PDA

View Full Version : Is this a common guild rule ?

Death Dealer
06-22-2013, 12:48 PM
I know that some of you may be tired of my rants on the PvP personalities out there but I have become aware of something new which has me ever so closer to abandoning the game which I have so much to like. I have taken the advice I was given in previous posts when dealing with team stacking and other cowardly tactics used by certain people. I have had an opportunity, after receiving a friend request from one of what I considered the worst offenders and would normally just ignore the request but I am a very curious type and wanted to see what the guild was like. To say that I was shocked by what I learned would be a most gross understatement. I won't name this guild but let me say that the highly honorable Legolas is likely rolling in his grave (if they are buried) at his descendants despicable lack of sportsmanship. A Mr. "soul" is the "Master" of said guild appears to have declared "War" on fair play for the sake of what I cannot figure out. I was told when playing ctf that I was not to kill any of my guild mates to which I replied that if they on the opposing team I have to kill them, that is my job and I do it as best I can. I was then told if I did this repeatedly I would be booted from the guild. I am now having a hard time understanding how I am supposed to play the game in this new fashion and pick a glaring paradox that comes to mind and ask, so, if an opposing team member is heading into his base with the flag I cannot attack him an kill him to stop him from scoring???? To which I get the reply, that if my guild mate is on the opposite team, HE WON'T HAVE THE FLAG!!!! OK now my simple mind cannot grasp what in the heck is going on! So in terms of respect for my guild mate on the opposing team I am not supposed to make a play for the flag apparently. I hope I am not alone in thinking this is totally absurd and insane. Needless to say, I did not last long in the unmentioned guild an left before they had to boot me. Before I left I entered a match an saw that both teams had players from this guild and I thought to myself, I feel sorry for all the other players who have no idea what is going on behind their backs all the while this match is being played out. To me this kind of spoiled little baby behavior is nothing short of blatant cheating an I once again find myself wondering who these people are in real life. Many I assume are spoiled children whose parents have protected them from the reality in life that we don't always win, but surely out of close to 80 members (more in number but lots of alts, an by chance many have the word "punk" in the name, how befitting) there have to be a few adults (using the term loosely) who also partake in this revolting behavior. I guess it could be the parents of said "punk" children who have brought them up to win even if you have to cheat. My final statement is a question to all of you in the know, is this a common rule among guilds, are there many others who follow this pathetic strategy? If, to my dismay it is a common rule I don't know if I will ever be able to look at the PvP aspect of the game the same again.

Castdown
06-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I cant speak for other guilds or players, but I myself if see another guildmate in ctf and I can't join their team I just won't play. I will however join their team no matter the odds if there is a spot available. If when I join their team and it gives a man advantage I will sit and not participate until the opponent has gotten enough ppl for it to be fair. Also its common practice when ppl do this they declare they are out by saying they are sitting. Once the other team has gotten enough players to be fair again you also declare you are now in the match by stating so. Once I'm in a match I will not sit again though. I have no control if your team mates leave early and if they keep leaving I may as well take the man advantage and hope we can end the match quickly so we can start a new one.

If you are a guildmate and join the opposing team and know im playing... well tough luck you know I'm there and you decided to play against me. All guild rules and loyalty is off you are now the enemy until the match is over.

Anyanka
06-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I know of at least one guild that has that rule. Like you, I think its stupid and incredibly unfair for the other players in either team who don't get the help they need because some of their teammates are actually supporting the opposing team. I've even seen teammates open the window on flag carriers on purpose to prevent them from scoring.

Like Casty said, its more usual for guildmates to always join the same team even if that unbalances teams. Good players will 'sit' in that case. Personally I wouldn't care, its a game and I will fight for my team regardless of who's in opposing team.

In level cap, I haven't noticed the situation you describe. It did happen at lvl 26 pvp though. If I noticed it then, and my team was under performing because of it, I would just leave.

