PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Is Best?!

SkullCrusher
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Ever had problems with not being able to feed your pet, or not being able to buy enough potions? Or maybe your ultimate goal to buy a Mythic or Arcane weapon has been extinguished due to extremely high prices? Tired of platinum consuming the entire AL game? Tired of Locked Crates and needing more and more platinum?
Tired of farming for days and not receiving a single valuable drop? Tired of not being able to merch good profit anymore? Well then, guess what!?!!?
Pocket Legends may just be the place for you! Liquidating items even at the lowest levels wield 100 gold+! Crazy right?! And that's not all...The economy is perfectly balanced! Yes that's right..no more farming for weeks without any good drops! Farming has never been easier! And the prices aren't insanely dropping meaning you can still farm and make easy gold. No more charging skills, more than 4 skill slots, no more class-specific gear and much much more!
Believe me, Arcane Legends is only going downhill from here...jump into PL and try getting the next expansion for Pocket Legends to finally arrive! ( It's been almost 9 months with the level cap staying at 76. ) Try it out for a few days, and you tell me which one is better. :)
-Skull.

Ebezaanec
06-24-2013, 04:08 PM
I love the farming in Pocket Legends because of the reasonable drop rates. However in Arcane Legends that is not the case. Pl is fun and not tedious like Al. Plus the bosses all drop gear that can be sold for good prices, while in al everyone sticks with rooks nest and couple places. I still play pl due to these reasons but I hope al can improve.

Taejo
06-24-2013, 04:09 PM
It definitely is an amazing game - the pioneer of the "Legends" genre. Not sure where STS went wrong. Star Legends has many great aspects and features, but last I played farming was platinum-spending obligation. Dark Legends I thought was terrible all together. Arcane Legends seems to be a hybrid of SL and DL, leaving out many of the great mechanics of their first and best game - Pocket Legends.

I had no idea the level cap has been the same for 9 months. That's insane! Maybe I will jump back over to reach it :)

SkullCrusher
06-24-2013, 04:32 PM
I love the farming in Pocket Legends because of the reasonable drop rates. However in Arcane Legends that is not the case. Pl is fun and not tedious like Al. Plus the bosses all drop gear that can be sold for good prices, while in al everyone sticks with rooks nest and couple places. I still play pl due to these reasons but I hope al can improve.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying my friend. :) And Taejo, I completely agree with you. :)

vholt
06-24-2013, 04:37 PM
The main reason i like AL is it is true hack & slash, unlike PL... That is all i guess lol

Samhayne
06-24-2013, 04:58 PM
All games are subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) I'm sure that someone who is invested in Pocket Legends will champion it more than Arcane and vice versa. From a numerical standpoint Arcane Legends is a bigger "hit" with significantly more downloads and players faster than Pocket Legends ever did. They play differently and I think what's key for Arcane's success is that it is easier (on average) to get into for new players. I would certainly say that anyone who plays and likes Arcane Legends, you might also find some fun by checking out Pocket Legends. They are both critically and fan acclaimed games. Certainly they are different and, depending on who you talk to, have different pluses and minuses.

I don't think you're going to make a lot of friends by calling any game "best" on the Arcane Legends forums, by definition. ;)

Rare
06-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Tired of platinum consuming the entire AL game?

Not trying to rain on your parade... But you must've just started in PL

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Trenton
06-24-2013, 05:17 PM
All games are subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) I'm sure that someone who is invested in Pocket Legends will champion it more than Arcane and vice versa. From a numerical standpoint Arcane Legends is a bigger "hit" with significantly more downloads and players faster than Pocket Legends ever did. They play differently and I think what's key for Arcane's success is that it is easier (on average) to get into for new players. I would certainly say that anyone who plays and likes Arcane Legends, you might also find some fun by checking out Pocket Legends. They are both critically and fan acclaimed games. Certainly they are different and, depending on who you talk to, have different pluses and minuses.

I don't think you're going to make a lot of friends by calling any game "best" on the Arcane Legends forums, by definition. ;) This is exactly what I thought. It's not that PL is better just because you get better drops. You can also merch fine in AL, it doesn't require buying tons of plat to open crates. I took 12k, given from a friend, and turned it into 700k in 3 days, about 2 hours of playing each day. Don't give up on AL because you're not the richest player, or the best PvPer, just practice and wait, give it some time, and you'll get there.

