PDA

View Full Version : some question :p

lolhangman
10-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Hello all, I ame ursan lvl 12 and this is my first mmo experience so I have some question about this great game :

1) How to sell the stuff that doesn t fit my ursan to other players (no give ar exchange) ? Is there a trade / sell center or do I have to go to town and send a text message like "sell that stuff that price so contact me" ?

2) What is dodge ?

3) How could I display more than 4 abilities short cuts ? I tried to map abilities on screen, there is 12 slots (only 4 are used) so I add a 5th ability on a free slot but it is not displayed

4) Could you tel me what is the stats behavior when level up ? I know that when I spoend 1 point into strenght then I improve health and armor, but what are the other consequences (for exemple what improves hp regen ?)

thanls a lot

Ellyidol
10-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi! Welcome!

1. Stuff you don't need you can sell through your inventory section. When you select an item it says "Sell" under the item description. You can sell useless or no value items to earn gold. Experience will teach you which of these items are valuable. I've had my fair share of selling quite useful twink items.

2. Dodge is "Evade". Its a stat that gives another sort of defence. When you "dodge" the attack completely misses you meaning 0 damage. The higher the dodge the higher the chance to "evade".

3. Beside your Chat Box, on the right side, you see a picture of a book. Click that book when you have assigned your new skills to more than 4 hotkeys and your current hotkeys should expand to show all the skills you have mapped.

4. Stats in this game are quite different. Although the description for Str says it "adds damage and health", it doesn't really add damage. Strength adds HP, hp regen (it depends on what class you are), and armor (after a certain amount of points). For a bear and since you just started, I'd recommend going full str to be a pure tank. A pure tank is good for starting out with because it makes the most money in the game, imo.

Hope these help! Have fun.

lolhangman
10-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Yes thx fast and good answers thx a lot, but I still need some explainations please:
1) ok I saw that but I would like to sell my stuff to an other player not just to sell it to the game system. How to do that ?
2) perfect thx.
3) It works thanks it will be easier now :p
4) so if I increase my INT I will get mana egen to ?

Arterra
10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
The only int you should raise is to 11 since the next mana regen point comes at about 50ish. Even so it's not reccomended for bears. If you click on a player/their name there is te option for trading and gifting.

You can also raise your Dex to get some damage and more importantly to raise your hit% (makes sure you don't miss)

Ellyidol
10-18-2010, 08:26 AM
1. You can start a hotkey chat saying S> XXX for $YYY. You see beside your Chat bubble icon with the three dots, theres a full chat bubble icon? Click that and it opens hotkey chat. You type in and save that certain phrase and whenever you press that, your character says that. So if you want to find a certain buyer for an item, put your sale in there, go to forest haven (the first town and also where most trading happens) and advertise your sale.

4. I agree with Arterra. You can choose to add those points for 1 mana regen, but I'd rather use gear to boost your mana regen. Usually 3-5 mana regen early game is really good already. When you get to higher levels you'll see more opportunity to increase it :)

lolhangman
10-18-2010, 08:28 AM
oki for trade or give but how to sell to other players ? I saw a lot of players texting "this stuff 25k" etc, and there is the same in this forum ? How to get gold from other player selling my stuff ? is it possible to do that ingame or anywhere else ? thanx a lot for your help, I really appreciate your answers :p

Ellyidol
10-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Trading is the same thing as selling/buying from other players. When you click the trade portion to another player, it says "Someone wants to trade with you" in that other player's screen. If he clicks your character and also goes to trade, both of you will enter a trading menu where you can put money/items in.

Yes you can use the forums too, but this is only to look for/advertise. The actual trading still happens in game.

krazii
10-18-2010, 08:33 AM
4) Increase STR absolutely increases DAMAGE, just respec and watch your base damage go up as you increase STR. Also, I would leave INT at 1 for now, once your around level 20, then increase it to 16 (not 11) and that will give you a base of 1 mana regen which is very important. Leave it at 16 forever!

Ellyidol
10-18-2010, 08:35 AM
4) Increase STR absolutely increases DAMAGE, just respec and watch your base damage go up as you increase STR. Also, I would leave INT at 1 for now, once your around level 20, then increase it to 16 (not 11) and that will give you a base of 1 mana regen which is very important. Leave it at 16 forever!

I haven't noticed this. Unless they fixed it that is. I know raising dex raises your damage therefore dps, have't noticed strength. I could be wrong no doubt.

krazii
10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Ellie,

Respec and watch your base damage go up as you add STR. I didn't monitor how much it goes up per STR point (or points), but it does go up and I don't think it's capped. Lends some credence to going max STR to do max Damage.

Ellyidol
10-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Ellie,

Respec and watch your base damage go up as you add STR. I didn't monitor how much it goes up per STR point (or points), but it does go up and I don't think it's capped. Lends some credence to going max STR to do max Damage.

I will on my next Str respec, thanks for pointing it out. :)

Kalielle
10-18-2010, 08:41 AM
I noticed the other day that increasing str increased staff damage even for my int Mage. So I think definitely for str weapons also more str means more damage.

