PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Pro And Pocket Legends

Sus
06-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Why does my Macbook Pro heat up like crazy every time I play PL within 10 seconds, and when playing an other game it doesn't heat up at all?

Zeus
06-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Why does my Macbook Pro heat up like crazy every time I play PL within 10 seconds, and when playing an other game it doesn't heat up at all?

1. Can you list the specs of your MacBook Pro?

How to get specs of your MacBook Pro:
• Apple Icon --> About Your Mac ---> More Specifications (or something like that)

2. What is your method of playing PL? Adobe Flash or Google Chrome?

Also, my Macbook heats up as well sometimes. Why? You're accessing the GPU to generate images for PL.

SkullCrusher
06-25-2013, 12:31 PM
1. Can you list the specs of your MacBook Pro?

How to get specs of your MacBook Pro:
• Apple Icon --> About Your Mac ---> More Specifications (or something like that)

2. What is your method of playing PL? Adobe Flash or Google Chrome?

Also, my Macbook heats up as well sometimes. Why? You're accessing the GPU to generate images for PL.

Smarty. Lol :p. If I ever need help with tech I now know who to call.

Sus
06-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Modelnaam: MacBook Pro
Modelaanduiding: MacBookPro7,1
Processornaam: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processorsnelheid: 2,4 GHz
Aantal processors: 1
Totaal aantal cores: 2
L2-cache: 3 MB
Geheugen: 4 GB
Bussnelheid: 1,07 GHz

It's dutch but you'll recognise it. And I use Chrome.

Spyce
06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Mac is way to POWERFUL to heat up.

Ape
06-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Mac book pros hebben vaak quad-core en Pocket Legends gebruikt deze waarschijnlijk volledig.
En dit gekopineerd met de minimale, compacte cooling systeem van apple zorgt voor een oververhitting zoals alle phones en tablets.

Zeus
06-25-2013, 01:16 PM

I don't see the GPU in there...

Can you find where it lists the graphics processor? Also, judging by your processor which is an Intel Core 2 Duo, that is most likely why.

The processor is many years old and thus requires to work harder to produce the same results hence your higher heat levels.

Do me a favor? Run Pocket Legends, then upon Activity Monitor and go to Processes. Let me know how much percetage of your CPU running Pocket Legends takes up.

Note: Look for the percentage of the CPU Chrome is using or just look at the statistics at the bottom.

Sus
06-25-2013, 01:30 PM

Can you find where it lists the graphics processor? Also, judging by your processor which is an Intel Core 2 Duo, that is most likely why.

The processor is many years old and thus requires to work harder to produce the same results hence your higher heat levels.

Do me a favor? Run Pocket Legends, then upon Activity Monitor and go to Processes. Let me know how much percetage of your CPU running Pocket Legends takes up.

Note: Look for the percentage of the CPU Chrome is using or just look at the statistics at the bottom.

I didn't find the GPU, and I will do all of that asap, thanks!

WoundedEagle
06-25-2013, 04:22 PM
The reason PL isn't working on your Mac is very......sus...

Promagin
06-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Well you may have a problem with your Mac, it's made by apple. Ask devs for a plat sale!

Sus
06-30-2013, 01:40 AM

It says: "user: 25%" "system" 35%" "inactive: 40%"