PDA

View Full Version : Leechers in Daily Nordr XP Quests

Taejo
06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
Sick of the leechers standing AFK while everyone in the group does all the work. Yes, I often choose to leave and try to join a new game. However, I end up getting deja vu. I made this thread in hopes that others empathize with this annoyance, and come up with some sound solutions.

The only one I can think of at the moment is implement an AFK auto-kickout code. You stand AFK for more than 2 minutes and you are booted from the map.

matanofx
06-26-2013, 02:56 PM
what i do is very simple

i tell other people in map that are active "lets make spiders/wolves kill the afk dude"

we pull as many as we can to him and go back, even if just one enemy remains to attack him its enough to do the job =]

hope this was helpful

Taejo
06-26-2013, 04:16 PM
what i do is very simple

i tell other people in map that are active "lets make spiders/wolves kill the afk dude"

we pull as many as we can to him and go back, even if just one enemy remains to attack him its enough to do the job =]

hope this was helpful

Tried this. They often just lay there dead, because you continue to get credit for kills even while you're dead. So now you reallyhave a leecher present, with no way for a player willing to contribute to the group being able to enter the map.

matanofx
06-27-2013, 01:08 AM
i didnt know you get credit kills while youre dead >.<

party system must be improved!

dannyw
06-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Lure the mobs near him and let them kill him. Dead person cannot have the experience.

Taejo
06-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Lure the mobs near him and let them kill him. Dead person cannot have the experience.

This is incorrect and irrelevant advise for multiple reasons:

1) Dead players do indeed gain experience. Try it sometime.
2) You do not get experience in Camp Boulder or Tunnels of Valheim (except from the mini bosses), so this isn't relevant to the issue at hand. This is also not why people enter these maps to leech - they do it for the 200 kills / 10 mini boss daily quest credits.
3) Dead players still get credit for spiders and wolves being killed by party members, whether they're AFK or dead.

I am asking people to come up with ideas on how to remedy the leecher problem - just like we used to have in Upper Hauntlet runs. No more "well just get them killed by mobs" responses please. It doesn't solve anything.

SkyDagger
06-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Lure the mobs and let them kill him. Then move to another area so he/she wont get kill quest. Another area means far away from him, there are other certain area where the boss will spawn. Then lets see if he doesnt use revive and follow you guys. Once he did it again, same instruction. Hope it helps :)

Taejo
06-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Lure the mobs and let them kill him. Then move to another area so he/she wont get kill quest. Another area means far away from him, there are other certain area where the boss will spawn. Then lets see if he doesnt use revive and follow you guys. Once he did it again, same instruction. Hope it helps :)

Yes, perhaps this works. But why should myself and the other contributing players on the map have to work so hard and go out of our way to accomplish this? I actually enjoy sitting near the entrance spawn points to do these quests. This is because when you die, its not a huge ordeal to get back to your group (even a well-geared person dies quick running through all the respawns). I don't think the majority of people doing these quests have any motivation to orchestrate such a maneuver, either. They are like me - lazy and would rather finish the quests near the entrance rather than dungeon crawl.

NotYoCookiez
06-27-2013, 11:59 AM
There is a way to get exp without doing anything? I might start doing this :p too lazy to level! xD Ty for those who help

dannyw
06-28-2013, 12:11 PM
This is incorrect and irrelevant advise for multiple reasons:

Sorry I didn't read it carefully, I thought you are talking about normal Nordr map like Jun Wood.

Sure the dead guys have the credit for killed mobs and bosses.

The only solution now is to quit the map. I cant stand leecher!

Taejo
06-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Sorry I didn't read it carefully, I thought you are talking about normal Nordr map like Jun Wood.

Sure the dead guys have the credit for killed mobs and bosses.

The only solution now is to quit the map. I cant stand leecher!

No problem. I realize my thread topic isn't very clear, either. My apologies. This thread is about Camp Boulder and Tunnels of Valheim.

Grulimar
06-29-2013, 04:29 PM
An easy-to-code solution would be to implement a 30-second timer after you die in a daily quest. If you don't respawn within that time, you get transported back to the nearest city.

STS Devs: allowing leechers to lay around dead and still accumulate anything meaningful is unfair to the rest of the players, and frankly makes it tougher, since that's one less spot being filled by a real player. Please do something about this.

chitgoks
06-30-2013, 03:01 AM
what i do is very simple

hope this was helpful

matanofox i never have that luck because no matter what my mage still gets agro by the wolves. seems warriors take advantahr of ther armor hence they afk.

what i do though is lure them all then quit he he he. thats a surefire way to have the wolves attack the next one

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

chitgoks
06-30-2013, 03:03 AM
i dont mind ppl afk in normal maps. they dont get the kill count anyway

but i do get pissed at those standing around while i fight the boss. thats a no no.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2