PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

Aloha
10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
I only recently started this game, and I tried it out like a couple months back.
Anyway, I've been searching threads on this forum, and it seems that this "Thoth" item has gone extinct, being that it has the best m/s around making it useful for warriors and archers whatnot. Anyway, seems that the prices for this type of item has sky-rocketed, and seeing that new players like me wouldn't be able to afford these rare items, and we really want to be unique classes like everyone else can. So going a little off-topic here, but if anyone could giveaway any thoth items that I could use for a paladin, that'd be great and I'd really appreciate it. And before you go saying to check out threads because people have supposedly been giving away free "pinks", I've done so, and I added these players in-game, but they never showed up online. Only one of them accepted my request, but went straight offline afterwards.

smoae
10-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I'm afraid there's a flaw in your logic.

1. Now the thoth items that give great stats don't drop anymore, they're extremely rare, and the prices have skyrocketed
2. I would like one of these for free.

Lol that was just for the joke. Actually, only the level 50 Thoth items have stopped dropping, and by the time you get to level 50, they will have probably fixed it.

Royce
10-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Thoth still drops, but not level 50 Thoth. However, the thing is this, they are not that much better than the level 45s anyway so don't even worry about it. If you're a level 50 pally just use a piece or two of level 45 Thoth. The level 50 helm, for instance, would have 1 more armor than the level 45, and the shield like 4 more maybe. It's really not a big deal. Giving Thoth and Isis to every class in the first place was a mistake IMO, so I'm actually kind of glad they stopped it...

Aloha
10-18-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm afraid there's a flaw in your logic.

1. Now the thoth items that give great stats don't drop anymore, they're extremely rare, and the prices have skyrocketed
2. I would like one of these for free.

Lol that was just for the joke. Actually, only the level 50 Thoth items have stopped dropping, and by the time you get to level 50, they will have probably fixed it.
So there's still lv40 - 45 Thoth items from AO1 and 2 that drop?

Royce
10-18-2010, 11:45 PM
So there's still lv40 - 45 Thoth items from AO1 and 2 that drop?

Yes, what happened was that when AO3 came out, AO2 items still dropped there along with the new top AO3 pinks. After a few days, they added new lower tier pink and new purple and green varieties. At that time they removed all the AO2 type pinks from AO3, including Thoth (and also removed the long running lower pink/purple varieties and I think green and oranges). But nothing has changed with AO1 or AO2.

Aloha
10-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Yes, what happened was that when AO3 came out, AO2 items still dropped there along with the new top AO3 pinks. After a few days, they added new lower tier pink and new purple and green varieties. At that time they removed all the AO2 type pinks from AO3, including Thoth (and also removed the long running lower pink/purple varieties and I think green and oranges). But nothing has changed with AO1 or AO2.

That's a relief, I guess I can continue my AO2 progress, but hopefully there are people that won't need Thoth at the time.