PDA

View Full Version : "Easy way out" for Child's Play Achievement

Natrich
06-29-2013, 03:02 PM
First of all, I've barely complained about anything in this game(the only thing being mage stunlock and windmill glitch near the beginning of PVP, both of which have been fixed)

This achievement, like those previous problems, is pretty absurd. It's pure luck and nothing else. I think there should be another way to get this achievement, just like how there is a secondary route to get the arcane achievement rather than just looting. You can now earn enough gold in order to purchase an arcane egg from someone else to get the achievement.

So I'm proposing that players can defeat 100 opponents in the arena in order to earn a fight with the challenger.

P.S. This isn't just a selfish suggestion, I know a lot of players who have been just as unlucky as myself and haven't found the challenger. Even if I found him in the next hour, I'd still try hard to get this suggestion passed

Taejo
06-29-2013, 03:15 PM
First of all, I've barely complained about anything in this game(the only thing being mage stunlock and windmill glitch near the beginning of PVP, both of which have been fixed)

This achievement, like those previous problems, is pretty absurd. It's pure luck and nothing else. I think there should be another way to get this achievement, just like how there is a secondary route to get the arcane achievement rather than just looting. You can now earn enough gold in order to purchase an arcane egg from someone else to get the achievement.

So I'm proposing that players can defeat 100 opponents in the arena in order to earn a fight with the challenger.

P.S. This isn't just a selfish suggestion, I know a lot of players who have been just as unlucky as myself and haven't found the challenger. Even if I found him in the next hour, I'd still try hard to get this suggestion passed

I agree. I think it was Carapace or Swede who said that they wanted to keep this achievement very difficult to obtain. Yet, your idea still keeps this a difficult feat. Maybe increase it to 150 just to keep everyone happy (devs and players)

And not to throw your thread onto a tangent - but the "kill X boss 100 times" idea would be a nice slew of additional achievements to the game anyway.

Natrich
06-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Well, turns out I got it just hours after starting this thread. I got invited to a party where someone already found the challenger and we killed it after I joined the arena. Still, that doesn't make the achievement any less ridiculous to me. For example, the person who had helped me out happened to find the challenger TWICE in the same HOUR. Others have not found it once in weeks...

Linkincena
06-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Haven't found the challenger in over 100 runs till now :/

Obi
07-01-2013, 01:28 AM
I know the pain and fully support such a change. I found him myself after 3 days of looking and restarting arena alone.. invited 3 lucky friends to get that achievement. Still it was a lot easier than obtaining the arcane achievement because it cost my time only..

Uzii
07-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Good idea. I dont understand why it must be luck based. it can never happen :/.

Spending myself days in the arena fighting still didnt meet him once. And i mean days, i do nothing just fight in the arena. I think he is a myth.

iluvataris
07-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Agree with this thread.. I've Tride, and Tride... and Tride some more..... gets so boreing...

Linkincena
07-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Challenger is a myth lol...
Did 100 runs yesterday. .. no challenger

Pivot
07-04-2013, 02:10 PM
it poped up on me the third time i did arena and me and my friends were like wtf a noob kill him!

thekdub
07-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I don't know how many runs I've done, but I'm guessing more than 100. Still no challenger. So frustrating.

Anonymousss
02-10-2014, 04:36 AM
Brauche hilfe wie bekomme ich das archiv ''child play''

Solid
02-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Make it 1000 to earn challenger.

Erdnase
02-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Dont get me started about the challenger! :p

Kakashis
02-10-2014, 05:22 PM
I've been running arena for months and no challenger. Just the other week on my second solo run in awhile there he was!

Solid
02-10-2014, 08:26 PM
I've been running arena for months and no challenger. Just the other week on my second solo run in awhile there he was!

One run a day?

inkredible
02-10-2014, 09:44 PM
do party solo. they do appear as first boss sometimes :)
ive gotten em quite few times

Energizeric
02-10-2014, 11:38 PM
One of only 2 times I have ever been lucky in AL was the first time I ever went in Arena, the second boss was Challenger. The other time was when I looted my level 26 kraken skewer of brutality my first (and only time during Kraken expansion) to defeat Bloodhammer in Elite Skull Cove. Other than those two times, my luck is awful.

Serancha
02-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Challenger is much less rare now than it originally was.

Ihateppl
02-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Gosh, having a achievement bassed on pure luck, so absorbed... Almost all aps are based on luck, look at arcane and myhtic aps, its the luck that makes it fun

Ebebaarave
03-28-2018, 12:28 AM

P.S. This isn't just a selfish suggestion, I know a lot of players who have been just as unlucky as myself and haven't found the challenger. Even if I found him in the next hour, I'd still try hard to get this suggestion passedi didnt got it... i had over 200 runs ;(

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk

Lojack
03-30-2018, 02:49 PM
Ah, the smell of dusty old threads

Xxkayakxx
04-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Lol

11 chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarsmaybemooo oore