PDA

View Full Version : Is zurus shock lance still e best 1 hand weapon for pally on ao3??

shinhwakid
10-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Do u agree or u have better 1 hand weapon to recommend pls post ur reply.

Zeus
10-18-2010, 09:31 PM
For a pally the zuraz lance was never considered the best lance, the conqueror's was because of the crit hit.

Zeus
10-18-2010, 09:34 PM
However for strength bird or warrior zuraz lance is still the best one handed weapon.

Royce
10-18-2010, 09:48 PM
For a warrior the lance is still the best in terms of damage. For a paladin, I have always held that Djinn spears are better. Their proc reduces armor more than the lance, and since pallys do a ton of damage with their skills, not weapons, that is important. Plus the spear came in Thoth. For level 50 it's close. You have the harpoon and the AO2 shock lance. The same proc issue applies, but the harpoon comes only with Destiny or purple, or green stats, so the Thoth advantage is gone. I'm going with a harpoon for now though simply because of the added armor reduction.

Arterra
10-18-2010, 09:58 PM
i prefer spears due to I find it gets me less boss aggro... lets me help whole party's damage output and keeps me alive lol...

KingFu
10-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Vibra IMO, vibra has a combo called exacute that I believe lowers the opponents damage, dps, and armor all by 50!

Royce
10-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Vibra IMO, vibra has a combo called exacute

But that's a bear combo, you need hellscream right? So it doesn't so much apply to pallys. Yeah, you'll probably be playing with warriors who will use hellscream, but I'd still take either a lance or harpoon over a 1-hand sword. 1-hand swords are terrible against high armor (not fully debuffed) opponents, and in PvP. The lance or harpoon also gives you a bit of extra range which is really useful for a paladin. And finally weapon damage (not DPS) also influences skill damage, so a pally wants a high damage (not DPS) weapon.

KingFu
10-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah Royce, I'm tired (yes, a lame excuse) so I didn't notice th pally part;)

I would recommend a harpoon personally, otherwise, a zuraz (for dodge) or conqs (for dodge and crit) lance would probably be my choice.

Royce
10-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Here's the other thing, if you do end up going with a lance, keep at least a purple or green harpoon as a backup (they have arguably better stats than the pink anyway). If you find your self in a group where someone else is using a lance, switch to the harpoon. In testing, lance procs never appear to stack, so if two people are using lances against a boss, the proc of one is wasted. IOW against a boss with two lances you get -15 armor, with one lance and one spear/harpoon it will drop at points as low as -60 or more.

shinhwakid
10-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Wow guys thx for all of your advice.

For me I using zurus is becuz of dodge in order to increase my survivability when playing ao3 map and also cuz it got higher dmg than harpoon until u guys said tat harpoon is better in dmg due to the armour proc and lesser chance in aggro(dunno if true but will try it later lol). Cuz if zurus lance is not the best for pally I will consider to sell it for $$$ to buy overlord helm cuz anw I got Thoth spear and harpoon of destiny( it's pink and I actually liquidated all purple and below harpoon lol).

I notice tat for pally if ur armour is below 130, even with tanker pot u are unable to survive in ao3 map specially dealing with snipers and bosses. So now with armour above 160 without buff plus additional dodge enable me to tank boss ( but drain hp pot) in case bear down and at least a pally is there to be sub tank and Rez the rest. That's my idea of having a pally with more armour and dodge rate.

Warlogz
10-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Here's the other thing, if you do end up going with a lance, keep at least a purple or green harpoon as a backup (they have arguably better stats than the pink anyway). If you find your self in a group where someone else is using a lance, switch to the harpoon. In testing, lance procs never appear to stack, so if two people are using lances against a boss, the proc of one is wasted. IOW against a boss with two lances you get -15 armor, with one lance and one spear/harpoon it will drop at points as low as -60 or more.

How do you check on the amount of armor reduced?

jonboy
10-19-2010, 07:24 AM
He looks at it. :)

Warlogz
10-19-2010, 07:40 AM
He looks at it. :)

Yeah I know. My question was how do you look at it? :o

Royce
10-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Yeah I know. My question was how do you look at it? :o

Tested in PvP where one person can hit the other while they are watching their avatar screen for changes ;)

cry
10-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Toughie owns with them on warrior, so I would guess yes, maybe not.

But, lances never were that effective for pally, maybe a spear?

shinhwakid
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Toughie owns with them on warrior, so I would guess yes, maybe not.

But, lances never were that effective for pally, maybe a spear?

I'm using harpoon now and amazingly the dmg is higher than zuraz lance. So I guess I'll be using harpoon for now.

teerex
10-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Great thread, I'm also keen to find out which is the best one handed weapon for pally. How are you going with Harpoon shinhwakki? Which one are you using?

shinhwakid
10-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Great thread, I'm also keen to find out which is the best one handed weapon for pally. How are you going with Harpoon shinhwakki? Which one are you using?

I'm using laser void now lol, converted my my pally to dexmage. Last weapon I use before switching was conq lance for the extra crit and dodge rate.