PDA

View Full Version : 90s Hauntlet Achievement > 200M Gear

gundamsone
06-25-2013, 07:45 PM
This is more of a rant but I feel that most endgamers will agree with me on this.
Right now Hauntlet is catered towards twinks (mainly L.15).

If we all look back at the weekend fastest runs event, the top 50 teams that took over hauntlet were L.15 teams.
Below you can see our team, composed of very good players and we are all maxed out in gear.
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j366/goharago/12345_zps7b36aa5c.jpg

And here's our result
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j366/goharago/123456_zpse84ceeb2.jpg

We tried teams of 2/3/4.
We tried 1 War 3 Rogues / 1 War 2 Rogues 1 Mage / 1 War 1 Rogue 2 Mage
We tried 30+ runs and not once did we get under 90 seconds.
A team of level 15's in 100k gear randomly doing w/e they want can easily get under 90s.

I know Devs prefer monsters being "harder" at endgame for harder leveling purposes, so how about buffing the monster difficulty at certain twink levels.
I'm asking devs to please look into this and even try it themselves to see if this requires a change.

Aplyed
06-25-2013, 07:50 PM
I was there i can vouch needs some fixing

gundamsone
06-25-2013, 07:54 PM
There is still time in Season 4 for a fix and possible tombs/hauntlet LB wipe.
Players shouldn't have to create l15 toons just to get on these 2 lb's

drgrimmy
06-25-2013, 08:04 PM
It's true. I think I feel even worse for the endgamers who were not around when it was easier to get the title and/or did not get it when they were low level and now have no chance of gaining the achievement. Just to play devils advocate, I guess the other perspective is that at least there is an area where people who can't afford to spend 20-30m or more on gear can compete for a timed run.

JaytB
06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Many people, including myself, have been saying that hauntlet was way too hard at end lvl as compared to previous caps, in game and on forums. STS said the mobs scaled so you'd need top equip to experience a similar difficulty as before.

I'm happy you guys tested it out with a full team of top equipped players. It seems that this can finally serve as proof of what players have been saying since the 31 cap was released.

I hope STS will look into this.

gundamsone
06-25-2013, 08:11 PM
few hours later...after swapping through half a dozen players we helped gravescar get his achievement with a time of 1:27

*they were on dmg/speed elixirs*

stackz
06-25-2013, 08:13 PM
meh, got my achieve after season 2. no care haha

Jellowpy
06-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Damn after an hour or two and multiple swap of players we got it but i needed to respec to Venge/Rally cry for speed/ WW/ Smash no heals since it wont help here and had damage elix and speed elix on ... But when i get on my lvl 15 twink i can do runs on pure @1:03-1:07 =))
Endgamers are screwed tbh!! I feel bad for those who dont have plats and not geared enough who will try to do these on max lvl

Btw thanks love i should have befriended you 2 seasons ago youre not a bad guy dunno why everyone ranting about you haha glad to know you this season bro i really appreciate the offer to help me not too many people willing to help randomly

Thanks to these guys too, iam thanking em because am really not the type who asks for help most of d time i would rather do it myself heh am too shy to ask for help thats why its a big deal when pips come to help me =))

Agnasty
Beatrixx
Balistixx
Btrx
(sorry if i butchered ur names my memory sucks lol)
And thanks to those i forgot to mention

I only have pvp achievements left ingame yeyyy

Yuri Ramos
06-25-2013, 08:50 PM
we all love "b"s and "x"s on our names lol.

Anyways just to add on the ranting, I really hate how every time the cap raises, the mobs level up as well. You spend so much on plats to get the best gears, train countless number of hours then get back on the same map to feel so much weaker. The level of the mobs on previous maps should stay the same and just increase the difficulty on newly added maps. I dont know but maybe this is a business strategy to let players buy more plats.

