PDA

View Full Version : "untradeable weapons"

mkatzpp
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
i was just trading with distincthood and apparently while trying to show each other unique weapons we each have something labeled "untradeable."

what in the world does that mean? ultra-rare or just not in print anymore or something. can someone or a moderator clear that up please?

Azrael
04-29-2010, 12:17 PM
No idea. Since when was their unique equipment in the game to begin with? Pink is legendary, purple is epic... etc.

Samhayne
04-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi Mkatzpp,

I moved your thread to the bugs / tech section since that was more appropriate for it.

Question - do you know the name of the item, or was it named "untradeable"?

mkatzpp
04-29-2010, 12:26 PM
i didn't know it WAS a bug, but ok.

so...when i click on a character in the towns and click on the weapon (which is properly titled. in this case 'killer's flaming battle crossbow') the area that normally says 'give' now says 'this item cant be traded'

guess i could just do this...

http://i42.tinypic.com/14llugn.jpg

Splurd
04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
ah... this is because it is a item from the iTunes/plat store.

Did you buy it or find it?

Samhayne
04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the pic and the extra info, that's very helpful.

I'll see if someone else on the team has more info for you.

Splurd
04-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the pic and the extra info, that's very helpful.

I'll see if someone else on the team has more info for you.

off topic
Hey, arnt you the forum admin guy who was off having fun in japan whilst we were grumbling about forum siggies and avatars? =p
Welcome back

mkatzpp
04-29-2010, 01:04 PM
i did not buy it. i've never purchased anything but potions so i'm 100% certain it was a drop.

plus i dont have any character but a mage so i wouldn't buy a dex weapon.

i did just look it up and it is available to buy so i'm annoyed by that.

smokester
04-29-2010, 01:07 PM
i remember peyton was trying to trade me the item last night... but peyton said it can't be traded popped up so i was not able to get it... i wanted that crossbow so bad and i still do lol

Justg
04-29-2010, 01:45 PM
off topic
Hey, arnt you the forum admin guy who was off having fun in japan whilst we were grumbling about forum siggies and avatars? =p
Welcome back

*points* Yeah! That's him!

Distinct
04-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Yep. I was trying to show him the stats on my Elf Guard's Blade of Darkness by giving it to him, but it could not be traded.

This item is sold via iTunes, but I got it as a drop in The Lost Expedition.

smokester
05-03-2010, 05:22 PM
so is this going to be fixed in the next update or what? i didn't see any more feedback from the devs except they'll get more info on it... i would like for this to be fixed because i'm trying to do a trade with someone but the item i want is untradeable right now

Hurs
05-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't think that it needs to be "fixed". It was a bug that caused the items to drop in the Lost Expedition and now they can only be bought via the iTunes store. Spacetime doesn't want people to be receiving items that cost money for free via trades.

smokester
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
well the people who have these "bugged" items want to trade for something else... it should be their right to trade it if they want even if they bought it from itunes... and once bought its been paid for... i think a player should be able to do whatever he/she pleases with their items

asommers
05-03-2010, 08:58 PM
We don't allow trade of iTunes items. If the item was dropped accidentally as loot, consider yourself lucky that you didn't have to pay for it. If you purchased the item from iTunes and don't want it anymore, then you can always sell it.

-ALS

laquint
07-22-2010, 04:10 PM
This is because he has the item equipted...

Royce
07-22-2010, 04:23 PM
This is because he has the item equipted...

Nope. It's actually what the dev said believe it or not. You can't trade plat items, even the ones that mistakenly were received by players as drops.

laquint
07-22-2010, 04:44 PM
No... I must be glitched because i can sale platnium items..

Royce
07-22-2010, 04:47 PM
No... I must be glitched because i can sale platnium items..

No you can't. You can sell, as in liquidate, or vendor, them, but you cannot sell or trade them to another player.

laquint
07-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I can name a item and name your price and i will sell it to you in-game.

Royce
07-22-2010, 05:01 PM
I can name a item and name your price and i will sell it to you in-game.

All you need to do is post a screenshot of any plat store item in the trade window with the button that says "add" at the bottom, but you won't because it's impossible :P