PDA

View Full Version : Uber Combat Triangle!

Vyvin
10-18-2010, 03:54 PM
So we have three stats* DEX, INT, STR which is Archer, Mage, Warrior..
but str seems to be the best so what i propose is the combat triangle...
let > represent "pwn hard"

STR > INT > DEX > STR.... rinse repeat!
which allows some balance.
http://runescape.salmoneus.net/images/combat_triangle.gif

The Combat Triangle was implemented to give each class a 'fighting chance' against one enemy, and a disadvantage against another. In short, this has to do with different skills, weapons and armor used by each class.

Rangers Defeat Mages

A Ranger is able to defeat a Mage because of the fact that their armor mainly consists of Leather, which will not conduct Magical attacks. Rangers can attack quickly from a distance, which is one of the Mage's main specialties. Effectively, the Mage has lost it's main advantages towards the enemy. Magical attacks are much slower and weaker than Ranged attacks, and Wizard Robes will actually lower the Mage's Ranged Defense.

Mages Defeat Warriors

A Mage can defeat a Warrior in Battle due to the fact that a Warrior's heavy plate armor will conduct Magic and the attacks will be stronger. Warriors are unable to attack from a distance like a Mage can, so while the fighter is trying to advance on the Mage, strong Magical attacks are causing big damage.

Warriors Defeat Rangers

Warriors are strong against Rangers because their plate armor will deflect the Ranger's arrows and cause very little damage to the Warrior. The Archer has no way to stop the Warrior from attacking him, and Leather doesn't protect well from strong physical attacks.

Cite: Salmoneous.net

/Vyvin

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-18-2010, 04:00 PM
wow very interesting ;)

Azrael
10-18-2010, 05:30 PM
This is a time tested and true system, been suggested but it never will work cause the devs don't seem to have pvp balance in mind when they release new items, and most importantly because Hybrids makes this impossible. Only thing interesting here is the diluted idea that Str is the best right now stat...

But... ya know... otherwise this is a good post

TheLaw
10-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Vyvin, you play Runescape? I was one of the Legends whe i used to play it :P

Arterra
10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Fire Emblem FTW... we need lancereavers

TheLaw
10-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Fire Emblem?? Lancereavers?? RunScape changed alot while i was PL-ing

Arterra
10-18-2010, 09:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy-DANoRl1I
made this vid a while ago...

do not confuse it with Runescape evah...

Inching
10-18-2010, 09:15 PM
"but str seems to be the best "

ur messed up

TheLaw
10-18-2010, 10:08 PM
are you talking to me? Arterra, I'm not, your confusing me.. Inching, all classes are equal, go try it in PvP.

cry
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
"but str seems to be the best "

ur messed up

No, only good strength based bears seem OP, most are very killable.

kurl
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Lmaooo i miss runescape my account is kurl well duh? And rune battle axe< water staff and range skill sign

Kossi
10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
runescape ftw! i need money :/ i only got 45M atm and saving for ags

Conradin
10-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Best twink is intbear, and the best lvl 50 is dex cuz o the sunbless bow

TOASTYTorpedo
11-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Vyvin, you play Runescape? I was one of the Legends whe i used to play it :P

Oh hey me too. I have a lvl 104