"make them feel weaker every level cap so they buy more plats! muhahaha $$$$"

Jellowpy
06-25-2013, 08:52 PM
@Yuri
Hehe and ull think those are same guys but there are different guys playin diff toons hehe only coincidence they had had similar taste on how their names are constructed heh =)

razerfingers
06-25-2013, 08:54 PM
You can have all rogues top level except you. When they are fighting boss keep running to line. How i did it

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

crazyangle03
06-25-2013, 09:07 PM
hhhmmmmm.. ehhh....its not hard.. There is a specific strategy in there.. in the last time run LB event me and my team got it for 1 min and 21 secs as first (1), then 1 min 22 (2), 1 min 23 (3), 1 min 24 (4)..1 min 25 (5). before the twinks dominated our 1st to 5th rank LB.. i don't have the screenshot but i guess that time a lot of people see that and my team is not all Top Gear btw...

Our first try after i (solo) analyze the map and told my friends the plan.. we did it in 1 min and 27 secs. 200m Gears help but strategy is more important..

2 rouges (Onestikedead, Chennz)
1 mage ( Demoniya)
1 Warrior (Alvinwu)

also, in that event i run with a team who doesn't have a full top gear (50/50) and we dominated crypts and tombs.. as our strategy is not to touch same team with same members we did not get all cause we looking into winning the prizes (random 5 teams per map and so we counted the team is more or less 5-6 same teams, which means 100% we won already) and i'm the only rouge on our team.

Jellowpy
06-25-2013, 09:16 PM
@crazy
We have been LB mainstays on our own rights buddy been holding diff LB time runs this season and previous season and have also know how Hauntlet works since we also are Lb time runners just ranting on this post how it is a different thing to run via a twink lvl 15 and a maxed geared lvl 31 player.. We just pulled who are OL because they are doin it to just help me get acheieve not to get LB time run because thats a very different story if ever =)

No disrespect on your acheievement ofcourse just statin a fact how it is a different difficulty task on two different levels giving twinks an advantage on this one.. Besides your fastest 1:21 is much slower than the worst time run of Twink hauntlet runner that shows how unbalanced it is i think you can agree on me on this one =)

crazyangle03
06-25-2013, 09:29 PM
@crazy
We have been LB mainstays on our own rights buddy been holding diff LB time runs this season and previous season and have also know how Hauntlet works since we also are Lb time runners just ranting on this post how it is a different thing to run via a twink lvl 15 and a maxed geared lvl 31 player.. We just pulled who are OL because they are doin it to just help me get acheieve not to get LB time run because thats a very different story if ever =)

No disrespect on your acheievement ofcourse just statin a fact how it is a different difficulty task on two different levels giving twinks an advantage on this one.. Besides your fastest 1:21 is much slower than the worst time run of Twink hauntlet runner that shows how unbalanced it is i think you can agree on me on this one =)

haha :-).. yep! i don't have anything against twinks.. i'm just saying that for level 31 (90 secs achievement) its possible, not easy, not hard...but can be done seriously, again good gears really help a lot but strategy is much more important.

gundamsone
06-25-2013, 09:52 PM
endgamers tend better understand
a. the mechanics of this game
b. how to play their class effectively

put the above 2 together with hard earned gear and you should be able to achieve great results

now please tell me why my friends who create a new class they never played with @ l.15 manage to get on the leaderboards with minimal tries?

crazyangle03
06-25-2013, 09:58 PM
as i've said i don't have anything against twinks..and i agree its not balance that's all i can say..

and hoping all your concerns will be heard and answered. i'm out!

Energizeric
06-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Agreed. I used to do a few hauntlet runs every day for the tokens and to do some kill farming, but I don't even bother anymore as it is so hard.

Yuri Ramos
06-25-2013, 11:00 PM
@Yuri
Hehe and ull think those are same guys but there are different guys playin diff toons hehe only coincidence they had had similar taste on how their names are constructed heh =)

i know lol

- Ballistixx

Jellowpy
06-26-2013, 01:02 AM
@ballistixx
LoL sorry my bad didnt know your forum handle =)) anyway bud thanks for the help

Chaim Nail
06-26-2013, 01:02 AM
The Hauntlet is dead to me.

Before they made Hauntlet harder it was one of practically guaranteed places where you could do PUG runs with a full party and get something out of it (luck elixir runs & Hauntlet coins) but now it's just not worth it in terms of having to drink so many potions to get through it.

I never managed to get the Haunted title before the difficulty increased and now I have no hope, it sucks.

