PDA

View Full Version : Haunted manor needs to get fixed

deathdealer
10-18-2010, 06:53 PM
After you complete the quest for the pumpkin hat the only way back in is to,

1. Join a game in progress(more likely boss is dead)
2. Pay the skeleton 200 gold!!(boss is dead again)

Here the problem, you pay the 200 gold to get back in and you end up being in a room were the boss is defeated!! 200 gold down the drain.

Devs please make the boss respawn or make it to were if you do pay 200 gold, you are given a new room.

Arterra
10-18-2010, 08:14 PM
so... question... every time you just walk in you gotta pay? i dont see a message saying that... heck, maybe its because i never actually completed mission lol.

BrainWreck
10-18-2010, 08:16 PM
I haven't seen the boss once and no option to even pay the skeleton

Arterra
10-18-2010, 08:19 PM
i can go in and everything, but i hope i am not being pick-pocketed.

nazgulking
10-19-2010, 01:25 AM
I Have to Agree with the spawn of the boss... Some rush noobs Are plaguing the game (as always) and before i do take a flamethrower with me i think it's Good to make spawn boss after You cleared 95% of the level. This noobs are irritating me ...

setec
10-19-2010, 02:27 AM
I'll freely admit that although I generally hate rushing, I am participating in this rushing. Until they fix it, it is the only way for me to try and get pink/purple items because if I played the normal way, I would loose out.

Right now, after you complete the quest, you could pay the skeleton 200g each time OR

go to JOIN game, under game name type "Haunted Manor" and keep refreshing until you see a completely empty progress bar for the level. If you join and the bad guys left = 55 then the boss is alive. If the number is lower, doubt the boss is dead.

Rinse/Repeat

Frankly, I think they should put the boss behind a door. The door can only be opened once all the other bad guys are dead. This would make rushing pointless and allow other non-rushing players to participate in Halloween fun.

I feel bad for the lower level characters I saw join this instance trying to rush with the 45+ characters and getting killed along the way. I saw a level 10 tonight go in. They can't survive in a rush.

deathdealer
10-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Once you complete the quest, you are not allowed to enter through the portal, the only way to enter again is
1. You join a quest in progress and most likely the boss is dead
2. You talk to the skeleton, who most people don't know allows you to reenter but charges a fee of 200gold!!! (look at your gold before you enter and after you enter, you will be missing 200 gold, every time you allow him to let you pass)

Now it's better just to join a game in progress to save yourself 200 gold but why would the skeleton charge you, to join a game in progress were the boss is dead.

If I would have to pay 200 gold, why can I not get a fresh room?

setec
10-19-2010, 02:50 AM
I agree, paying the 200g for NO guarantee of a fresh room is bad.

All I know is that if I keep refreshing constantly, I get to join fresh rooms at no cost with the boss alive.

BurnYugo
10-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Hi all.
Devs please, you must do something about the haunted mannor, each time we enter in, the boss is dead by other players.
So we pay for nothing.
Even if we paid 2000 gold, it's ok, but do something about the boss.
Or let us host that map.
Thank you

setec
10-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Don't feel too bad. A level 10 shouldn't really be attempting to play in a level 45-50 based dungeon.

True but ALL players should be able to enjoy the Halloween celebration. Maybe a forest haven version of the haunted mansion like the haunted petting zoo. :)

Snakespeare
10-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Do you all remember my thread called IT IS RUDE TO RUSH A PUBLIC MAP!? This is what I was talking about.

You've got people paying 200 gp to enter and some selfish level 50 d-bags already stole all the candy!

Now stop!

After you complete the quest for the pumpkin hat the only way back in is to,

1. Join a game in progress(more likely boss is dead)
2. Pay the skeleton 200 gold!!(boss is dead again)

Here the problem, you pay the 200 gold to get back in and you end up being in a room were the boss is defeated!! 200 gold down the drain.

Devs please make the boss respawn or make it to were if you do pay 200 gold, you are given a new room.

Arterra
10-19-2010, 08:59 AM
good thing im savoring the moment i compete the quest heheh... ima not hand in till fixed, 200 is a steal for this kind of error.

i brought in the pumpkin helm, the least it can do is get me in free of charge lol

setec
10-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Listen, one, you don't have pay 200g to get in.

