PDA

View Full Version : Dex Warriors

TheMadTanker
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
So far, I have played as a str and dex warrior. I am level 26. The str and dex gear are roughly equivalent. I pot more as str by far. About 40 or more a run, versus dex's 15.

The reason is as a dex tank, I move more because i wear talons. Avoiding more damage by simply not standing still and using knockback, than any skill gives. I now have actually dropped defensive skills like evade until later levels.

I'm 100% dex, as I've read many places dex easily ='s more stats per point. Talons I found are as early as L14. Wing at 17. Thrown+wing will generally also give you more stats than any 1 bow or cross, and daggers require face to face in middle armor class, you will take big hits that way. So talon+wing it. (my 47 mage uses the same)

"The kite turn" (for melee bosses)
Run. Away. The boss will follow and you will stick to the wall. When stomp is ready, reverse direction (really an arcing U-turn) and stomp as the boss passes you. This will send him flying away and you don't have to drag the boss a mile back in the level.

"The sling shot" (for ranged bosses)
This uses both stomp and becon. First becon the boss and run towards it. As it passes you, time your stomp so that stomp over laps becons pull, and hits in the same direction. If done right, they will combine! This will launch even ranged bosses FAR out of range of you, giving dps time to burn the boss, and you less time taking heavy ranged damage.

"Pull like a pro"
Let's assume we have a nice fully packed room we are going to pull.

First, charge in whether your team is ready or not, because your a dex warr and you don't need any help.

Second, personally I have taunt and becon, let's taunt. This will start making all the mobs run towards you.

Third, shout for Debuff.

Fourth, stomp and move away while stomp cools.

Fith, becon. You will now yank all those mobs right back to you.

Finally Stomp again.

Repeat until dead or use other skills. Prioratize your auto attack focus before pulling, mark the casters first, they heal, then special mobs or ranged mobs. Melee mobs do not matter and will be aoe'd and will be tossed around the screen like bouncy balls. Ranged and casters can still attack while this happens.

"Final note"
I've personally found I can tank everything and hold aggro with only auto attack, stomp and the 2 taunts.Anything else is just extra dps and so far not required for "tanking" just dps. Judging by my mages survivability at 47, neither is the defensive skills. Warriors get better armor modifiers than mages, and the Mage rarely needs heal. I can't see the warrior taking hits "worse" than a Mage so save these till later levels.

TheLaw
10-17-2010, 10:18 PM
DexBears suck at Level50 now, in fact, most Hybrids suck.

KingFu
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM
DexBears suck at Level50 now, in fact, most Hybrids suck.

Nah, that's not true. If you're referring to pvp, then thats not really accurate. IMO, some specs are made for pvp, and some for pve. At the moment, archers and mages, mainly archers, will dominate in pvp, since that have the skill advantage, and the strong weapons and void pieces. A well built dex bear is actually quite good, take it from someone that leveled a dex bear, and played as one for a while. Although I've had little AO3 experiences with a dex bear, its still a nice spec and with the newer dex weapons being fairly overpowered IMO, they aren't half bad, and the funnest spec IMO.

TheLaw
10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Nah, that's not true. If you're referring to pvp, then thats not really accurate. IMO, some specs are made for pvp, and some for pve. At the moment, archers and mages, mainly archers, will dominate in pvp, since that have the skill advantage, and the strong weapons and void pieces. A well built dex bear is actually quite good, take it from someone that leveled a dex bear, and played as one for a while. Although I've had little AO3 experiences with a dex bear, its still a nice spec and with the newer dex weapons being fairly overpowered IMO, they aren't half bad, and the funnest spec IMO.

I dont see why DexBear is any better than a IntBear IMO, void pieces are OVERPRICED and not that awesome stats. I've played the DexBear for some time, and i can still Pwn Pure Dex Birds in PvP with my IntBear, but I die with my DexBear.

KingFu
10-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I dont see why DexBear is any better than a IntBear IMO, void pieces are OVERPRICED and not that awesome stats. I've played the DexBear for some time, and i can still Pwn Pure Dex Birds in PvP with my IntBear, but I die with my DexBear.

Void isn't overpriced, not anymore than other gear, it's a little more, but just because people farm less for it. Dex bear is great for the high dps, nice damage, nice armor, nice health pool, and of course the high hit%. Int bear is pretty good too, but I prefer dex bear. Int bear has higher mana, M/S, and can perform the combo "Terror" yes, but they also have lower hit%, dps, armor, and just over all, I prefer dex bear. They are a good spec, and they may not be a pvp spec, but still nice and fun to play. Also, Law, can you kill a well built archer in pvp with your tank even? They are overpowered ATM, and have by far the best gear (void). Also, I noticed you said void doesn't have that great of stats? IMO, they are the most suitable for the class.

TheLaw
10-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I am not sure if i can kill birds like Thelonearcher, but I sure can kill em with Full Cosmos. I know Void aint overpriced to you cause you have like over 1-3mil. Think of us who are broke and have no money, you'll get what I mean. But DexBears cant tank, while IntBears still can.

KingFu
10-17-2010, 10:41 PM
The right build dex bear can tank. I do see what you mean about void though, it's the least farmed making it the priciest.

TheLaw
10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
I thought DexBears are supposed to put all points into Dex? Thats not what i particularly meant, with all the money I have now, I can barely afford the Power Armor.

smoae
10-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Pures ftw.
If you went to warrior land you wouldn't see them holding bows
If you went to archer land you wouldn't see them holding staffs
If you went to Mage land you wouldn't see them holding swords

It's just not right

KingFu
10-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I thought DexBears are supposed to put all points into Dex? Thats not what i particularly meant, with all the money I have now, I can barely afford the Power Armor.

All in dex, or 158 dex, rest in str, and int bear has many different types of build dude:)

smoae
10-17-2010, 11:57 PM
You guys are all silly.
Show me one bird that can cast magic spells
Show me one bear that can operate a bow
Show me one elf that can master a sword

CAN'T HUH??????????????

TheLaw
10-18-2010, 09:02 PM
You guys are all silly.
Show me one bird that can cast magic spells
Show me one bear that can operate a bow
Show me one elf that can master a sword

CAN'T HUH??????????????

Nothings impossible mate.

1. Ralve / Angeluscustus(no idea how to spell his name :/ )
2. Banned is the guy
3. xDeadwizx is by far my favourite Paladin(:

smoae
10-18-2010, 09:15 PM

2. Banned is the guy

i meant in real life! not pocket legends where everyone makes fake unrealistic hybrid characters!!!

BeardedBear
10-19-2010, 07:55 AM
i meant in real life! not pocket legends where everyone makes fake unrealistic hybrid characters!!!

Birds don't shoot bows in real life - they fly around and poop on things.
Bears don't carry swords in real life - they walk on all fours and maw people.
Enchantress don't even exist.

cry
10-19-2010, 12:53 PM

2. Banned is the guy

Wrong!... x)

1. I agree, but there not great pvp'ers.
2. Teven (Ajeje now!...) best pvp'er bow bear ever stepped up, banned, but he uses a shiv x)
3. Ladylove, or loveyjulie, even though there enchantresses now.

Anyways, bears do carry swords, who has not read red wall? Meh.

smoae
10-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Birds don't shoot bows in real life - they fly around and poop on things.
Bears don't carry swords in real life - they walk on all fours and maw people.
Enchantress don't even exist.

If you think that you obviously haven't lived...

BeardedBear
10-20-2010, 07:40 AM
If you think that you obviously haven't lived...

Well, perhaps with the help of some hallucinogens.

smoae
10-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Well, perhaps with the help of some hallucinogens.

how'd you know.....