PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends a Drainage of $$$

ReapeJZ
06-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Hello people. I have been playing pocket legends for about 2.5 years and had my ups and downs ( still lv63 :p )
I quit a few times and got bored of all the updates which strongly supported $$$ aka platinum

Nevertheless pocket legends was my go to place during my life and will be for a few more years, but It's just unfair how this game is largely based on $. People will all these 4x 5x elixirs ruling the game, spending $ on platinum.

It's hard for someone who just wants to have the maximum amount of fun but without spending $$$ it's just impossible.

I've played almost all the mmos on the ios but this still will be the best one ive playing yet.. But in the years money has been ruling.

Suentous PO
06-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Don't forget to use those daily blessings if you are not allready.
I can play on elixirs free often due to my large toon army, someone is bound to get one even if after a bit of bad luck.
It may help to use free play offers for the 5 plat it costs for a new slot and get a few chances at a free combo elixir.

joshtheboss
06-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Hello people. I have been playing pocket legends for about 2.5 years and had my ups and downs ( still lv63 :p )
I quit a few times and got bored of all the updates which strongly supported $$$ aka platinum

Nevertheless pocket legends was my go to place during my life and will be for a few more years, but It's just unfair how this game is largely based on $. People will all these 4x 5x elixirs ruling the game, spending $ on platinum.

It's hard for someone who just wants to have the maximum amount of fun but without spending $$$ it's just impossible.

I've played almost all the mmos on the ios but this still will be the best one ive playing yet.. But in the years money has been ruling.

How can you be lvl 63 after 30 months.

Chopper
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Yes, the daily elixirs even the playing field somewhat since you can have a thrasher-lite for 24 hours when you get the combo.

aside form that, the updates seem to be money-focused for sure, but i guess STS wants to make some more money. NO surprise.

NECROREAPER
06-24-2013, 04:28 PM
How can you be lvl 63 after 30 months.

I'm still 65 and my 3 year birthday is on Wednesday

Z
06-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Plenty of ways to play for free, it would be dumb for them not to insert many ways of taking in $ this is a business . If it wasnt for plat users you wouldn't have a free game.

NECROREAPER
06-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Plenty of ways to play for free, it would be dumb for them not to insert many ways of taking in $ this is a business . If it wasnt for plat users you wouldn't have a free game.

If it wasn't for plat users *in the beginning* most of you wouldn't be here and the game wouldn't be free

Whirlzap
06-24-2013, 04:46 PM
If it wasn't for plat users *in the beginning* most of you wouldn't be here and the game wouldn't be free
I'm sure most of the new L75/L76s today always thought the Main Spine beyond Dark Forest was free.

lul

Z
06-24-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm sure most of the new L75/L76s today always thought the Main Spine beyond Dark Forest was free.

lul

Thats when we tell them how we got our shield that looks grey or whatever the crystal looking shield is called, never used it lol

Z
06-24-2013, 04:52 PM

Thats what I was explaining to him, I was here since 2010 before mainspine was free.

Swimmingstar
06-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Those times when you had to download 10 apps from Tapjoy to get to the next campaign if you couldn't buy plat.

ReapeJZ
06-24-2013, 05:12 PM
It's kinda getting very sad that you can't get that premium item if you don't hit lv76. I was really annoyed and irritated how I couldn't get that crown of persistence in the lv56 cap. That was the best thing that I've ever saw :(

Z
06-24-2013, 05:15 PM
It's kinda getting very sad that you can't get that premium item if you don't hit lv76. I was really annoyed and irritated how I couldn't get that crown of persistence in the lv56 cap. That was the best thing that I've ever saw :(

They call that an incentive to purchase platinum. That one of the few things that make us buy it.

Roberto077
06-24-2013, 05:28 PM
You know the saying: Money buys happiness

Correct

xcainnblecterx
06-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow don't go play al then

KingFu
06-24-2013, 07:46 PM

Or those who bought stuff before plat even existed lol

ThePvpTwink
06-24-2013, 11:46 PM
There's daily 3x and daily blessings here now. And also free platinum offers which give a descent amount too. I've been playing PL nearly 3 years now without spending $$$ and I have over gold cap lol. Just dedicate yourself to doing straight hardcore grinding and/or farming. Trying out merching pays off a great deal too. Best way is to just play a lot in endgame campaigns like how a former noob like me got a ocean diamond witjout elix when humanist first came out and sold for 1.1m. Or a random pink in BSM on combo daily blessing can earn you 1.8m lol.

But mostly, just enjoy the game. It was free in the first place and you are not obliged to spend real life money on it.

The Happiness
06-25-2013, 10:11 AM

Nu-uh! Money doesn't buy me. Chocolates and flowers are always a good start though ;P

Oldcoot
06-25-2013, 10:27 AM

Nu-uh! Money doesn't buy me. Chocolates and flowers are always a good start though ;P
Are we going to do this again, ill get greedy an the gang.