And yes, this rushing needs to be fixed. However, if I join a fresh map and they are all rushing, I'm not going to miss out on boss loot on principle.

Snakespeare
10-19-2010, 10:49 AM
I know, man, nothing personal. What can you do? If they rush you have to rush, too.

I think if you pay 200 gp you should get a fresh instance with your name on it and even a password if you wish. Then it won't be public. And then you can rush as much as you want.

Also, if it respawned, there would be no need to rush.

gizerbeam
10-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Without rushing, there will basically be no pinks available after Halloween. Eat or be eaten.

Snakespeare
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Right. We are stating the obvious. How do you fix it?

I say, let them respawn. In fact, I think that Smack-o-Lantern should randomly respawn at unpredictable locations, forcing players to run all around the mansion. And the headmistress should drop things, too, also respawning in unpredictable places.

Snakespeare
10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
In all fairness, and for those who do not know how to find a game that still has the boss alive, here is a picture.

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/snakespeare1/1e187378.png

There can't be even a shred of green.

gizerbeam
10-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Lol chances are if your seeing 3 already, your not going to get in.

Royce
10-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Without rushing, there will basically be no pinks available after Halloween. Eat or be eaten.

The map takes a minute or two for level 50s to clear. People like you sir are ruining the fun for everyone. I hope the devs fix this. Allowing greedy, selfish, jerk players to ruin the fun for everyone else is not exactly the fun holiday spirit I think they were aiming for.

shadywack
10-19-2010, 01:36 PM
I also hope that a-holes like gizerbeam get their fun ruined at some point. Rushing these maps is just greedy and selfish.

In lieu of the update info posted graciously by Cinco, I'm altering my post.

Snakespeare
10-19-2010, 03:14 PM
This is going to be SO cool after Cinco fixes it! I intend to enjoy it a lot. :)

xera
10-19-2010, 03:15 PM
yes gizerbeam is a real a-hole. when running there he waits for his team to be at the barrels and shoots the barrels.
if it hits and you have less than 100 armor you're dead.

Fyrce
10-19-2010, 05:33 PM
LOL guys. Read the current (I hope) Patch thread for help in lowering your frustrations.

I also think it's stupid for Shifty to take all of our money, but what can we do? Also the dungeon is high level, but again, if it was low level, do you know think the high levels would clobber it? and be bored? And yes, everyone wants to enjoy Halloween.

So read my post in the Patch thread and even low levels can get to the boss, complete quest, get some xp and get items. The whole idea is for everyone to enjoy Halloween before it's over. I don't see anything wrong with rushing and taking along some low levels if they know how to follow. Just watch out for the barrels.

So a little advice on joining a game, like Snake's post, and Gizer's right, so you have to be quick, and he's also right that the rushing I would say is mainly due to the time constraint.

And if you're in a game with Gizer, follow BEHIND him and a little bit back. He likes barrels. I don't see a problem with him having fun in the game: Come on people, are exploding barrels for LOOKING at? I figured out his predilection in less than one game and behaved accordingly. I follow behind a bit and I know where the barrels are so I walk on the opposite wall because he is NOT the only one exploding them. For low levels, it doesn't always work out (high level dungeon here), but a little smart following and you should be able to get to the boss most of the time.

Ok, now everyone take a deep breath, and go get me a witch hat!

Snakespeare
10-19-2010, 05:36 PM
LOL, Fryce, it sounds like you haven't tried the fixed Mansion, yet. Run all you want, there's no boss. You have to clear that level and then the last two rooms are on the next level.

CanonicalKoi
10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
That'd actually be pretty awesome possum. I've always wanted to cuddle a yeti...erm...I mean...STAB IT IN THE FACE.

(starts picketing) SAVE THE YETI!!!!

shadywack
10-19-2010, 05:45 PM
LOL guys. Read the current (I hope) Patch thread for help in lowering your frustrations.

I also think it's stupid for Shifty to take all of our money, but what can we do? Also the dungeon is high level, but again, if it was low level, do you know think the high levels would clobber it? and be bored? And yes, everyone wants to enjoy Halloween.

