PDA

View Full Version : Petition!!!!!!!!! TO KEEP THE COSTUMES!!!!!

Zeus
10-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Hey Devs I just wanted to say thanks for the halloween update. Few things however. I don't think its right to pay for something we have to return so with all due respect, please let us keep the costumes as I love mine and would hate to see it go. All that support please post on this forums and hopefully a developer will see it.

setec
10-19-2010, 12:39 AM
I was thinking about this. They probably don't want people running around all year with Halloween costumes, especially with Christmas coming up. I only rented 1 costume with my highest level char (48) so that I could do the quests and not worry about the bosses. I don't plan on spending more plat or even buying the packs given the comments I've read on the forum.

So, why not a compromise? Have the costumes be permanent but only work between 10/19 & 11/01 each year ? Or have them last till 10/19/2011 so that you have to do the new Halloween quests then.

jonboy
10-19-2010, 12:55 AM
But you purchased it knowing it was a rental and now you want to keep it? Would you have paid the kind of plat it would have coat for a permeant one?

PhatNinja
10-19-2010, 01:09 AM
I was thinking about this. They probably don't want people running around all year with Halloween costumes, especially with Christmas coming up. I only rented 1 costume with my highest level char (48) so that I could do the quests and not worry about the bosses. I don't plan on spending more plat or even buying the packs given the comments I've read on the forum.

So, why not a compromise? Have the costumes be permanent but only work between 10/19 & 11/01 each year ? Or have them last till 10/19/2011 so that you have to do the new Halloween quests then.

I agree with the last part! It would actually make me want to buy it

KingFu
10-19-2010, 01:18 AM
I agree, although I doubt this would happen.

Maybe at November 1, and ONLY on Nov 1, you can pay an extra, let's say, 30 plat, to keep the costume for 6 months to a year. That way, not everyone can go walking around in a costume, it'll have more value, and of course, not cost 5 plat to use it all year.

Azrael
10-19-2010, 01:23 AM
No. Being able to keep it and only use it holloween week next year. Beyond that.. No using costumes after holloween

pooop
10-19-2010, 02:34 AM
the way i see it, the costumes should stay. they should be one time rewards for playing the game and paying platinum. over time as accounts get abandoned we will see less of them.

setec
10-19-2010, 03:06 AM
Another point though, if you think about it, the 5p is really just so your character can have access to the Haunted Manor instance over and over and over again with a chance to get some pink/purple items which may or may not be better than what you have now.

King Richie
10-19-2010, 03:27 AM
Costumes shouldnt stay ... we would still be seing skeletons and zombies here in november ! ... be happy with the loot , the pumpkin helm and the candy bags !

Inching
10-19-2010, 03:36 AM
its like the 250 stash slots for us old timers and new joiners dont have this... anyone who bot a costume by say end of the week can keep it and others expire Nov 1. This wont be the first time different players enjoy different benifits.

icantgetkills
10-19-2010, 03:57 AM
I believe you can keep the costume for atleast a while and when Halloween is over people will get sick of the costumes anyway and use them on off so Keep them :).

Warchanter
10-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Just be happy we got them :) I think it's awesome. Just
Think of the 5
Plat paid for the pumpkin head and treat bag. Agree they shouldn't stay.

SpeedWeed
10-19-2010, 06:19 AM
introduce monthly rental costumes for 2 plat. add special ones for every major holiday.

ppl are willing to pay to look different. constant flow of income for STS.

it works for maplestory. it'll work for this game.

I do not agree with perma holiday/special event costumes.

Kalielle
10-19-2010, 07:15 AM
I think it would be confusing to have people running around in costumes all the time. I died in a game yesterday and had to ask "is there a mage around" because I couldn't tell what class everyone was. :D I like to be able to see right away what class people are and what equipment they're wearing. Costumes are fun for a while but in the long run it would get annoying to have to take forever to figure out what each player is.

