PDA

View Full Version : Alert! Alert! Need help with word 2007! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

tjornan
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Ya so i was typing a paper, and was doing a bibliography on it. I saved then went to bed, and when i woke up, i pulled it up, and lo and behold, it wasnt there on my computer. I thought "No biggie i can pull it up on recent documents" i went to recents and it was there, but i clicked on it and it said

"This file could not be found."
(E:\Bibliography)

in those exact words....
so what can i do to get it back? seriously it would takeforever to retype it. ugh. HELP! thanks in advance!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-19-2010, 12:27 AM
And r u SURE you didn't print it out?

If you didn't, then you're screwed.... Ask your friends for a second copy of theirs quickly (which is extremely risky) or just find the time to retype it

jonboy
10-19-2010, 12:31 AM
Look for a recovery version, if you know one of the books or authors in you bible, then you could search for a reference in a file.

PhatNinja
10-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Restart you computer and when you open word it should have alittle tab on the peft saying something like unsaved documents that you can recover. If this doesn't work than your screwed! That's why I always email myself the document just in case

krizz83
10-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Just a thought.

The path E:\Bibliography, makes me think that maybe you saved it on an USB device.

E:\ is typically external devices, such as CD-ROM, DVD, USB, etc.

BeardedBear
10-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Just a thought.

The path E:\Bibliography, makes me think that maybe you saved it on an USB device.

E:\ is typically external devices, such as CD-ROM, DVD, USB, etc.

Good thought. Also, 2007 Word DOES have a recovery option, you don't see anything for that? It autosaves by default.

This should help, hopefully. http://www.hackcollege.com/2007/10/17/10-ways-to-find-a-lost-word-doc/