PDA

View Full Version : Make the leaderboard banners tradeable?

hotpimp
06-27-2013, 12:24 PM
And the timed event ones.

Some people have no chance of getting these banners..

So make them tradeable !

I have a few banners and i usually only use one alt do not get to show them all of them off.

CrimsonTider
06-27-2013, 12:26 PM

So make them tradeable !

I have a few banners and i usually only use one alt do not get to show them all of them off.

And what would be your rationale? Boasting a banner you did not earn means you would be falsifying what you have done in game. Just... no.

Sryyoulose
06-27-2013, 12:26 PM
It's like selling a gold medal on eBay. It's just not done.

KingFu
06-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Those "some people" that "have no chance" shouldn't have them to begin with because they don't deserve them. Those banners are (typically) earned, and should only go to those who have reached the achievement of getting on leaderboards. That's what they were intended for, and that's what they should remain to stand for. Not being bought from some random guy in town.

Some people simply want the impatient and easy way of getting things.

Samhayne
06-27-2013, 12:46 PM
No plans to make seasonal banners tradeable.

wowdah
06-27-2013, 01:01 PM
How about little love and best banner ever and such? No harm dat

Sryyoulose
06-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Actually there is, vanitys (Discontinued ones) are signs of a veteran why would you want new players walking around with a 1st season vanity.

Bless
06-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Actually there is, vanitys (Discontinued ones) are signs of a veteran why would you want new players walking around with a 1st season vanity. Ikr... Christmas one was a good one too

Azepeiete
06-27-2013, 02:25 PM

So make them tradeable !

These banners would no longer hold a point. You can work hard and earn them if you want them.

Energizeric
06-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Just no! I work so hard to stay on leaderboards you have no idea. It doesn't come easy as some people think it does.

Y O L O
06-27-2013, 02:28 PM
I disagree with this one post.Sorry :/��

Rain41
06-27-2013, 03:42 PM
I disagree too! Even if I would like to sell my lvl 16 banner :livid:

wowdah
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Guys sryyoulose Has a point. The discontinued vanity thats selling makes it so that u dont know who was here during season 1-2, by looking at their vanity

Monstertongue
06-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Pls make the all vanities tradeable so I can sell it off...wasting my storage & invent space. Pls don't tell me to npc my banner ...I work hard for it and definitely wan so rewards for it

CrimsonTider
06-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Pls make the all vanities tradeable so I can sell it off...wasting my storage & invent space. Pls don't tell me to npc my banner ...I work hard for it and definitely wan so rewards for it

Your reward for the "work" is your banner. Don't like it? Don't "work" for it. BTW, Greed is one of the seven deadly sins.

(I put the word "work" in quotations because I am not quite sure how the word applies to a video game.)

Monstertongue
06-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Your reward for the "work" is your banner. Don't like it? Don't "work" for it. BTW, Greed is one of the seven deadly sins.

(I put the word "work" in quotations because I am not quite sure how the word applies to a video game.)

Seriously, i am a very pratical person. I want rewards that either give me additional stats or something able to sell for gold. I have been watiting for STS to implement tradeable vanities so i can exchange those useless junk for some gold to aid me in my PVE or PVP. To me anything without stats is just a useless piece of junk, i m nt some1 who love to doll up my toons or going for some collectible which when boredom arrive, i might just quit this game. So u arent bringing all your doll armor n helmet with you when u quit. At least with those gold exchanged, i will be able to enjoy more in the PVE or PVP aspect.

and really with this type of pace for expansion, i am really quiting soon, and i don need the useless vanities so i need more gold to buy and open more crates / chest and thats better than looking at those dolls clothes in game

Energizeric
06-28-2013, 12:22 AM
The purpose of a leaderboard banner is to show others that you were on the leaderboards. If you can sell to another player then the banner becomes meaningless and I'm not sure why anyone would even want to be on the leaderboard to get one. As has been said, they don't give any stats, so it's just an indicator of your skill in the game. If anyone can buy one, then it's not even an indicator of your skill, so it becomes meaningless.

Monstertongue
06-28-2013, 03:26 AM
Oh well, if people can afford gold, y not?

Zeus
06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Oh well, if people can afford gold, y not?

The banner is like an Olympic medal in the gaming world.

I have a question, do you see anyone selling their Olympic gold medals? No. Your banner is extremely rare and will become rarer in time as people quit, so think of it as an accomplishment.

In the beginning of the times run competition, only a banner was promised and a chance at a mythic ring. There was nothing more and nothing less. Therefore, do not expect more than what you were told that you were going to earn.

drgrimmy
06-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Yep, the leaderboard banners should not be tradeable. Also I am kind of disappointed that some of the early vanities are now tradeable. It was nice to be able to recognize people from seasons one and two from their vanities. I think that it is kind of a joke that the "founders" vanities are still available and are now tradeable. At least I have my season one banners which still cannot be bought or traded...

Venom
06-29-2013, 06:31 AM
NO, people have earned the leaderboard banners, trading those would be wrong. About the discontinued vanity, its a seasonal vanity and should come back this winter.. well hopefully :)

Valsacar
06-29-2013, 07:11 AM
I'm glad no one can buy the banner from the last event... I would be sad to see someone that didn't bust their arse, like we did, wearing it.