So read my post in the Patch thread and even low levels can get to the boss, complete quest, get some xp and get items. The whole idea is for everyone to enjoy Halloween before it's over. I don't see anything wrong with rushing and taking along some low levels if they know how to follow. Just watch out for the barrels.

So a little advice on joining a game, like Snake's post, and Gizer's right, so you have to be quick, and he's also right that the rushing I would say is mainly due to the time constraint.

And if you're in a game with Gizer, follow BEHIND him and a little bit back. He likes barrels. I don't see a problem with him having fun in the game: Come on people, are exploding barrels for LOOKING at? I figured out his predilection in less than one game and behaved accordingly. I follow behind a bit and I know where the barrels are so I walk on the opposite wall because he is NOT the only one exploding them. For low levels, it doesn't always work out (high level dungeon here), but a little smart following and you should be able to get to the boss most of the time.

The problem with Gizer is that his behavior is griefing. Griefers suck and are not redeemable. What are people suppose to do? Walk behind him and then when he stops just wait until he gets bored? At some point the players will want to move ahead. We shouldn't be dictated to by some a-hole so he can get his giggles at our expense. I call it griefing, and in some MMO's griefing gets your account banned.

gizerbeam
10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
This comment is pertaining to rushing.

In all honestly, I'm not really into the rushing. My statement about the pinks, we all know that by the time this is done, everyone will have farmed there fair share of pinks. I'm not really a jerk. For all those who had a chance to "rush", admit it, you did feel a satisfaction after 'sniping' a new game. Having to refresh and then dozing off to click on a game already full, only left you more determined to participate further.

The rushing may be over and done with (and we had our fun), but it was all kicks and perhaps some desire to obtain some pinks.

gizerbeam
10-19-2010, 06:32 PM

Thanks for having my back, I do apologize if I did make anyone's lives miserable. I was only trying to mix it up.
'
In response to

We shouldn't be dictated to by some a-hole so he can get his giggles at our expense. I call it griefing, and in some MMO's griefing gets your account banned.

You want to ban me for blowing up barrels that were put there on purpose? Perhaps they were ment for the minions, but you have no right to get mad at me. Xera on the otherhand, I got you a few times mate;) No hard feelings.

shadywack
10-19-2010, 06:46 PM
You want to ban me for blowing up barrels that were put there on purpose? Perhaps they were ment for the minions, but you have no right to get mad at me. Xera on the otherhand, I got you a few times mate;) No hard feelings.

I'm calling you out for griefing. I'm not asking for you to be banned, if I wanted you banned I'd have to have reported abuse which I have not done. It would also have to be in the TOU that griefing is something they can ban for, which I'm not aware if it is or not. Do I have the right to get mad at you? Not really, you didn't grief me. You are making inflammatory remarks here like "eat or be eaten" to justify reprehensible behavior. You're also trying to justify your griefing, which you can't do. Griefing is behavior that only harms other players while providing no direct benefit to yourself. You also can't tell me that blowing up other players benefits you so you can go farm pinks while everyone has to respawn. It's still griefing. I guess you can't argue with stupid, so I won't try to argue the logic further.

kurl
10-19-2010, 07:01 PM
lmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo you paid and you got ripped no one i know paid wtf!?!?!?!?

Royce
10-19-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm calling you out for griefing. I'm not asking for you to be banned, if I wanted you banned I'd have to have reported abuse which I have not done. It would also have to be in the TOU that griefing is something they can ban for, which I'm not aware if it is or not. Do I have the right to get mad at you? Not really, you didn't grief me. You are making inflammatory remarks here like "eat or be eaten" to justify reprehensible behavior. You're also trying to justify your griefing, which you can't do. Griefing is behavior that only harms other players while providing no direct benefit to yourself. You also can't tell me that blowing up other players benefits you so you can go farm pinks while everyone has to respawn. It's still griefing. I guess you can't argue with stupid, so I won't try to argue the logic further.
Yeah, I honestly can't believe he admitted to this:

on the forums. FYI, I'm fairly certain you can be banned for griefing. And it just makes the previous post seem absurd which included this claim.

I'm not really a jerk.
Cmon. Lmao. "I'm not a jerk, I just act like one" or what?