Stratospaly
10-18-2010, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=EllieIdol;102115]I'd recommend going full str to be a pure tank. A pure tank is good for starting out with because it makes the most money in the game, imo.QUOTE]

Please share this tank making money technique to me... From level 1-45 I spent nearly every bit of gold I got in dungeons by spamming health pots, and hitting mana pots when needed (often while tanking). Durring the same time I have seen countless mages and birds who never get hit, nor use any mana pots because they use no spells. They just sit there shooting at the target and racking up the cash + loot.

My wife at lvl 30 had more gold than I did at 40, if you ignore the buying and selling of pinks or purples.

FluffNStuff
10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Ellie,

Damage goes up with 75 Strength points OR 10 Dex points. Sure, STR increases damage, but DEX increases it 7.5 times faster.

FluffNStuff
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
I'd recommend going full str to be a pure tank. A pure tank is good for starting out with because it makes the most money in the game, imo.

Please share this tank making money technique to me... From level 1-45 I spent nearly every bit of gold I got in dungeons by spamming health pots, and hitting mana pots when needed (often while tanking). Durring the same time I have seen countless mages and birds who never get hit, nor use any mana pots because they use no spells. They just sit there shooting at the target and racking up the cash + loot.

My wife at lvl 30 had more gold than I did at 40, if you ignore the buying and selling of pinks or purples.

OK, first, the most expensive character to level is any kind of AOE mage. A mage not burning through mana pots before level 35 is either a pure healer (boring) or a leach. As for the cheapest, I have found the dex bear. Great base health, iron blood and excellent ranged and close damage.

Ellyidol
10-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I dont find there is an exact build or thing to do to make money. It lies on how much you can save by not having to spend on anything unnecessary. I always used stuff I picked up, tried to get into good groups where heal is available to reduce usage of pots. Some m/s gear is available even at a low level to deal with it. Real money started pouring in at 40s when things started to become more valuable. Like fluff said in previous post dex bear also good since it somewhat gives you tanking capabilities of bear, but gives you range.

CanonicalKoi
10-18-2010, 10:32 AM
OK, first, the most expensive character to level is any kind of AOE mage. A mage not burning through mana pots before level 35 is either a pure healer (boring) or a leach. As for the cheapest, I have found the dex bear. Great base health, iron blood and excellent ranged and close damage.

True. My lvl 14 Mage (who will be a pally when she gets older), is cash poor constantly from needing pots to stay alive. Just casting Heal is not free (with 3 pts. in it it's 30 mana a shot), let alone burning thru the mana trying to kill things to stay alive. I've got a mana pool of 336 and a regen of a massive 2. (For comparison, my lvl 49 pure Mage has a mana pool of 398 and a regen of 21.) A fight, even with help, means I need to suck mana pots or I die quickly. Because of crappy Mage armor, I need to suck health pots or die. Avians have the same problem--light armor and need mana for skills. Bears might (emphasis on "might") need a few fewer health pots, but they're sucking down the mana for skills because the early weapons don't do much damage. I'd like to meet those lucky, unhittable mages. I know it sure wasn't (and isn't!) me. ;)

reddragon72
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM
I think the reason why Dex increases your damage more is because the dev's left out crit. Without crit dex would be useless for attacks since you can never hit a critical point. STR should increase damage more, but since crit might be left out being able to hit that weak point in armor would be negated. So it sounds like they gave dex more overa all damage to make up for it.

But hey what do I know, I've never played it since there's no Android app yet :( but this is my guess.

Stratospaly
10-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Is crit 2x damage or 1.5x damage? I still dont see how a 5% chance to do 2x damage is better than raising your base damage by 5%. I understand armor comes into play at a point.

FluffNStuff
10-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I think that reason why Dex increases your damage more is because the dev's left out crit. without crit dex would be useless for attacks since you can never hit a critical point. STR should increase damage more, but since crit would be left out being able to hit that weak point in armor would be negated so it sound like they gave dex more overa all damage to make up for it.

But hey what do I know, I've never played it since there is not Android app yet :( but this is my guess.

Hi, and welcome. Don't want to be rude, as you answered my question already by saying you have not played the game. There IS crit in the game, It is raised by 6.66 Dex points or 20 Int points. STR does not increase Crit. My Level 50 dex bear with equip had a base crit of 50 and a raged crit of 100.

FluffNStuff
10-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Is crit 2x damage or 1.5x damage? I still dont see how a 5% chance to do 2x damage is better than raising your base damage by 5%. I understand armor comes into play at a point.

Hey Stratospaly, a crit shot is 2X damage, so it adds your damage. As for crit to damage, if you base damage is above 100 , then 1 point in crit is worth more then 1 point in base damage. It gets more complicated, and I can explain more, but this is a good benchmark.

Royce
10-18-2010, 11:58 AM
Just FYI guys, Str does raise your damage, and so does Int, but Dex raises your damage much faster regardless of class. Dex remains the overpowered attribute in this game, and the only one that every class must have. If you would like to see a discussion of the attribute imbalance, and help get it changed please read and post here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5515-Fixing-the-Attribute-Imbalance-How-to-make-Int-and-Str-worthwhile-investments-D