Trivia: Once a player from a guild with a rule like that joined my guild and demanded that I create the same rule for my guild. When I refused and explained my reasoning, he just left my guild lol. Good thing too, wouldn't want players like that :p

Sam_Arah
06-22-2013, 09:15 PM
No such rule in my guild ... but personally I know that I wont go against other officers, meaning I wont join other side. Sometimes my own guild members go against me, its annoying, cause I usually help them when they need it ... but we have no rule against killing each other if it so happens to be the case where we have guild mates on opposing sides. When I do see guild members join other side I just take note and see in the future if they continue this pattern.

I wonder which guild has this rule?

Anyanka
06-23-2013, 11:49 AM
No such rule in my guild ... but personally I know that I wont go against other officers, meaning I wont join other side. Sometimes my own guild members go against me, its annoying, cause I usually help them when they need it ... but we have no rule against killing each other if it so happens to be the case where we have guild mates on opposing sides. When I do see guild members join other side I just take note and see in the future if they continue this pattern.

I wonder which guild has this rule?

Why would it be a bad thing for guild mates to join opposite team in a random ctf match? Isnt that kinda restricting? What if no other match is available? They shouldnt play at all?

Debbycakes
06-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Like other people, it's not really a problem when my guildmates are on the enemy team. Usually we play on the same side if slots are open, but we don't mind battling each other (even with spots open). It is actually a friendlier battle that way :D
And we will definitely kill each other if we come in contact XD I know that sounds bad/harsh, but it's the name of the game and it's done in good fun.

Sam_Arah
06-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Why would it be a bad thing for guild mates to join opposite team in a random ctf match? Isnt that kinda restricting? What if no other match is available? They shouldnt play at all?

Re-read my post Anyanka. I never said there was a rule within AOTA against this, it is just my own personal opinion. If any, its restricting MY game play, not others ... as I wont join a match that opposing officer members are on other team. It's not THEY that are restricted, but MYSELF. To each their own, but their is no rule. You can ask any of my officers if you think otherwise.

Etanna
06-24-2013, 12:52 AM
oh this rule ,about dont kill your guild members if they in other team, always was in low lvl pvp guilds.why?because most of them just do kdr on newbies and leave game if see someone dangerouse for their kdr;)

Anyanka
06-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Re-read my post Anyanka. I never said there was a rule within AOTA against this, it is just my own personal opinion. If any, its restricting MY game play, not others ... as I wont join a match that opposing officer members are on other team. It's not THEY that are restricted, but MYSELF. To each their own, but their is no rule. You can ask any of my officers if you think otherwise.

Yeah I got its your personal opinion, you just mentioned something about taking note if someone in your guild keeps joining the opposite team, so I'm asking why YOU consider that to be a bad thing, if your guild members happen to do it, that's all.

Anyway you asked which guild has this rule, the one I know has it is Pinoy Pride.

doomdoomdoom
06-24-2013, 01:56 PM
My guild is not a pvp guild, but we have quite a few pvp players...and we don't have such a rule. Maybe I'm odd but I think some of the most fun games are when a really good friend of mine and I are trying to kill each other. I care much more about having fun than my kdr.

When I pick a side, I do try to pick a side with my guildmates. If they join the opposite side and later end up being outnumbered, I may switch to join them or sit out until more join. But if number of players are equal and you're on the opposite side...I'm going to try to kill you.

Rekful
06-24-2013, 03:08 PM
I completely agree doom. Im GM of a twink pvp guild. We do not have that rule. We try to be on the same team but there are times when its not possible. Some of us do not kill each other due to agreements. I personally dont care if we attack each other or not. Some people do care so I respect how they feel and leave them be.

