PDA

View Full Version : A Warning to new players

Nihiliste
06-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Hello,

I decided to put this in the "New Player" section of the forums because I'm pretty sure the older players are aware and are smarter than falling for these types of scams.

There is a player roaming through Alterra advertising a false website that will "give" you 800 plat for FREE. This is NOT TRUE, what this player is doing is waiting for newer players to take the bait, enter their email in the website and bam, your account gets stolen just like that. I have seen this player on multiple character's which hints this player is stealing accounts daily. For example, I saw a L51 Bear wearing Hate Armor, a Winter Festival Candle and a Crimson Holo Shield, then he was on a L60 Bear wearing Mystery Armor and L60 Nuri's gear (like a newer player would do). I've already sent emails to support about this and this is just a warning to newer players.

Zeus
06-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Good on you, Kevin!

Way to warn the newer players, dude. :)

Nihiliste
06-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Good on you, Kevin!

Way to warn the newer players, dude. :)

Thanks, Parth.

Reunegade
06-22-2013, 02:17 PM
I talked to a person who did this (let's say that person is X), X made a website and paid people in game to post on his website. A very well forumer, Elyseon, took the bait and entered his username and password. X went on to his account,and stole 45 million gold worth of items. I talked to X today, and this is how our conversation went:

Me: Hey X, where did you get the demonic dagger set?
X: I bought it
Me: From whom?
X: CS
Me: Why would you buy it in the cs when you could get a discount buying it as a set? Wouldn't you want to make a profit?
X: I don't want to make a profit

Lawl.

ThePvpTwink
06-22-2013, 02:35 PM
There was also paying for advertisement. The website person says "paying for advertising. 200k per hour!" and sure enough someone fell for it and started advertising for them and farming reports...

Jig
06-22-2013, 07:45 PM
I talked to a person who did this (let's say that person is X), X made a website and paid people in game to post on his website. A very well forumer, Elyseon, took the bait and entered his username and password. X went on to his account,and stole 45 million gold worth of items. I talked to X today, and this is how our conversation went:

Me: Hey X, where did you get the demonic dagger set?
X: I bought it
Me: From whom?
X: CS
Me: Why would you buy it in the cs when you could get a discount buying it as a set? Wouldn't you want to make a profit?
X: I don't want to make a profit

Lawl.

Did ely actually fall for it or was it an example? 45m...

Sryyoulose
06-22-2013, 07:49 PM
He fell for it... :(

Jig
06-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Geez youd think even if you would do it you'd take your gold and sets out? :3 besides that screwed that, that sucks badly.. Did he get his acc back? Or even his gold?

Sryyoulose
06-22-2013, 07:58 PM
I really don't know details.

Reunegade
06-22-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm afraid not.

Jig
06-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Damn...

DocDoBig
06-23-2013, 02:36 AM
Wasn't it a Website which was a copy of the forums or so (Zombie's Website).
There was a thread in PL's Market about it, I just googled that website but It wasn't available anymore.

Wendellism
06-23-2013, 04:19 AM
Too late. Someone got scammed by that same website.

Jig
06-23-2013, 05:14 AM
Who believes that crap!! Hack it yourself or get hacked... 0.01% chance of not getting banned so Um.. Yeah just play the game.

Wendellism
06-23-2013, 05:25 AM
Who believes that crap!! Hack it yourself or get hacked... 0.01% chance of not getting banned so Um.. Yeah just play the game.

I'll take dat Zero Point One chance of hax plox

Nihiliste
06-23-2013, 06:52 AM
The website Zombie was advertising was different from this one. They all serve the same purpose though, to steal your account.

Wendellism
06-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Only trust Two websites.

The game
The forums

Anything else is redundant and full of credibility issues.

Rot
06-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Hello,

I decided to put this in the "New Player" section of the forums because I'm pretty sure the older players are aware and are smarter than falling for these types of scams.

There is a player roaming through Alterra advertising a false website that will "give" you 800 plat for FREE. This is NOT TRUE, what this player is doing is waiting for newer players to take the bait, enter their email in the website and bam, your account gets stolen just like that. I have seen this player on multiple character's which hints this player is stealing accounts daily. For example, I saw a L51 Bear wearing Hate Armor, a Winter Festival Candle and a Crimson Holo Shield, then he was on a L60 Bear wearing Mystery Armor and L60 Nuri's gear (like a newer player would do). I've already sent emails to support about this and this is just a warning to newer players.

I saw that guy with Hate Armor and Crimson Holoshield.
Blisterbolt!

Jig
06-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Only trust Two websites.

The game
The forums

Anything else is redundant and full of credibility issues.

Lol yep same to me

Wendellism
06-23-2013, 09:52 AM
I saw that guy with Hate Armor and Crimson Holoshield.
Blisterbolt!

Report, mute and move on. This scammer was actually Crankybearsm, he created a website and started to advertise last year. Delphina locked that thread, telling us to report and that she will include this issue to the meeting.