PDA

View Full Version : We should earn xp and kills in any elite dungeon

Pandamoni
06-26-2013, 02:21 AM
I was running elite rooks nest tonight when I realized we don't get kills in that map. Due to the fact that you must be a level 30 to enter any elite map, even one from older campaigns, I think we should earn kills while running any elite level.

Limsi
06-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Always thought of this, thanks for voicing it out.

TheStoic
06-26-2013, 03:14 AM
In the same way, for low level toons with disabled xp gain, death count moves while kill count does not. Kill counts should move, just don't make the xp bar move, that's all.

iluvataris
06-26-2013, 06:50 AM
I myself don't see anything wrong with a level 1 with 10 pve kills. If that's what he wants to spend his time on let him do it.

Pandamoni
06-26-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm used to no kills with locked xp because I played PL when they made that change. I can kind of understand why they don't allow kills when your xp is locked because it's a sure fire way to farm kills and get on LB without killing any challenging bad guys.

This, however, is an instance where you're using a ton of pots and really racking up the deaths if you're PUGing. I do think kills in any elite dungeon are warranted.

I myself don't see anything wrong with a level 1 with 10 pve kills. If that's what he wants to spend his time on let him do it.

Lol? I think you're joking, right?

Rare
06-26-2013, 09:35 AM
I was running elite rooks nest tonight when I realized we don't get kills in that map. Due to the fact that you must be a level 30 to enter any elite map, even one from older campaigns, I think we should earn kills while running any elite level.

Agreed xp and kills. No reason not to. Any elite mob is harder than any normal mob from any map. They should give xp and kills.

Might get more attention if you find a way to work this into locked crates somehow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Energizeric
06-26-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure you only have to be level 25 to enter the elite maps from the original campaign. They never scaled up to 30 which is why you get level 25/26 gear from farming there. I'm guessing that map gives xp to level 25/26 players.

Pandamoni
06-26-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure you only have to be level 25 to enter the elite maps from the original campaign. They never scaled up to 30 which is why you get level 25/26 gear from farming there. I'm guessing that map gives xp to level 25/26 players.

Are you sure? Before I hit 30 on my sorcerer I tried to do an elite tower run and didn't have the "elite" button on my map to indicate I wanted to do an elite run. I could be wrong, who knows.

Rare
06-26-2013, 11:05 AM

Indeed. It should give xp and kills to everyone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Swede
06-26-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm guessing you're level 31? The max level of the enemies in there is 27 and if you're more than 3 levels above the enemy, they won't count. I could easily raise the max level of the AI in those dungeons to 28, which means they would count at 31 but would also be slightly harder.

Zuzeq
06-26-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm guessing you're level 31? The max level of the enemies in there is 27 and if you're more than 3 levels above the enemy, they won't count. I could easily raise the max level of the AI in those dungeons to 28, which means they would count at 31 but would also be slightly harder.

DO IT! *Licks lips at the thought of a challege*

Pandamoni
06-26-2013, 11:57 AM

Are you trying to get me slaughtered?!? People will chase me down in town with torches and pitchforks as they yell, "there's that jerk who complained and got things harder for us poor folk with no mythics!"

GoodSyntax
06-26-2013, 12:38 PM
@Swede - You've been super engaged with the community lately! Thank you!

It's kinda like the old days when PL was new, and the Devs had a presence everywhere - in game, on forums, in chat.

Energizeric
06-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Are you sure? Before I hit 30 on my sorcerer I tried to do an elite tower run and didn't have the "elite" button on my map to indicate I wanted to do an elite run. I could be wrong, who knows.

Tower is not from the original campaign but is from the dead city expansion which was the second campaign. That one is scaled to level 30, so you need to be level 30 or higher for that one. But if the pattern holds for the next expansion, I would guess that the Dead City expansion stops at 30 and will not scale up to 35.

Taejo
06-26-2013, 02:05 PM

Please try it! Thanks for the response!

Swede
06-26-2013, 02:18 PM
They actually don't count even if you're 3 levels below you, so even at level 30 they won't give anything. I found a way to change it so that you now get a sliver of XP when defeating enemies that are 3 levels below you though. They will also count for your PvE kills. Should be in the next patch.

However, if you're level 31, they still won't count for PvE kills. I would have to make a bigger change for that (since they're four levels lower).

Taejo
06-26-2013, 03:58 PM
They actually don't count even if you're 3 levels below you, so even at level 30 they won't give anything. I found a way to change it so that you now get a sliver of XP when defeating enemies that are 3 levels below you though. They will also count for your PvE kills. Should be in the next patch.

However, if you're level 31, they still won't count for PvE kills. I would have to make a bigger change for that (since they're four levels lower).

I am going to assume that the daily Nordr xp quest mobs (wolves and spiders) do not ration out XP because of the potentially "easy-leveling" they would present - even though they are blue to a L31. However, they do grant PvE kills. Since this coding seems like something STS has a handle on, can we apply it to elite grey mobs?

Pandamoni
06-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Tower is not from the original campaign but is from the dead city expansion which was the second campaign. That one is scaled to level 30, so you need to be level 30 or higher for that one. But if the pattern holds for the next expansion, I would guess that the Dead City expansion stops at 30 and will not scale up to 35.

I figured it out today, had a guildie with a level 25 toon try to join an elite run through his map. The elite button was gray and he received a message that he must be level 30 to enter that dungeon so then I entered it and he could join me through the join button. Since I never attempted it that way before I hit thirty, just by pulling up the map and hitting elite, it explains why I believed you had to be level 30 in order to run any elite map (even the earlier ones)

Darko
06-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Anyway to make all levels like this?? Like how hauntlet and tombs tailor to ur level, could we do this on all levels. Its boring obly being able yo play nodr... I cant even touch kraken now..

kixkaxx
06-26-2013, 08:22 PM

It would be better we have both pve kill and elite pve kills