Jellowpy
06-26-2013, 01:29 AM
^
StS i hope you are reading these kind of comments..

gundamsone
06-26-2013, 02:32 AM
If STS can check the prices on hauntlet eggs, they've gone up tremendously with shilo costing over 200k+ now.
Reason being PUG games can't even get under the 2:30s requirement for the coin.

chitgoks
06-26-2013, 03:24 AM
yes, maps were scaled when new cap is raised.

except hauntlet.

i believe this was sts' solution to disappoint leechers from just idling waiting to collecting the hauntlet coin. i still play hauntlet and die sometimes but the leechers are gone. i encountered like 2 only since nordr maps came out

this was their easiest solution change to discourage leechers rather than force players to at least have to be in somewhere near the finish line or something which requires more coding.

... i think

Haligali
06-26-2013, 04:38 AM
At least you can sell your lvl15 gears at high price. ;)

Norris Neo Dicaprio
06-26-2013, 05:01 AM
it easy to me..:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Chaim Nail
06-26-2013, 07:51 AM
yes, maps were scaled when new cap is raised.

except hauntlet.

i believe this was sts' solution to disappoint leechers from just idling waiting to collecting the hauntlet coin. i still play hauntlet and die sometimes but the leechers are gone. i encountered like 2 only since nordr maps came out

this was their easiest solution change to discourage leechers rather than force players to at least have to be in somewhere near the finish line or something which requires more coding.

... i think

If that really was their intention they should have engineered it somehow so that unless you actually partake in the fighting you don't get the reward.

I just tried doing a run, 1 dropped out at the beginning leaving us 3 warriors, ok so the other lvl31 warrior had literally half the Damage & DPS I did but it took almost 5 minutes to complete, and I had to go through a slew of potions - for crying out loud, before they screwed up the Hauntlet difficulty I could easily solo it in less than 3 minutes!

Y O L O
06-26-2013, 09:34 AM
wow.i got my title in season 1 on warrior and season 2 with pros that quit :(

Jexetta
06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I absolutely agree with the post and appreciate the amount of information & work you put into the post Love. Unfortunately, it's been brought up before when Nordr first came out and nothing changed. I don't see the game mechanics and difficulty of hauntlet changing until the next season. The reason I don't see it changing is because of the current leaderboard standings and people seeing it as unfair that suddenly the methods of achieving a leaderboard position has changed. Onestrike above is right in that there are certain methods to running the hauntlet quicker - but there is no reason why a group of level 15 & 16's should have a much easier time in getting records on runs.

The original post when Nordr first came out questioning the hauntlet was skewed more towards people wondering what exactly happened with the hauntlet as many used to use it for grinding experience - good luck trying that anymore. Iirc Samhayne suggested / emphasized that hauntlet should be elite and difficult for anyone to get the 90 second achievement and that it was never intended to be easy. I think the original post above indicates how difficult it is and really does a good job at questioning why would it ever be easier at a lower level.

I've helped several guild members and friends get the haunted title a month + ago in crate armor, it can be done. Unfortunately after several runs you usually end up growing frustrated and grabbing elixers in order to scrap the few last seconds off.

Here is a youtube video of 3 of us doing it all in mostly crate gear - though for this run we ended up all running elixers :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRq8efwCt5k

Taejo
06-26-2013, 02:43 PM
I agree to this thread. My warrior may never see the 90 second Hauntlet achievement. I have wasted plat, time (to include my friends' time) and energy on this. I thought the free respec weekend would be *perfect* opportunity to accomplish this. My dreams were crushed -_-

Bottom line from my perspective is, I shouldn't have to go make friends with 3 "hook rogues" etc to accomplish this as a warrior.

If STS can check the prices on hauntlet eggs, they've gone up tremendously with shilo costing over 200k+ now.
Reason being PUG games can't even get under the 2:30s requirement for the coin.

It's actually 3:30, but yes this is very much the reality of it.

Jellowpy
06-26-2013, 04:44 PM
^
This..

Killingsworth
06-26-2013, 09:33 PM
As a level 31, somewhat respectably geared warrior, I second this. Since the Nordr expansion, I feel as if any shred of hope I had for completing the Haunted Achievement has escaped me. After reading Love's plea for change after 30+ runs in the absolute best in-game gear, my feeling is that I will never have the opportunity to cross that achievement off my list as an endgame warrior. My vote is for change!