If they're going to keep them permanently, a good compromise would be to make it so people could only wear them in towns. That way they can dress up to show off but it wouldn't affect gameplay.

jonboy
10-19-2010, 07:20 AM
I've been asked five times in grps what my class was when wearing my crocs outfit.

araziza
10-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Heh, not knowing classes may help with the booting problem

setec
10-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Actually I love that there is no booting in Haunted Mansion.

As for monthly charges for anything, I wouldn't go for it.

BeardedBear
10-19-2010, 08:02 AM
NO COSTUMES ALL YEAR. no. just no.

Justg
10-19-2010, 08:23 AM
We don't do petitions, and the costumes are rentals. The other stuff stays as uber-cool loot though!

Zeus
10-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Ugh ok fine. But will we b able to rerent the costumes come next Halloween? Because I really hope that we could since I love my skeleton costume

Justg
10-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Of course... we'll put them all in the StS Warehouse and bring them back out next year!

Vyvin
10-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Yea
JustG I'm looking for a clerk/manager position of the STS PL warehouse contact me plz
Will post resume if needed
/Vyvin

Stratospaly
10-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Yea
JustG I'm looking for a clerk/manager position of the STS PL warehouse contact me plz
Will post resume if needed
/Vyvin

Wouldnt that be like giving a kid the key to a candy store?

Bludd
10-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Signed . .

TwinkTastical
10-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Some people (me) have witch hats which we keep =D?

shadywack
10-19-2010, 11:11 AM
We don't do petitions, and the costumes are rentals. The other stuff stays as uber-cool loot though!

Gotta love it when you get the straight dope like that :D

Cascade
10-19-2010, 11:14 AM
I scammed myself and spent 75P and now a I have 7 of one costume and 5 of others and multiples of every costume...

Purist
10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
I agree that we should be able to keep it limits the game go to www.aqworld.com you can keep all things you get makes the game more diverse and would certainly encourage me to play more know I could show off a costume that I brought with my money.

Deva may not agree but if they want the game to expand as the game above has then surely it would be better to know be so short sited and take a great creation away

Arterra
10-19-2010, 11:17 AM
I better have my PUMPKING HAELM. I mean, I just wrote it normally and it autocorrected to capped awesomeness lool

Arterra
10-19-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree that we should be able to keep it limits the game go to www.aqworld.com you can keep all things you get makes the game more diverse and would certainly encourage me to play more know I could show off a costume that I brought with my money.

Deva may not agree but if they want the game to expand as the game above has then surely it would be better to know be so short sited and take a great creation away

Yea istill have a berserk bunny suit from years ago.. Gotta revisist this game lol.
The thing is that people will wear it, but it goes terribly "out of fashion" and unused as new stiff rolls in.

reddragon72
10-19-2010, 12:32 PM
Of course... we'll put them all in the StS Warehouse and bring them back out next year!

Man that sucks, I'm waiting on Android and PC and I'll have to wait a whole year to get to wear them :(

cry
10-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Maybe there will be Xmas costumes x) And I vote this down.

TwinkTastical
10-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Ill Show off my witch hat all year round

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-19-2010, 03:32 PM
its like the 250 stash slots for us old timers and new joiners dont have this... anyone who bot a costume by say end of the week can keep it and others expire Nov 1. This wont be the first time different players enjoy different benifits.

yeah lol i joined the day the game came out and i have 250 slots for all my characters lol :)( even though I havent been playing for like 3-4 months

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-19-2010, 03:37 PM

btw how many stash spots do new players get?

kurl
10-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Another point though, if you think about it, the 5p is really just so your character can have access to the Haunted Manor instance over and over and over again with a chance to get some pink/purple items which may or may not be better than what you have now.

hahahah thats when your wrong ... the pinks die out when halloween dies so.... no more drops after nov 1.. so its 5 plat for 2 week on everything

xera
10-19-2010, 04:02 PM
btw how many stash spots do new players get?

5 stash spots :(:(:(

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-20-2010, 08:13 AM
ahah really only 5? wat the lol :)