Rek

Death Dealer
06-24-2013, 03:53 PM
I would like to thank all of for helping me clarify this unsettling situation. While I am pleased to see that all who responded do not use this type of poor sportsmanship in your guilds. I am still a bit bewildered as to why some of you will not join an opposing team if one team has your guild mates on it. I look at this as a game, played to have fun, would it ruin someones fun if a fellow guild mate joined the opposing team? It seems to me as if you do this not out of respect but maybe to avoid hurting someones feelings? I don't know and I am not placing judgement on anyone, I am just stating my thoughts and if I question your motives I do not mean to criticize, I am just very curious by nature. When I join a match I will look at two things before I choose a side, first I look at the score an would never join the team that is winning, if it is an even match I look at the number of players on each team, if one team is down a man or two I will join that team. If score is equal and number of players on each team is equal I will just wait for awhile to see if anyone drops out, if not I will just leave and try to find another match. I never give any consideration to if any of the people I know or any of my guild mates are on one team or another. It is my belief that even if I am playing against friends or G mates that they expect I will try my hardest to kill them or anyone on the opposing team, and I expect they will do the same to me. I am not worried if they would take offence at my aggression, it is how I am and I will apologize to no one for playing a GAME to the best of my ability. I understand that some of you are in a different position than I am in that I am not a GM although I am an officer in my guild (Bloody Immortals). I am just glad to hear that this is not a widespread practice and to Sam_arah I would say if you are serious in wondering the name of the guild that has this ridiculous rule, I did leave many clues, first with reference to the race of Legolas from the Lord of the Rings to all of my quoted words following. It is a very small guild approximately 100 in number but many are alts so would guess at 80 members. It seems many are aware of their less than honorable tactics. One last thing, you are all correct, these are all lower level players, as is my alt, and during matches they continually insult new players, calling them noobs and rub their faces in the fact that they are better players (although how it makes you feel good to beat up on someone who has never played before is beyond me).

Death Dealer
06-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I completely agree doom. Im GM of a twink pvp guild. We do not have that rule. We try to be on the same team but there are times when its not possible. Some of us do not kill each other due to agreements. I personally dont care if we attack each other or not. Some people do care so I respect how they feel and leave them be.

Rek Don't you feel that if you grant one of your guild mates this "respect" that you are doing your own teammates a grave disservice? What if this "respected" guild mate has the flag and is about to score and win the game for the opponent team, are you going to cheat your teammates out of a chance to continue to fight by letting said "respected" guild mate score??? This is the whole point of my original question and you have basically told me your guild (you are the GM and others follow your lead) does the same thing. This "agreement" some of you have is the same thing as having a rule so if it walks like a duck then its a duck. Sorry but I think it is lame and blatant cheating, but to each his own. What did you say the name of your guild is, just so I know what I am up against if I see you in game.

Rekful
06-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Well if they have have the flag its a different story. I tell everyone that doesnt want me to attack them, if you have the flag its fair game. So I even kill my irl girl if she has the flag on the other team. ^.^

Rek

Rekful
06-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Also, when I do face other guildies that do not have a "peace treaty", we are having so much fun going back and forth with kills on each other, I dont think there is a problem.
Im big on letting people play this game the way they want as long as they're having fun.

Rek

Death Dealer
06-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Not having a "peace treaty" an having fun killing each other is, as far as I'm concerned is what this game is about. I am with you 100% there, but giving in to people who don't want their kdr hurt an then not killing them in a match goes against the spirit of fair play in my feeble mind. I may be old an alone in thinking this way but I am the product of my upbringing and I think if people can't handle being killed by friends or guild mates then they should stay out of the arena. I just find it hard to comprehend why there has to be agreements, rules, treaties to spare some people from the reality of when playing a game like this you cannot expect or feel as though u must spare some people the terrible fate of having their friend or guild mate actually kill them. I will never be convinced this is an appropriate way to play this game and although I cannot do anything about what everyone does, I can still try to make my point in hopes of swaying someone's thought's on the matter. That in itself is a victory seed planted in the name of fair play. I am done, no more from me on this subject, I have said my piece.

Rekful
06-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Amen!

Rek

TTen C-Ring
06-26-2013, 05:43 AM
Short n true answer from my opinion..i don't give a dam if there is guild mate or friends..in pvp means pvp..u kill or die..dont worry abt guildmates..if they r on same team then help them, if they r on enemy tht means u hav to fight..if they boot u, there r lots of other guilds to join..or make ur own one..so no worries D.Dealer..just play n hav fun..

