PDA

View Full Version : Verdict of Spawning in CTF

Whirlzap
06-23-2013, 11:33 PM
What's the official verdict of spawning in CTF?
Is it reportable? Does it violate the clause of "ruining a player's experience"?

Reason being is that through leveling an alt from level 1 to endgame again, I noticed quite a lot of CTF spawners.
Although trying to ease the spawning and explain that it is not ethical worked sometimes, in other cases, blatant and infuriating responses followed with no cessation.

I know that Samhayne confirmed rushing as allowed, but has any Dev commented on actions regarding spawning?
In those more disturbing cases, screenshots were taken just in case, and I'm fine with uploading them to Support if it turns out Spawning is against ToS.

Caiahar
06-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Ive heard Sam say about rushing, but not about spawning.
And yep, if you try to reason with spawners who spawn you, then usually reply "stfu" or countless rages and swearin and cussin and those other stuff.

Waug
06-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Spwners are lame, and they have to face quite lame game, if the rage-ers stop getting spwned. what's the benefit if you cleared the spwn area and get booted.

So thing is quite clear, regarding those spwners then boot-ers, recently appeared in endgame, just stop joining their ctf game, they'll be waiting whole day, and then quit when bored.

I don't think its offensive, if it is then they were banned already, so many peoples reported em.

NotYoCookiez
06-24-2013, 03:57 AM
Objection!

Spawnering is allowed! Rushing has been ruled a good to go and if you don't like it a devs said to go to a different game. Why should this be any different the ctf? If you don't like it go to a different game, simple as that.

Wendellism
06-24-2013, 04:32 AM
I made a discussion regarding those spawners from way back;
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?96649-Spawn-Killing-in-CTF

I'm sure spawning is bannable hopefully, as I believe many players hate to get spawned and stuff.

NotYoCookiez
06-24-2013, 05:27 AM
Why should it be bannable? People always use the excuse of "ruining a players experience". Like seriously there are many things that can ruin a players experience for easy reasons.

Reunegade
06-24-2013, 05:51 AM
IMO, if booting before boss is bannable, then spawning is too.

Jig
06-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Guys they don't care honestly, I did double o this I took 5 pics of the same person 1. He spawned me I took two pics, 2. I have 3 pictures or FULL swearing at me f word trash or that every sentence, I mailed to sts and wtf the guy still continues to play AND make games in Ctf sets his team on a 3 team then wait for people to join, he boots the tough makes it 3v1, and spawns spawns spawns all day everyday. I don't understand..

Waug
06-24-2013, 05:54 AM
I'm thinking if 'Az........' would listen to this, what he would say -

'wow Trash forumers' 'f*** mages, birds and bears' ->so cute

Jig
06-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Yep.. Who thinks this guy deserve a perm ban honestly I do I know shouldn't talk about this. Probably against tos

Wendellism
06-24-2013, 06:30 AM
Ignore the spawner's rooms. Sooner or later they will get bored, and they will try to make amends, yet nobody will like them anymore.

CrimsonTider
06-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Rushing and spawning are two completely separate issues.

When being rushed in a PvP map, you are (mos of the time) spawned away from a rusher/opponent to give you time to buff. When spawning occurs, there is usually zero chance (especially for newer players) to get up and fight unless you have friends to back you or a high level toon to come back with. I have noticed here lately when a group of spawners are in a game, they usually have friends on the opposing team to make it difficult for the person being spawned to receive any help.

Because of this, it IS against ToS. Yes, you can leave, make your own game, etc., but, it is highly frustrating for newer players who don't understand and teaches them to begin to accept this as "normal" and we have generations of spawners coming into this game. If you do not like that explanation, then let's use this twist: It is the same as grieving and if they are banning players in other games for farming kills to get on leaderboards, then they should in this case as well because that is what people are doing. People who spawn are rude, vulgar, and will usually hunt players to other maps just to be a pain in the butt.

Not needed and I report each and every one of them.

Jig
06-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Rushing and spawning are two completely separate issues.

When being rushed in a PvP map, you are (mos of the time) spawned away from a rusher/opponent to give you time to buff. When spawning occurs, there is usually zero chance (especially for newer players) to get up and fight unless you have friends to back you or a high level toon to come back with. I have noticed here lately when a group of spawners are in a game, they usually have friends on the opposing team to make it difficult for the person being spawned to receive any help.

Because of this, it IS against ToS. Yes, you can leave, make your own game, etc., but, it is highly frustrating for newer players who don't understand and teaches them to begin to accept this as "normal" and we have generations of spawners coming into this game. If you do not like that explanation, then let's use this twist: It is the same as grieving and if they are banning players in other games for farming kills to get on leaderboards, then they should in this case as well because that is what people are doing. People who spawn are rude, vulgar, and will usually hunt players to other maps just to be a pain in the butt.

Not needed and I report each and every one of them.

Good on ya Crim.. At least I'm not alone about this.. I don't exactly mind rushing because its meant to be but spawning yes it's a total different thing, why should I have to Lear the game because there just 3 nitwits a bird another or a bear doesn't matter one skill your instantly dead plus the lag when you click respawn. It will be fixed hopefully when they implement Spawn shields.. At least to give a 10 second chance

Cheenivie
06-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Oh dear cookiez its a completly different story crim summed it all up there but rlly? is tht why whenever im twinking you spawning ppl then i see u in endgame and i ask why were you spawning me you answer oops didnt know it was you...and then the nxt thing I know im in a twink game and use spawning me...

Sryyoulose
06-24-2013, 08:09 AM
I hate people when we are doing FFA, then they get mad because we are winning. 2 of them rush towards the "flag room" but take a left instead. They wait for the remaining player to kill us then begin spawning. Usually this only works a couple times (Cuz the the nubs) but it is really frustrating... To the point where I use my char"Sickofspawner" to spawn them back...

Caiahar
06-24-2013, 09:07 AM
I remember on 32...I called FFA (equal team) and we went to fight. Went on good, BUT, eventually they came into spawn, and started spawning us.
When I asked why they were, they replied "Spawning is kinda like FFA..."
IMO, Spawning is nothing compared to FFA.
FFA means Free For All, so everyone gets to fight, but in spawn, you cant even buff if they go on. How is it Free For All when "All" cant even fight?
The person who replied it to me, he was maybe new, and someone taught him that, and new people tend to learn that especially in Low Level pvp.
As crim says above, it causes new generation of spawners.

Nihiliste
06-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Guys they don't care honestly, I did double o this I took 5 pics of the same person 1. He spawned me I took two pics, 2. I have 3 pictures or FULL swearing at me f word trash or that every sentence, I mailed to sts and wtf the guy still continues to play AND make games in Ctf sets his team on a 3 team then wait for people to join, he boots the tough makes it 3v1, and spawns spawns spawns all day everyday. I don't understand..

Azichiabed?

Jig
06-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Azichiabed?

Yep

Whirlzap
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the input. Going to request a thread lock before anything gets out of hand.