PDA

View Full Version : Training Dummies

Imhotareyou
06-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Training Dummies
This would be a great addition on guild halls. In pvp you try and kill players but you don't know what is the dmg of the skill you used. Sometimes you just randomly use skills and don't even know how much dmg it gives to the enemy. So i came up with the idea of training dummies in guild halls you can hit the dummies with what ever skills or attack you have and it will tell you the damage you have caused. So that way you know which skills would be best to use on the enemy. I have a lvl 26 rouge for pvp and i have combo attacks for my enemies depending on their class. I have been practicing on maps that has mobs that are a little bit harder to kill. In Kraken Isles I come up with combo attack on different mobs that each represent each class rouge, mage, or warrior. This way I know what is the best combo attack to use on my enemy in pvp. Training dummies would also help you come up with your own combo attack so it would be easier for you to kill your enemies in pvp or even pve. Combo attack also helps you kills elite mobs faster

Combo Attack: using multiple skills at once.

In my rouge I can use 5 attacks at once. If you want to know my combo attack and pvp built just add me and I can tell you what built work best. My in game name (IGN) is Imhotareyou and my rouge is Kazifeud just ask me if you want to know which built works best for you. I know a great built for Rouge, Mage, and Warriors (Pvp) or (Pve). I can also show you some combo attacks that I use it works at all lvls but only works with my skills and built.

Again training dummies would really help other players to know which skills would be best to use to their enemies. Hope you guys like my idea. And if you want to learn my rouge combo attack and built just add me as friend (IGN) is Imhotareyou and Kazifeud. Just tell me you want learn the combo attack and party up with me and ill you it to you in Kraken Isle it will take practice though.If training dummies would be added in guild halls it would be better than going on other maps.

FluffNStuff
06-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Training dummies would be great for checking out damage! BTW, what I use for damage testing is the bards tale daily you take across from the Auction in Trader's Market. You can kill the three 'bosses' which scale to your level and not kill the final boss. Then exit to another area and then go back to the quest and repeat.

Swede
06-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Should be pretty quick for me to put in.

JaytB
06-27-2013, 06:31 PM
+1 for dummies

Natrich
06-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Make sure we can customize the armor of the dummy :P

wolf17
06-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Make sure we can customize the armor of the dummy :P
Yeah, this is mainly for pvp, so if the dummies can a customizable armor, it would be much more accurate. I've had friends that have used me as a practice dummy before, but that would only be semi accurate for a rouge's armor. But still this idea is very nice.
+1

Kraze
06-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Or a guild hall "sparing" area to practice doesn't need to count k/d but would be sweet to learn in

Natrich
06-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Or a guild hall "sparing" area to practice doesn't need to count k/d but would be sweet to learn in

Been suggested already and its a good idea but this is much easier

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
06-27-2013, 09:44 PM
just like inside stormwind in WoW? lol

ultimaga95
06-27-2013, 09:52 PM
That would be a cool idea, kind of like the dummies in the game Dungeon Defenders where you attack it and it tells you the damage and dps you did.

psychoscream
06-28-2013, 01:05 AM
actually this idea exist is several mmorpgs lotro,wow...
but it still a great idea +1

Imhotareyou
06-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Everyone came up with other ideas just like a Training Center where your enemies attack you and you have to battle them but i think this would be easier for the producers to make and its a lot more simple.

Syylent
06-28-2013, 09:11 AM
I am the practice dummy. I always have people testing different things on me in pvp.

5 AS crits in a row is nasty..

gaararhen
06-29-2013, 04:29 AM
+1!!!

Taejo
06-30-2013, 03:53 PM

Any way we could have the dummies show debuffs as well, so we know how long they last and which ones stack/don't stack?

Valsacar
07-02-2013, 03:59 AM
Any way we could have the dummies show debuffs as well, so we know how long they last and which ones stack/don't stack?

+1 on that!

Noobiam
07-02-2013, 04:08 AM
+1 for training dummies

Linkincena
07-24-2013, 09:53 PM
Hey Swede... any dummies coming up man?

Obi
08-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Hey Swede... any dummies coming up man?

same question..

Soundlesskill
08-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Is Swede from Sweden? LOL sorry .-.

MfKaz
08-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Sounds awesome!. Need more practice for my PvP
+1

Osabevie
08-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Same question too lols

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-06-2013, 12:54 AM
before, I was wary about having this... but now I think its beneficial. Esp on testing procs and stuff (Skill damage, melt armor, etc)

Nesox
08-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Would be nice if mana was infinite while in this training room so that we aren't wasting pots training either. Just boosting the regen significantly in this area should work.

Also having stats stay up until another attack is made would make things easier to see. The damage numbers often dissapear too fast to be read effectively. Especially if blocked buy a crit indicator or multiple hits.

Linkincena
08-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Would be nice if mana was infinite while in this training room so that we aren't wasting pots training either. Just boosting the regen significantly in this area should work.

Also having stats stay up until another attack is made would make things easier to see. The damage numbers often dissapear too fast to be read effectively. Especially if blocked buy a crit indicator or multiple hits.
Good idea...

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-06-2013, 11:00 PM
for me, having normal mana is quite good too. at least i can learn how to budget it in doing killing blows. As if in a real battle. If there's infinite mana then yes I can see how much damage i can do and experiment a lil more but I dunno how long it will actually last and how much skills and combo attacks I can actually throw in one full mana bar.

Dlanor
08-09-2013, 01:11 PM
for me, having normal mana is quite good too. at least i can learn how to budget it in doing killing blows. As if in a real battle. If there's infinite mana then yes I can see how much damage i can do and experiment a lil more but I dunno how long it will actually last and how much skills and combo attacks I can actually throw in one full mana bar.

True.. I like this idea of training dummies, but the whole point of training is to learn what you can do with what you have and make it more efficient to work for yourself. I also think this would make people want to invest in guild halls even more.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-10-2013, 02:02 AM
training areas in guild halls would be perfect then. or maybe an added portion to be bought by plats. It would be a plus for recruiting guilds. It would be like "Join our guild, kind and pro members! we also have training hall!"

Venom
08-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Great Idea! Need a Punching Bag in Guild Hall!!!!!!!!!

ZeroGh
08-11-2013, 01:37 PM
-maybe ->check the skills (the definition of each skill),to know the stats
-dummies for newbies
-i tested my skills long time to know my damage (pvp room) --> test ur skills once nd ull know ur damage
-practice to master ur skills then go pvp

Kjalisi
08-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Great idea!

I'd rather see this as an individual room than a training dummy in guild hall. Just like an extra door in windmoore and kraag that leads to "training grounds" leading to a small hall with a training dummy in the centre just a mob with ridiculously high health which doesn't attack.

Agreed that mana should decrease as normal though for "training purpose", perhaps just putting a few couple of mana packs in there so that we can replenish when necessary.

Another interesting concept would be to be able to test out different skill sets here so on entering this training hall... you would enter the skill build you wanted to test/train with. This would allow us to experiment with different builds and test them out on the dummies to compare damage etc.