PDA

View Full Version : New campaign suggestions

Samtrumpet
10-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi,

This is a thread with suggestions for new campaigns. New suggestions are welcome!

If you want to have your own ideas added to the list, send me a pm!

My ideas:

- Setting: A cross between Rivendell (from Lord of the Rings) and Stormwind (from World of Warcraft), but surrounded by water. So you're running over bridges (with water under it), under arches, ... in the open air.
- Enemies: Jelly water monsters / people with rakes and torches / elves.
- Bosses: Probably an enemy that is bigger sized than the rest.
- Gear: Pointy armor, hats, weapons, shields with yellow and black colors. Elvish looking.
- Music: Peaceful, relaxed, calm but also majestic.

- Setting: Volcano. Lots of lava rivers, lava waterfalls, smoke, ... You get the idea ;)
- Enemies: Lava monsters / minotaurs.
- Bosses: Dragons!!!!!!
- Gear: Rocky hats, weapons, armor and shields that's on fire or glows a bit from the lava.
- Music: The music that is used for most of the already existing campaigns (Dark Forest, Lost Expedition, ...) will probably do fine.

- Setting: Space station / meteor. Probably both. So walking through a moon base or something. Lots of white and gray colors.
- Enemies: Some more aliens like we saw in Alien Oasis part 2 and 3 / astronauts.
- Bosses: Again maybe oversized enemies i just mentioned.
- Gear: Futuristic gear.
- Music: I don't know... Maybe a theme with a musical saw (used in A LOT of alien stuff on tv), but I guess that would be very irritating after a while so I'm not sure about that.

- Setting: Underwater. There are some possibilities how this can be done. For example: walking through a tube, surrounded by water where you can see fish and sharks and stuff (like you see in aquatopia or something). Or maybe an underwater cave where water is dripping from the ceiling.
- Enemies: Crabs, sharks, fish, ...
- Bosses: A giant octopus!!!
- Gear: Transparant hats, armor, weapons and shields with water dripping from it.
- Music: Maybe something new ;) please not like Jaws, but rather slow, mysterious music.

- Setting: Cloud city (i don't mean Bespin from Star Wars :p). Walking on platforms that have an ancient Greece feeling (pillars, ...), floating in the air, connected with (wooden) bridges. The sky (around the platforms when you kinda look down) can be bright, maybe even without clouds, and in another level in the campaign, it can be dark and stormy.
- Enemies: Maybe birds or fighting clouds :D i don't know.
- Bosses: Oversized birds?...
- Gear: This is kinda hard... Maybe halo's as hats? Hats, armor, weapons and shields with smoke.
- Music: No idea.

- Setting: Magic forest. I imagine this like the plants that lit up at night in the movie Avatar. So you're in a forest with all these beautifull illuminating plants. Primary colors here are flashy. Mostly blue, green and orange/yellow.
- Enemies: Carnivorous plants, (big) lightbugs, snakes, ... They are all lit like the plants.
- Bosses: Giant mushroom, giant tree, anaconda, ... Again, all lit like the plants.
- Gear: Glowing hats and armor, leaf/mushroom hats and armor, glowing swords, glowing bows made out of branches covered in moss, same with the staffs, glowing mossy shields.
- Music: Anything's possible here.

- Setting: Wilderness. African style. Set in tall grass or open fields with african trees and huts. Farther into the campaign, you get into more dangerous and smaller areas with aggressive tribes and stuff.
- Enemies: If its possible in a game to fight against animals and people: lions, rhinos, crocodiles, panthers, big snakes, ...
- Bosses: Voodoo tribe man, lion leader, ...
- Gear: Animalhide, leather, bone armor, ... Not sure what could be used for weapons.
- Music: African music. Lots of congas, didgeridoos, bongos, drums, ...