Swimmingstar
06-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Ever had problems with not being able to feed your pet, or not being able to buy enough potions? Or maybe your ultimate goal to buy a Mythic or Arcane weapon has been extinguished due to extremely high prices?

Prices are extremely high in Pocket Legends also if you look at the good items that are rare.

Tired of platinum consuming the entire AL game? Tired of Locked Crates and needing more and more platinum?

Same thing in Pocket Legends. Hard to play without platinum.

Tired of farming for days and not receiving a single valuable drop? Tired of not being able to merch good profit anymore? Well then, guess what!?!!?

Anything worth a lot takes a long time to farm.

Pocket Legends may just be the place for you! Liquidating items even at the lowest levels wield 100 gold+! Crazy right?!

Not at the lowest levels, and 100 gold is nothing if you're looking to buy a good set. And the endgame sets are worth at least 2 million gold.

And that's not all...The economy is perfectly balanced!

Definitely not.

Yes that's right..no more farming for weeks without any good drops! Farming has never been easier!

Yes farming with platinum has never been easier but for a non-plat spender it can take weeks to farm a good item unless you get lucky.

And the prices aren't insanely dropping meaning you can still farm and make easy gold.

Prices drop a lot when there is a cap raise, which there hasn't been in a long time. And this is also bad for some people who don't have 20 gold caps. (They can't buy any rare/hard to get items since they don't have the gold) And I think price drops in Arcane Legends are because of all the cap raises.

No more charging skills, more than 4 skill slots, no more class-specific gear and much much more!

True.

Believe me, Arcane Legends is only going downhill from here...

Looks like devs are still working on it and they have been for a long time.

jump into PL and try getting the next expansion for Pocket Legends to finally arrive! ( It's been almost 9 months with the level cap staying at 76. )

Everyone has been waiting for an expansion for months. There have probably been hundreds of threads posted about it with rumors, "release the next expansion already!", threads asking about the next cap, etc. No one even knows if the devs have even started working on the next expansion.

Try it out for a few days, and you tell me which one is better. :)

Both of the games are good, it just depends on what theme you like better.

-Skull.

Fixed.

Cahaun
06-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Ever had problems with not being able to feed your pet, or not being able to buy enough potions? Or maybe your ultimate goal to buy a Mythic or Arcane weapon has been extinguished due to extremely high prices?

Prices are extremely high in Pocket Legends also if you look at the good items that are rare.

Tired of platinum consuming the entire AL game? Tired of Locked Crates and needing more and more platinum?

Same thing in Pocket Legends. Hard to play without platinum.

Anything worth a lot takes a long time to farm.

Pocket Legends may just be the place for you! Liquidating items even at the lowest levels wield 100 gold+! Crazy right?!

Not at the lowest levels, and 100 gold is nothing if you're looking to buy a good set. And the endgame sets are worth at least 2 million gold.

And that's not all...The economy is perfectly balanced!

Definitely not.

Yes that's right..no more farming for weeks without any good drops! Farming has never been easier!

Yes farming with platinum has never been easier but for a non-plat spender it can take weeks to farm a good item unless you get lucky.

And the prices aren't insanely dropping meaning you can still farm and make easy gold.

Prices drop a lot when there is a cap raise, which there hasn't been in a long time. And this is also bad for some people who don't have 20 gold caps. (They can't buy any rare/hard to get items since they don't have the gold) And I think price drops in Arcane Legends are because of all the cap raises.

No more charging skills, more than 4 skill slots, no more class-specific gear and much much more!

True.

Believe me, Arcane Legends is only going downhill from here...

Looks like devs are still working on it and they have been for a long time.

jump into PL and try getting the next expansion for Pocket Legends to finally arrive! ( It's been almost 9 months with the level cap staying at 76. )

Everyone has been waiting for an expansion for months. There have probably been hundreds of threads posted about it with rumors, "release the next expansion already!", threads asking about the next cap, etc. No one even knows if the devs have even started working on the next expansion.

Try it out for a few days, and you tell me which one is better. :)

Both of the games are good, it just depends on what theme you like better.

-Skull.