The Happiness
06-25-2013, 11:58 AM

Nooooo I think we killed that one!

Reunegade
06-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Nooooo I think we killed that one!

And the 4 pigeons..........we definitely need a loan now.

The Greediness
06-25-2013, 01:33 PM
*Grabs camera*

Zeus
06-25-2013, 01:38 PM

Your preference in chocolate?

Brand? Ex: Godiva, Lindt, etc.

Type? Ex: Milk, Dark, etc.

Also, favorite flowers? ;)

Oh, and what's your take on chocolate strawberries? Love 'em or hate 'em? ;)

P.S: Taking notes for Act II of the performance. ;)

MightyMicah
06-25-2013, 01:52 PM

Hmm. My advice for you is as follows:

Solution #1-Pick a balanced pvp level and make a twink decked out with all the best gear. Then rack up kills as high as you can.
Solution #2-Play a different game. There are tons and tons of amazing mmo's out there, especially for PC!

The Happiness
06-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Your preference in chocolate?

Brand? Ex: Godiva, Lindt, etc.

Type? Ex: Milk, Dark, etc.

Also, favorite flowers? ;)

Oh, and what's your take on chocolate strawberries? Love 'em or hate 'em? ;)

P.S: Taking notes for Act II of the performance. ;)

Chocolate strawberries are very lovely ....with champagne.

Prefer handmade Belgian chocolates (Milk)

Favourite flowers....Lily of the Valley...very British, pale, delicate and highly fragranced....just like me :)

The Greediness
06-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Favourite flowers....Lily of the Valley...very British, pale, delicate and highly fragranced....just like me :)
Are you also toxic?

The Happiness
06-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Are you also toxic?

Shhhhhhh!!!!!

Reunegade
06-25-2013, 02:07 PM
*grabs popcorn*

Growwle
06-25-2013, 02:10 PM

It is always hilarious to me how many people do not realize that the reason most game developers are going "freemium", is because it is much more profitable for them than subscriptions, or just selling the game. However, most PGI games are fun enough without spending any money as long as you don't want all the new "shineys" and don't want to be "elite".

Promagin
06-25-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm happy when I spend money on pl :) gets my lvls up and then I am happy, I need a platinum sale though so I can buy 2k plat!

thehopeless
06-26-2013, 12:06 AM
I'm happy when I spend money on pl :) gets my lvls up and then I am happy, I need a platinum sale though so I can buy 2k plat!

Wow this is beyond not necessary to spam almost every thread with

Oldcoot
06-26-2013, 12:23 AM
I think prom wants a plat sale

thehopeless
06-26-2013, 09:34 AM
I think prom wants a plat sale

Maybe, just maybe

Promagin
06-27-2013, 11:38 AM
I say legit yo :D

Zeus
06-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Chocolate strawberries are very lovely ....with champagne.

Prefer handmade Belgian chocolates (Milk)

I managed to wrap them in an airtight container! Let me know when to send them to you! Also, you should take a good old whiff of them just to make sure I sent you the right ones! :)

I also gave the strawberries quite the kick by adding some of the Lily of the Valley essence to them. After all, they smell delicious so they must taste delicious as well, no? :) Let me know how you like them! :p

Reunegade
06-27-2013, 02:45 PM
I managed to wrap them in an airtight container! Let me know when to send them to you! Also, you should take a good old whiff of them just to make sure I sent you the right ones! :)

I also gave the strawberries quite the kick by adding some of the Lily of the Valley essence to them. After all, they smell delicious so they must taste delicious as well, no? :) Let me know how you like them! :p
I guess you've never smelled new cars then xD

Zeus
06-27-2013, 03:19 PM
I guess you've never smelled new cars then xD

Mind you, leather tastes pretty delicious to me!

The Happiness
06-27-2013, 04:47 PM

I see what you did there! My! My! And such an angelic face too!

Mind you, leather tastes pretty delicious to me!

Ohhhh! Me too ;P

Zeus
06-27-2013, 05:31 PM
I see what you did there! My! My! And such an angelic face too!

Ohhhh! Me too ;P

Just like Snow White & I'm the evil witch? ^_^

Also, beef jerky pretty much classifies as leather, lol!

The Happiness
06-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Just like Snow White & I'm the evil witch? ^_^

Also, beef jerky pretty much classifies as leather, lol!

Well....I am taking the role of Snow White.

And beef jerky? Wouldn't know! Never had it :)

joshtheboss
06-28-2013, 02:44 PM
How did this thread get derailed so badly.

Oldcoot
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
All it takes is a penny on the tracks

Reunegade
06-28-2013, 02:49 PM
And a camcorder

Oldcoot
06-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Ha!