- Setting: Maya/Aztec temple. Maybe start in the jungle near a river, then Maya/Aztec village (ruins, ruins and more ruins), then inside a Maya/Aztec temple.
- Enemies: I'm not quite sure what you can encounter there...
- Bosses: Same thing, no idea.
- Gear: Probably stonelike armor with some moss on it. Also stone swords, bows and staffs.
- Music: This can be anything but I prefer if it changes inside the temple. So the outside (jungle) is maybe the music from balefort castle and stuff, in the village it could be the music from Alien Oasis and inside the temple probably more scary music.

*NEW*
- Setting: Haunted Mansion. Quite obvious what you would expect here: a very big, old scary mansion with holes in the floor, windows smashed, ... Best is if it's raining with thunder and lightning.
- Enemies: Ghosts, knight statues, dust monsters or something :p
- Bosses: Giant ghosts, maybe the Frankenstein monster?
- Gear: I'm not sure what gear could be collected here.
- Music: The music from Balefort Castle would work. But the sound of rain and thunder should be added too.

Ideas by Rextab:

- Setting: An orient themed zone. Starting on a boat, then on land in a destroyed village, then a bamboo forest and finally an oriental style temple.
- Enemies: Humanoid tigers, maybe pandas or monkeys.
- Bosses: Big Chinese dragons.
- Gear: Asian hats, ninja/samurai armor, dragon armor, monk robes, samurai/ninja swords, Asian bows, Asian staffs (no idea how that would look like), dragon type shields.
- Music: Asian music.

If I come up with more ideas, I will edit this post.

Feel free to comment and give your thoughts and ideas about this!

Bludd
10-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I like second.

Arterra
10-19-2010, 11:13 AM
I like the idea of music. Period. It's all so similar...
Ps I want a island hopping thing too wow...

Samtrumpet
10-19-2010, 11:30 AM
And what do you have in mind?

smoae
10-19-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm sure the devs will get to lots of different themes. They got
Forest
Castle
Crypts
Mountain/ice
Jungle/swamp
Desert
Futuritisic kind of thing (ao3)

Most of them seem to follow envirormet themes, so I think water and fire levels might come, but I don't really think a space station would fit in...

regie831
10-19-2010, 04:15 PM
i like the first and second one..
jelly monsters?..why not :)

Tvis
10-19-2010, 05:19 PM
I've already started a thread for ideas for a new campaign. Check out the ideas listed and reply. Give some ideas as well!

Samtrumpet
10-20-2010, 03:02 AM
I've already started a thread for ideas for a new campaign. Check out the ideas listed and reply. Give some ideas as well!

Yea but i leave my ideas here, since i go into the details.

Samtrumpet
10-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Added a new idea for a campaign.

Gamelova
10-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Haha I can actually picture playing that.. and me wearing a squid helm, called Stingray something..

giayuan
10-31-2010, 12:01 AM
whose heard of:
MARIO!!!
in the games, they have different worlds, like water and volcano, etc.
why not similarize it?

Samtrumpet
10-31-2010, 05:14 AM
whose heard of:
MARIO!!!
in the games, they have different worlds, like water and volcano, etc.
why not similarize it?

Wait am i getting this correct? You want a mario-style campaign?
Or the ideas i suggested put together in 1 campaign?
Cause that means A LOT of work for the devs.

Samtrumpet
11-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Added a new idea for a campaign.

Rextab
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
i like the idea of a fire, water/river/beach, or cloud zone. those would be nice scenery additions to what is already there.

my idea of a fire based campaign would be a trip through various stages of a journey under the earth.
start with a somewhat sulfery desert, then a rocky area with some lava flows, then inside a normal cave with a bit of lava and fire, then into a geode (crystal cave), then finally into a full on molten filled hell type environment where the final battle of the campaign would await.

water campaign. follow a river to find the threat. this leads you to a series of lagoons. then you find a beach. then through a series of sandbars, then to a two stage temple the first above water and the second below water (and give the player characters little diving helmets so they can look like they are under water.

clouds campaign. work their way up a mountain style terrain. you then find a tower of babel style tower. you climb three floors of the tower. then you reach a cloudy environment where you are given magical wings by the Archer race to explore the realm of air. the first cloudy environment would be white and calm puffy clouds. the final level would be dark storm clouds.