Fixed.
That pretty much summed up how I thought of all these points, and as Sam stated, a game is viewed differently by different people. I personally think Star Legends is the best, but is severely neglected. It's a mere shadow of its once true glory at the moment.

xcainnblecterx
06-24-2013, 05:45 PM
At least the PvP is good here in al. And its FFA, go try pl where l76s or something join 50-56-20-15 lvl games due to a glitch that hasn't been fixed in idk how long. Also has a "go" system which I see people are doing 1vs1 here. I don't mind it but if your complaining about being teamed, then leave. If you want 1vs1 ask, don't complain but if other people try to fight, I can't help that

Energizeric
06-24-2013, 06:02 PM
The problem I found in PL is that I achieved everything there was to achieve inside of 6 months of playing. After 6 months of playing with one single toon (a bear), I was level 76, I had obtained all 5 dragon sets, I had a gold cap (10m) saved in my stash, and had one of each bear gear set from each campaign.

Unfortunately, without a new expansion life in PL became boring. What else is there to do? I can't even farm or merch for more gold because I would have no place to put it. Someone suggested I make a new toon just to store the extra gold. Lots of fun that would be.....NOT!! hehe

I wish in PL there were some very rare items like the arcane items here in AL. Even after 6 months of hard work and playing lots of hours daily, I still only managed to get some of the mythic and some of the arcane items. I have hammerjaw, but no glacian. I still don't have a mythic ring or amulet. And by the time I manage to get those, I'm sure there will be more rare items to pursue.

I understand the OP's reasoning that it is "easier" to play PL. I don't want easier, I actually want more of a challenge -- not in the forum of frustration, but in the form of more long term goals I can work towards. I'd like to see some super expensive/rare items in PL. Dragon Sets used to be that until they increased all the drop rates. Dragon sets used to cost 20-40m each. Now I hear you can get a gold set for 1m.

My first dragon set (green) cost me 26m to buy. It took me 3 months to save up the gold for that one. Then the other 4 sets together cost less than that first one as the drop rate was increased and prices fell. Thank god I still have something rare in the black set since it's discontinued or else that one would probably be common as well.

The attractive thing about AL is there are so many long term goals I can keep working towards. Not just in terms of saving gold for the rare items I want, but also in terms of the leaderboards. In PL the leaderboards are crap and nobody even pays attention to them. But in AL it is a big thing and you get a reward banner for each season. That also gives me goals to work towards and keeps me interested.

But yes, I suppose if you want a game that is very easy to do well it, PL may be a good choice.

Rare
06-24-2013, 06:54 PM
In terms of fun, I do think pl was the best. It was the most fun of all the game imo, by far. Still is. The grind is the only thing that wore me out. And that was WITH elixir. Once I ran out of plat, the game lost its fun. On top of that, all my friend became less and less active. Then it stopped being fun. I think they just made bsm too hardcore and the grind got to be too much for me.

Yes, I am a casual gamer, but I casually played that game for 2.5 years.

NotYoCookiez
06-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Prices are definitely not extremely high in pocket legends. Items from 1-76(cap) can be bought relatively cheap, not counting the really expensive a sets because honesty they are doable without them but of course it helps to have. It's easy to farm usable items.

And whoever said that PL runs on Plat xD!!! We get 24 hour DAILY blessings that can yield a 3x combo which is amazing for leveling and farming. Making a new toon only cost 5 platinum, way less then arcane legends so you can have a higher chance at getting those blessings. Platinum is just for expensive vanities/ if you wanna stack exp to level and premium stuff but its completely fun to play without. No lottery type of waste plat like in AL.

And most of the AL people are from PL and the game got famous via the App Stores because it was new during a generation where more people had technocolgoy <---- yes! iPods and all these fancy phones they didn't have 3 years ago. Anyways yeah AL is over all a fun game only thing is the plat is crazy. That's why I like PL I can survive without it.

Energizeric
06-24-2013, 10:07 PM
What's funny is that 6 months ago everyone was leaving PL because they said it was too plat based. I was one of the last to come over to AL. I had invested so much time in PL that I did not really want to come over, but did anyway. Now that I'm here in AL, I feel the same way. I don't want to change games again, just want them to fix some of the issues.