Chauakai
06-26-2013, 10:14 PM
hhhmmmmm.. ehhh....its not hard.. There is a specific strategy in there.. in the last time run LB event me and my team got it for 1 min and 21 secs as first (1), then 1 min 22 (2), 1 min 23 (3), 1 min 24 (4)..1 min 25 (5). before the twinks dominated our 1st to 5th rank LB.. i don't have the screenshot but i guess that time a lot of people see that and my team is not all Top Gear btw...

Our first try after i (solo) analyze the map and told my friends the plan.. we did it in 1 min and 27 secs. 200m Gears help but strategy is more important..

2 rouges (Onestikedead, Chennz)
1 mage ( Demoniya)
1 Warrior (Alvinwu)

also, in that event i run with a team who doesn't have a full top gear (50/50) and we dominated crypts and tombs.. as our strategy is not to touch same team with same members we did not get all cause we looking into winning the prizes (random 5 teams per map and so we counted the team is more or less 5-6 same teams, which means 100% we won already) and i'm the only rouge on our team.

Congrats on your achievement! Now you state it is possible to get 90 sec achieve without having top gear. I know for a fact that you have Arcane Blackbeard Hooks and Alvinwu has Arcane Hammer (Maul of Olerus). Those are the best you can get! I am a member of your guild (Photomac, lvl 31 Rogue). I am sure that those arcane weapons really helped you get your 90 sec time.

wowdah
07-19-2013, 08:01 PM
With a good team I can get 1:23 with hauntlet. However, the scale is a bit too much for l31

vholt
07-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I know Devs prefer monsters being "harder" at endgame for harder leveling purposes, so how about buffing the monster difficulty at certain twink levels.
I'm asking devs to please look into this and even try it themselves to see if this requires a change.

Awe but that doesnt serve justice to the endgamers. It doesn't solve the [Hauntlet] Achievement > 200M problem, and just brings twinks & newbies up to the level playing field of find it near impossible to get the achievement. I think hauntlet should be easier on endgamers, not harder on lower levels.

Kuazzae
07-19-2013, 10:15 PM
The Hauntlet is dead to me.

Before they made Hauntlet harder it was one of practically guaranteed places where you could do PUG runs with a full party and get something out of it (luck elixir runs & Hauntlet coins) but now it's just not worth it in terms of having to drink so many potions to get through it.

I never managed to get the Haunted title before the difficulty increased and now I have no hope, it sucks.

I've gave up on that title... I've earned Shiloh... so i don't plan on runing the Hauntlet anytime soon.

Temarichan
07-19-2013, 11:06 PM
I'm glad other people agrees that the getting the hauntlet title at the endgame is difficult to get (-•_•)-

It took me hours of tactical thinking with my team to get it.

I feel terrible not getting the achievement earlier when it was easier ==;

Zeus
07-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Agreed!

I still can't get the achievement on my geared out rogue...

gundamsone
07-19-2013, 11:10 PM
party me :P

Azepeiete
07-30-2013, 04:51 PM

I can help ya, did that with a warrior too, unmaxed. Took 2 tries.

And I paid 1.2m for my l15 set, tyvm

cindersx
07-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Maybe you guys didn't get 90s or below because of the skills you are using.. Or the second option which is your strategy.

RizeOfPk
07-30-2013, 05:46 PM
May I ask why you are trying to beat the hauntlet in so a fast time? Do you get like a banner or something ?

*warriors rise*

Soundlesskill
07-30-2013, 05:48 PM
I wish i could thank this thread a million times.
A friend asked me to help with te achiv today and i had to decline cause i didn't have the gear, now realising you can't even do it with the gear

Azepeiete
07-30-2013, 06:49 PM
It's very possible

Maalice
07-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Instead of saying that it is possible... why not tell us how

Immacolata
07-31-2013, 02:40 AM
I think there was a haunlet guide somewhere in these forums. If someone could link it?