Sans
11-27-2013, 10:22 PM
I agree with Death Dealer.
There are several low level guilds exhibiting this behavior to boost their kd. They join both teams on purpose often. Although the guild to which Death Dealer was referring is by and large the worst of the bunch.
It is frustrating, you have to gauge your own team to figure out who is with you even. Often (in low level) your teammates are not really your teammates. I have been in games where I was alone being farmed, with players on my team...but until you realize that they are having tea in the enemies base while people take turns killing you....well....sucker born every minute and I guess I am one too.
Here is the part that bugs me.
This same behaviour is a large part of the reason that the game does not get updated.
Updates happen to games that make money.
In any game, very few people actually spend money, some money comes in from sponsors perhaps (deals with some of the plat sponsor companies), but these companies pay on a headcount basis.
So while polishing kd, in low level debauchery and poor sportsmanship and shouting 'Noob!!" to other players might seem fun...it also eliminates a good portion of new players who stay.
I understand that you are bored with a game that has received no updates, I am too, but rest assured that this kind of ruination of new players first experiences will guarantee that they don't come back and will guarantee that we all wait even longer for a decent update.
I read a lot of people saying that sts doesn't care about it's older games and gamers, I think that is probably true. Because we don't make them any money. New players will do that, stop scaring them all away, embraces the "noobs", they are our salvation.

shakeb
12-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Damn

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk

Dienoobs
12-10-2013, 12:52 AM
lol I'm in Satan's Cheerleaders with doomdoom, who is probably my best friend in game. Me and doom have ripped each other apart in pvp, we both understand the meaning of "player versus player" as it's plain and simple. Kill or be killed. Yes I help guildies when they need it, but many times I'll purposefully go against them for the fun of playing a friend. If anyone has a problem with that they can suck my vipers.

doomdoomdoom
12-11-2013, 05:57 PM
lol I'm in Satan's Cheerleaders with doomdoom, who is probably my best friend in game. Me and doom have ripped each other apart in pvp, we both understand the meaning of "player versus player" as it's plain and simple. Kill or be killed. Yes I help guildies when they need it, but many times I'll purposefully go against them for the fun of playing a friend. If anyone has a problem with that they can suck my vipers.

lol...I love you too die....even when you kill me ^_^

MightyMicah
12-12-2013, 12:05 AM
I guess I'm one of these, "punks" you're talking about. The way I see it, it's just simple Guild Strategy. Seems pretty smart to me. Maybe you should wake up and realize that you can't always win at everything. Life is life.

Contravention
12-14-2013, 08:41 PM
don't pull off playing against you own toons to lvl up your kdr because that's what most low levels do to male themselves look good and then be bragging about howw good their kdr is

hellprince
12-20-2013, 10:28 AM
ignorant is a way to describes you pretty well mate. In a guild you need rules and order,not chaos if your fello guild members start helping enemies to kill you what will happen then ? when members of the guild start complaining about one another and leaving because of it , what will you do then ? unless the members of the guild are best mates, and understand this game is for fun and don't take it seriously this rule needs to be done.You cant build a guild on chaos mate best of luck to you ^_^

MightyMicah
12-20-2013, 10:31 AM
ignorant is a way to describes you pretty well mate. In a guild you need rules and order,not chaos if your fello guild members start helping enemies to kill you what will happen then ? when members of the guild start complaining about one another and leaving because of it , what will you do then ? unless the members of the guild are best mates, and understand this game is for fun and don't take it seriously this rule needs to be done.You cant build a guild on chaos mate best of luck to you ^_^

Agreed. It sounds like you have tried to build a guild before, as have I. It's harder than some people realize.

hellprince
12-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Agreed. It sounds like you have tried to build a guild before, as have I. It's harder than some people realize.

you stand corrected mate i have tried building a guild and fortunately succeeded its still standing till now and dominating thanks to that rule my guild is eternal nightmare ^_^,also i agree with you some people really don't know how hard it is that's why they complain