ShadowGunX
06-24-2013, 10:33 PM
yup skull. pl is best nd it nvr let me dwn when i play. pl relax me alot. lol if i farm for an hour i get 10k minimum ( adding price getting by liquidating items) nd extra pink loots tht i can sell for good price :-D. i actually get smething worth to show wat i get playing 1hr.
bt in AL even if i play 3hrs i loose instead (pet feed; potions) if m nt lcky nd doesnt get good drops. bt lol m nt lcky always.
PL best nd SL is average. AL scks.

lakersrockftw
06-24-2013, 10:42 PM
The thing is after spending a total of 2 and a half years playing it hard for me to quit in anyway counting how much time I put into it. Arcane has a totally different view to me. Totally gets me bored after playing two hours. Pl I can go forever. Arcane is good but no matter what pl is better.

SkullCrusher
06-25-2013, 12:39 AM
All of us have our own opinions. :) As Samhayne had already stated, it depends on the player, not the game.
I think PL is the best and always will be best. It's much easier but yes, sometimes it can be TOO easy as Energ said.
I think the reason I like PL much better is because I haven't capped yet and I'm having tons of fun. :) I love AL too, I'm just saying its a bit too hard for me. After reading all your comments though, I think I might actually return to AL, only if the Devs do something about the Economy issues in it. Thanks for reading. :)
-Skull

Energizeric
06-25-2013, 01:32 AM
I don't think anyone would argue that AL is the superior game as far as graphics and gameplay goes. I think we just prefer some of the things in PL. I agree that the party system has got to go. It just doesn't work. I much prefer the system of joining friends in runs in PL. However, keep in mind if you eliminate the party system then it would become impossible to have a timed runs leaderboard. Maybe they need a half/half system. Let people join friends who are not currently in a party. And if you are in a party, then things would work same as the current system works.

Rare
06-25-2013, 11:48 AM

And whoever said that PL runs on Plat xD!!!

I went several weeks without getting a combo elixir on any my three mains. So don't make it sound like it's so common. In addition, they run constantly, so at best I only got a couple hours out of them. I do applaud that though. Those blessings are awesome when you get them.

Rare
06-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't think anyone would argue that AL is the superior game as far as graphics and gameplay goes. I think we just prefer some of the things in PL. I agree that the party system has got to go. It just doesn't work. I much prefer the system of joining friends in runs in PL. However, keep in mind if you eliminate the party system then it would become impossible to have a timed runs leaderboard. Maybe they need a half/half system. Let people join friends who are not currently in a party. And if you are in a party, then things would work same as the current system works.

+1000

Zuzeq
06-25-2013, 12:07 PM
.....NO....Skull I love you but....just NO! AL ova all....

SkullCrusher
06-25-2013, 12:33 PM
I went several weeks without getting a combo elixir on any my three mains. So don't make it sound like it's so common. In addition, they run constantly, so at best I only got a couple hours out of them. I do applaud that though. Those blessings are awesome when you get them.

Still better then nothing lol. :) And you get exclusive vanities from it, AND the elixirs last 24 hours!

SkullCrusher
06-25-2013, 12:34 PM
.....NO....Skull I love you but....just NO! AL ova all....

Lol, if Zu thinks AL is best then how can I argue? Zu wins. ( as always lol :p. )

Zuzeq
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Lol, if Zu thinks AL is best then how can I argue? Zu wins. ( as always lol :p. )

Dang right!...jk. You need to come home btw Skull.

SkullCrusher
06-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Dang right!...jk. You need to come home btw Skull.

I wish, but I need a guild.

Rare
06-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Still better then nothing lol. :) And you get exclusive vanities from it, AND the elixirs last 24 hours!

Oh I never complained about the blessings

Taejo
06-25-2013, 02:10 PM

I don't think you're going to make a lot of friends by calling any game "best" on the Arcane Legends forums, by definition. ;)

I think the point we're trying to drive home here is, usually when you develop an MMO series (and I'm not a developer, just 14 years of playing MMOs talking here), you keep the good and filter out the bad in order to improve the quality of the game and garner a stronger fan base. We get it - PL, SL, DL, and AL are meant to be different games, and we commend STS for that. But why blatently ignore some of the best aspects of one game in the others, when your fans are screaming for them to be implemented?

chitgoks
06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
well... i tried pocket legends before arcane and i stopped right away.

i like arcane better than PL

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

SkullCrusher
06-25-2013, 08:37 PM
We all have our own and sometimes different opinions my friend. :)