PDA

View Full Version : Is the Sorcerer allowed to be called a healer and Should he be buffed?

Notclassbound
06-24-2013, 08:27 AM
After some observation i am getting more and more convinced that the mage's only real purpose is PVE mob AOE damage.

Hear me out please.

Healing --- i'm sorry but against mobs, good warriors and rogues dont need healing and in boss fights a sorcerer needs to get too close to the players that you run into the boss's range of fire which totally defeats the purpose

PVP --- it seems that even the slightest scent of PVE in your build destroyes any chance of PVP success

PVE bosses --- you seem to spend more time avoiding damage than dealing damage

In my opinion:
- make the sorcerer a REAL healer --- or
- make the sorcerer a party buff class --- or
- give them better pvp skills

If PVE mob AOE damge is all the sorcerer has to offer than i think i wont be playing him for long.

My number one choice --- make the sorcerer feel like you are the Priest/Shaman in WoW that buffs, protects, heals and revives everyone...not just a AOE boytoy that a Tank can bring along for his amusement.

Would love your views on this and Sorcerer fans out there...please do rage. Maybe you can convince me otherwise.

keikali
06-24-2013, 08:43 AM
1) Mages aren't the only classes that can heal. Warriors have HoR, Rogues have Medic Packs. Then again OUR heal is the best for a quick life/mana replenishment.

2) Read what you just wrote. There is a reason why a build is geared towards PvE. You said it yourself PvE. We have good enough PvP skills as in. Shield? Fire for stun? Lightning crits? Ice for slow? And it seems some mages are playing with Curse too.

3) I don't know about you but my PvE Mage does damage when at a boss fight. I literally light him up to pull aggro. And if I get hit, I throw a quick heal or I pot if heal is on cooldown.

A warrior and mage team is unstoppable when it comes to clearing trash mobs. You have a tank and you light them up. Each class helps each other, no one is a boytoy.

Stop comparing WoW to AL. If you like WoW go back to WoW.

Sorry for being blunt, but its the truth.

Notclassbound
06-24-2013, 08:53 AM
This are the kind of reactions i need to start loving my mage again.

Thanks

vholt
06-24-2013, 09:42 AM
1) Mages aren't the only classes that can heal. Warriors have HoR, Rogues have Medic Packs. Then again OUR heal is the best for a quick life/mana replenishment.

2) Read what you just wrote. There is a reason why a build is geared towards PvE. You said it yourself PvE. We have good enough PvP skills as in. Shield? Fire for stun? Lightning crits? Ice for slow? And it seems some mages are playing with Curse too.

3) I don't know about you but my PvE Mage does damage when at a boss fight. I literally light him up to pull aggro. And if I get hit, I throw a quick heal or I pot if heal is on cooldown.

A warrior and mage team is unstoppable when it comes to clearing trash mobs. You have a tank and you light them up. Each class helps each other, no one is a boytoy.

Stop comparing WoW to AL. If you like WoW go back to WoW.

Sorry for being blunt, but its the truth.

I actually kinda agree..

Mages are king of PvE because of AoE and Crowd Control.. So they should stay that way, thats their niche.

If there should be a support class, it should be a new class all together

Cero
06-24-2013, 01:47 PM
This are the kind of reactions i need to start loving my mage again.

Thanks

Dont give up, sure mages die alot but it is still the funnest class to play.

Notclassbound
06-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Dont give up, sure mages die alot but it is still the funnest class to play.

Figured out what was wrong...

Finally found myself a gun and it seems...bosses die :) FAST

Peace to all my fellow mages rocking the sticks and staffs, but this one is going for the Blunderbuffs XD

Valsacar
06-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Yes, it seems you had two things wrong. First, we're about crowd control, not just AoE damage but controlling them while they're still alive. There's a reason I was able to solo some elite maps (with 0 deaths) when rogues and warriors could not. I rarely got hit, stun/ice/time keep the mobs away (except those bastards with guns).

Second, you mistook dps for being important. DPS is a useless stat, it tells how much damage you do, per second, with your WEAPON. Our damage comes from our skills, Damage is the stat you want to pay attention to for that reason. Damage raises your skill damage, as well as your weapon damage. Some of the higher level staves raise damage a lot as well, so don't ignore something just because it's a staff. Look at what it does to your damage stat (and ignore dps).

Notclassbound
06-29-2013, 12:30 PM
good stuff...thanks for the pointers and motivation