PDA

View Full Version : Firesquid, Nordr Jewel, or??

Aracaias
06-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Hi All,

I've seen different posts about the different Firesquid Rods and also Nordr Jewel rods. Of these two, which is the better? I hear there is something better than these two for a sorcerer, is that true?

Thanks all,
Aracaias

moot
06-26-2013, 02:01 AM
Nordr Jewel for sure. Nordr Jewel has more damage and less dps.
Dps is useless for sorcerer because what sorcerer does is spam skill.

Use Nordr Jewel if you spam skill.
Use Firesquid if you spam auto attack.

Lipky
06-26-2013, 07:15 AM
^as he said nordr jewel^

Anizeoat
06-29-2013, 08:34 PM
DPS is as important as int ...I think

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Anizeoat
06-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Fire squid of assault lvl30 is much better than any Nord

Valsacar
06-29-2013, 10:35 PM
DPS is as important as int ...I think

No, dps is about as important as an emergency escape hatch on a submarine.

Alhuntrazeck
06-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Nordr Jewel is better...
On the DPS matter, staff wielding sorcs with 2 offensive, 2 defensive skills will find DPS useful; since we spam auto attack while waiting for the two attack skills to cd.
With 3/4 attack skills, DPS is useless because you'll just spam skills and no auto attack.

Mecha
07-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Staff for Sorc?

Nordr is way better than fire squid 'cause sorc is more adept on skill damage than DPS (autoattack). Just like the 2 posts above DPS is important as an emergency escape but that just it. That's why I never give glance on Fire squid. If there is weapon better than nordr that is mythic gun, nuff said.

Energizeric
07-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Damage effects you using your skills (fire, ice, lightning, etc.). DPS affects only if you use the regular attack button.

So keep that in mind when deciding which is more important.

Alhuntrazeck
07-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Staff for Sorc?

Nordr is way better than fire squid 'cause sorc is more adept on skill damage than DPS (autoattack). Just like the 2 posts above DPS is important as an emergency escape on a submarine but that just it. That's why I never give glance on Fire squid. If there is weapon better than nordr that is mythic gun, nuff said.
Edited in bold.
Emergency escapes are plenty useful.

Excuses
07-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Other topic maybe, but.

If you compare those staff with mythic gun, what would you recommend for pve, esp elite?

swexcist
07-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Gun. But maybe nordr on trash b4 boss.. but i doubt it.

Nesox
07-07-2013, 01:46 AM
A Borean rifle is going to deal more actual hits on an enemy then a staff auto-fire. Unless you are 100% spells being able to run and gun is required. The step between the Borean and the mythic is pretty small.

Funto
07-07-2013, 03:02 AM
For now mythic gun is the best weapon for sorcerer but in the next update im not really quite sure because if 36 pink weapon like nordr jewel or new pink weap is as good as mythic gun if not better but sells cheaper, then i go for the pinkies. Fire Squid, maybe but just secondary to me, im more tuned in damaging using skill attack than auto attack.

moot
07-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Mythic gun>Nordr Jewel>Borean Rifle>Firesquid

I have no idea why Firesquid is the second priciest among those 4 weapon. Just accept it mage, you don't auto attack as often as dagger rogue.

Azireosate
07-07-2013, 06:16 AM
Selling this rare weapon

swexcist
07-08-2013, 03:43 AM
A Borean rifle is going to deal more actual hits on an enemy then a staff auto-fire. Unless you are 100% spells being able to run and gun is required. The step between the Borean and the mythic is pretty small.
Keep in mind that rifle is single target, staffs not, so overall on trash i think high end staffs win pretty hard over gun of choose.

Excuses
07-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Do staffs really hit multiple targets without charging?
I tested long time ago (on season3), and it hits only single target. Charged multiple target.

I don't have staff right now, so can't test.. -_-

iacito
07-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Do staffs really hit multiple targets without charging?
I tested long time ago (on season3), and it hits only single target. Charged multiple target.

I don't have staff right now, so can't test.. -_-
Staves hit anyone in its range of attack.

Valsacar
07-09-2013, 05:20 AM
When I got the gun I tested the staff for trash mobs, gun still killed FAR faster because most of our primary skills are AOE and kill faster with the higher damage.

Gun will still be best next update (besides arcane, probably). Even if the new guns are close in stats, mythics always have more powerful procs. The +15 all stats for whole party is a huge boost, plus the stun and little DoT helps as well.