PDA

View Full Version : Never Trust It!!!

Zentry
06-24-2013, 01:19 PM
--Note i was a newcomer when this was happening---
A while ago I saw a guy who advertised a site called ****** may not be 100% correct) Sadly I was foolish enough to put my info in. I searched it about 10 mins later. I saw it was a scam. Luckily I have about 15 gmail acc and I put in a trash one:-) . Earlier today I saw a guy who advertised it. Quickly I put a mute on him and spoke 'Warning A character who will advertise plplat.yolasite. Three things. They put a dot between every letter of plplat.yolasite.( to avoid devs turning the word into a muted word. 2) He started to rapidly trade my account (like that would aggitate me) so I said ' is that the best u can do. 3) The site's language was appauling. Eg 'We do not save informations'.So everyone in humania at the time muted him and reported him. Everyone, NEVER EVEN CONSIDER GOING TO THAT SITE!!!
And to all you newcomers, consider seeing a thread on 'new players' saying beware of scams.
It will help you with scams. Zentry Out--- Woooshhhh!!!!

xcainnblecterx
06-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Well naturally a plat site is fake. Just screen shot it and report

XxTHExxDONxX
06-24-2013, 02:07 PM
In the past 3days i have seen multiple toons advertising this site. One of these pesty scammers was actually in my guild spamming cs area when i caught him, i instantly booted him out. Whenever i see these i take a screenshots and report and attach the screenshot. I really hope sts support is taking these seriously and banning these culprits

Zentry
06-24-2013, 02:14 PM
They have a lot of acc so devs and sts should ban the phraze. But then they change the site. Uggghhh gets me so maddd

Oldcoot
06-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Report an spread the word, a lot of folks don't have the forums.

Whirlzap
06-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Also realize that even trying to attempt going to the site with the intention of obtaining free Plat is a bannable offense.
Terms of Service state that attempting to obtain Plat illegally without purchasing it or doing the sponsored Free Plat offers directly in the PL client is regarded as a bannable offense.

Suentous PO
06-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Why is this so hard to have this site yanked or brick the clowns responsible?
I've lost track of all the toons I've reported, and now think I may just be bogging support down as they (might) ban the toon spamming (who was probably a victems toon to begin with).
This has been goin on too long. Here's a thread from Dec 2011!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?46398-Beware-of-character-FreePlatinum

Is reporting them pointless?
I'd welcome some input from sts other than "please report them" if possible.
Short of ddos anyone else have suggestions?
There is also a discussion going on in "the movements" group page with some info.

Here is another post a year after the 2011, where Delph locks the thread saying to email support.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75717-Beware-of-new-website-scam
The website has a slightly different name here but might be the same culprit.
Emailing support doesnt seem to do much.

Schnitzel
06-24-2013, 09:28 PM
That site been on internet FOREVER
Why don't a dev take it out of the internet?

Extreme
06-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I heard U need to make an account first to get the plat? Also, This guy Pays people to advertise their thread..

ThePvpTwink
06-24-2013, 10:10 PM
That site been on internet FOREVER
Why don't a dev take it out of the internet?

It's like deleting a website you don't own.

Extreme
06-24-2013, 10:14 PM
^True, How can you delete it if you don't have it? Breaking a book which your friend brought to Vacation?

Delphina
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Well naturally a plat site is fake. Just screen shot it and report

That's correct. Thread closed.