.

It will finally be good to get rid of this:

1. <someone> selling overlord help of the rift

But if the price is set to high, no one wants to buy it and they have to lower the price. As long as there's a good search and compare function, as you said, the prices will come down. I think it's better this way than the auction style.

jonboy
10-18-2010, 02:45 AM
My understanding of it is that you place an item for sale at a given price when logged in. To check sales and collect gold from sales, you need to be in game.

DEVS THIS BIT:
now if you can place an item for consignment for a individual player as an option then this will work fine with the forum auctions, as rather then playing when are we both logged in to do the sale, then you can just place the item up for that person for the agreed price.

Also there should be a transaction tax and time periods to choose from like 24hrs, 48hr, 5 days etc.

Vyvin
10-18-2010, 03:12 AM
No way GE
( just thought I'd give it another name)
EDIT: Oh Mm Gee
What is a consignment shop
U login and wander away to the CS
U say hey I'm going to sell my stuff at a preset price that changes as the demand goes higher or lowers.
U wait for like 6 hrs like I do
And say god so long I'm going to leave
Log Out
Next day u login and bam out of no where big letters
You purchase has completed!
Walk away with some pocket change.
/Vyvin
/Vyvin

jonboy
10-18-2010, 03:20 AM
Vyvin, sorry what i meant to say is there will be a transaction tax for the seller. I mean they might not do it, but they might walk in front of a bus as well, just be thankful they don't get the idea that there is a plat cost to placing an item. ;)

Melange
10-18-2010, 05:59 AM
1. <someone> selling overlord helm of the rift

Lol I don't know why people do that sort of thing. Even worse is when they spam you with a trade request, then
Offer
Dont need it
Offer anyway, cheap prices
1k then
What!! This item sells for 50k!
Didn't even want it for 1k really

setec
10-18-2010, 07:31 AM
I just hope it allows you to compare the item you want to buy to the item you are currently wearing.

Arterra
10-18-2010, 08:01 AM
A button on trade window and future house window that switches from backpack to your stat page would he cool.