PDA

View Full Version : Item packs (no longer) suck

Folke Sonin
10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Devs:

All the item pack drop rates suck. I have spent 100 platinum and have got nothing but costumes and white and yellow junk. At least drop one item per pack green or better with NO WHITES EVER!!!

Otherwise I will never buy another item pack.

The normal item packs still drop trash whites with 0 gold value.
ALL item packs need to drop a green or higher to be even worth 5 platinum. I bought some more Halloween item packs thinking they were now 5 platinum. So you suckered me again on that. However, I will now never ever ever waste platinum on an item pack without a guaranteed green or higher with no whites.

BeardedBear
10-20-2010, 07:37 AM
I just wanted to say holy crap to you, for spending that much on item packs. I take it your a gamblin' man?

FluffNStuff
10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Devs:

All the item pack drop rates suck. I have spent 100 platinum and have got nothing but costumes and white and yellow junk. At least drop one item per pack green or better with NO WHITES EVER!!!

Otherwise I will never buy another item pack.

Just so you know, you will NEVER get something from an item pack that is better then the rares in the game.

asommers
10-20-2010, 10:26 AM
In the latest content update, we addressed the issues with the item packs (duplicates, chance for pink, etc.) and refunded half of the plat spent on them to anyone that purchased them before the update.

-ALS

Arterra
10-20-2010, 12:08 PM
i got a witches hat... all i was looking for ^_^
is there better though?

setec
10-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah, is that witches hat available also as a boss drop in Halloween Manor or must get it by buying Halloween packs that hopefully have it?

Fyrce
10-20-2010, 11:57 PM
I got three packs, two with same costumes (Djinn and Human) and the "other" item for all three was a witch hat. So now I can go around with witch hat on...well AFTER Halloween I guess.

BeardedBear
10-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Yeah, is that witches hat available also as a boss drop in Halloween Manor or must get it by buying Halloween packs that hopefully have it?

Nope, just available in the packs unfortunately. That seems to be the only unique aspect of the packs. Royce mentioned he got a pink doll (I think it was a doll) that was different from the one the boss drops, but looks the same, with even worse stats.

Royce
10-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Nope, just available in the packs unfortunately. That seems to be the only unique aspect of the packs. Royce mentioned he got a pink doll (I think it was a doll) that was different from the one the boss drops, but looks the same, with even worse stats.

This is true, though I absolutely needed both to complete my bracer collection ;) (still need the greens...)
I am actually quite happy with my pack purchases. I bought 4, got a pink doll, pink broom, and most of the costumes, some repeats, but I have like 9 characters so that's okay. I will more than likely buy at least a couple more before the month ends (want that hat...).

Yanis
10-21-2010, 01:48 PM
I apologize in advance for the shameless self-promotion, but I have added a list of all the pinks (to my knowledge) that can be purchased with platinum here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8356-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Dark-Forest-to-Fathom-Crypt).

Folke Sonin
10-26-2010, 04:39 PM
In the latest content update, we addressed the issues with the item packs (duplicates, chance for pink, etc.) and refunded half of the plat spent on them to anyone that purchased them before the update.

-ALS
You just addressed the Halloween item packs and not the other ones. I have never gotten anything better than a green from the normal item pack. In addition, the normal item packs drop trash whites with one good item maybe if you are lucky.