I haven't got the achievement as well, we tried a few times with guildmates, but couldn't get it :p

Azepeiete
07-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Okay...you need at actually practice it, and learn timing. Use a Mage to sweep so the rogues can run early to the next rooms. I suggest running at 27s and 56s toward the next rooms, while the Mage stays until the door opens. I also suggest one rogue use...aim-nox-pierce, aim-nox-charged pierce, then runs toward end on the boss so you can easily go through the door into the end in 2.5s after the boss is dead, which the other rogue is killing.

Now go do that. If you have a warrior use him to help the Mage sweep, and leave a little earlier than 27 and 56.

Chauakai
07-31-2013, 11:50 AM
I have done it 3 times at lvl 31. It is very hard to do and you need a solid team to do it. I have done it 2 times on my mage and 1 time on my rogue. I have not tried on my warrior yet. That is probably impossible to do at lvl 31.

My times were 1:26.5, 1:29.8, 1:29.6!

We had 1 full mythic rogue, 1 heavy mythic rogue w/Arcane hooks, 1 mage w/mythic weapon, and 1 mage with Firesquid. Another team was 1 heavy mythic rogue w/Arcane hooks, 2 mage w/mythic gun, and 1 mage. The third team was 1 full mythic rogue, 1 rogue w/mythic bow, 2 mage w/mythic gun. All players have to run with dmg and speed elixirs or at least 3 of the 4 need it.

For pets I have used Slag and Ribbit. Usually speed pets work well. Ribbit works well with my mage and clock.

Jexetta
07-31-2013, 12:50 PM
It's in no way impossible. I posted a link to a youtube video over a month ago in crate gear on page 2 of this thread. Damage and speed elixers can close the gap to a sub 1:30 run but you in no way need to have it and you do not need mythic gear in order to get the achievement. Last night I ran hauntlet runs with Judgement to get guildies the achievement and two of the mages were running with pvp curse/heal/shield builds (in no way is that a pve timed run build).

I don't think the hauntlet is broken at end game - the real reason it's broken is because it's easier to get the achievement at lower levels.

Taejo
07-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Instead of saying that it is possible... why not tell us how

I am not trying to be rude when I say this:

Many of us have already given tips on how to do it, including myself, within this thread. Please read over it carefully.

I have not tried on my warrior yet. That is probably impossible to do at lvl 31.

It is possible to do with a warrior in the group. Two warriors? Probably not.

My tips (again):

1) Run with 3 people - Warrior, Sorcerer, Rogue
2) Do a pure run, don't buy elixers
3) Have your Warrior respec to all AE dmg abilities (ignore run speed)
4) Have your Sorcerer do the same ^^^
5) Use pets such as Kettle, Shiloh, Slag or Abaddon that give both dmg AND run speed (Shiloh for Warrior, I know it doesn't have +dmg)
6) Finish section 1 in 30 seconds or less, otherwise you've already failed
7) Watch for the slow-spawning skeleton behind the pillar in section 1
8) In all sections kill the necromancers first with your rogue
9) While you're dealing dmg to the Fallen Warrior, you can drift-pull him towards the finish line
10) Have your Warrior run to the end and Skyward Smash across the bridge to the finish line. I say this instead of the Rogue doing it because the Rogue will DPS the Fallen Warrior much more efficiently

EDIT: Gear does not matter.

This is how I managed to get the achievement (1:27 or something was the time). Others may have better/different suggestions.

gundamsone
09-11-2013, 12:15 AM
K we're in season FIVE now and it seems like l15's are still overunning the LB's for this category

*and being maxed out this season, the achievements still as hard as in Season 4

Haligali
09-11-2013, 04:08 AM
Its easier in this season at end game.

bhutkeyur
09-11-2013, 07:18 AM
hard earned gear?? u mean with plat lol
or
being uber farmer or trader haha

dont bother about lb anymore lol
my game is only finish content with what i got
dont even care about few stupid achiv.

Azepeiete
09-11-2013, 05:07 PM
K we're in season FIVE now and it seems like l15's are still overunning the LB's for this category

*and being maxed out this season, the achievements still as hard as in Season 4

Sounds good. I'd love it endgame. Devs plz do it

Amazonina
09-11-2013, 08:25 PM
add me ill help u