Samtrumpet
11-02-2010, 12:45 PM
i like the idea of a fire, water/river/beach, or cloud zone. those would be nice scenery additions to what is already there.

my idea of a fire based campaign would be a trip through various stages of a journey under the earth.
start with a somewhat sulfery desert, then a rocky area with some lava flows, then inside a normal cave with a bit of lava and fire, then into a geode (crystal cave), then finally into a full on molten filled hell type environment where the final battle of the campaign would await.

water campaign. follow a river to find the threat. this leads you to a series of lagoons. then you find a beach. then through a series of sandbars, then to a two stage temple the first above water and the second below water (and give the player characters little diving helmets so they can look like they are under water.

clouds campaign. work their way up a mountain style terrain. you then find a tower of babel style tower. you climb three floors of the tower. then you reach a cloudy environment where you are given magical wings by the Archer race to explore the realm of air. the first cloudy environment would be white and calm puffy clouds. the final level would be dark storm clouds.

Wow and i thought i was going in-depth with my ideas :D

Everything you said is AWESOME! I would really like to see that in the game, although it will be A LOT of work for the developers since every level would look completely different and have new textures.
I don't know if you're aware of it, but you added the island idea in there as well what's also nice.

I can imagine everything you said, except for this sentence: "then you reach a cloudy environment where you are given magical wings by the Archer race to explore the realm of air."
can you explain this cause i can't quite grasp what you mean. When i read it, i thought like open world exploring, but that would change the mechanic of the game too! I think you meant something else :p

Rextab
11-02-2010, 01:38 PM
well what i meant was the level would still be in the same linear (walled in) path, but i mean seriously...you can't walk on clouds. so when in the cloud area you have little wings on your back...or heck to save animation/modeling just have some sort of little magical aura around your feet to signify you have some sort of spell that lets you float/walk on or above clouds.

i just like the thought of expanding themes and try to really represent a journey for the characters. varied scenery is also more interesting than just the same art assets rearranged over and over. ancient swamps for example i can barely tell the difference between the maps.

yeah the art assets would be a problem i guess. i think they would be awesome, but a bit ambitious. the water campaign and cloud campaign could reuse alot of current terrain assets or at the very least with slight modifications.
the fire one seems to be the most varied of those, but by my thinking even alot of that can be built with reskinned existing or new models.

thanks for the kind words. im a software developer and ive always wanted to work on a project like this. i'd love to do games for a living, but i've sorta fallen into the more every day sort of app development for companies, mostly for internal uses. however, my little dev company just put out our first real game we are totally proud of on the App Store. that being said i'd love to be a dev on something like PL. PL has so much good going for it. I hope they keep it up.

Samtrumpet
11-02-2010, 02:14 PM
I know walking on clouds isn't realistic, but what's realistic about PL anyway?

I completely agree with you. I can't tell the difference either. Not only in The Ancient Swamps, in most of the first released campaigns. Alien oasis 2, 3 were the ones with the most varied environments, so i guess they're going to do this more often in future campaigns.

What's the game called that your company released?

Rextab
11-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I private messages you the game title. Don't want to advertise my own stuff in another company's forums.

Samtrumpet
11-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Added a new idea to the list.

Rextab
11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
sam check your pm's. i sent you another idea for the list here. i liked the magic forest one you added.

Samtrumpet
11-04-2010, 04:33 PM
sam check your pm's. i sent you another idea for the list here. i liked the magic forest one you added.

And i pmed you back :p

Samtrumpet
11-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Added an idea from Rextab to the list. Notice that I also put in a Gear section in every campaign.

Samtrumpet
11-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Added a new idea to the list. African style campaign.

Samtrumpet
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Added another one to the list today: Maya/Aztec temple.

Pharcyde
11-28-2010, 03:37 AM
Campaign: Dreamland
Story: Helping a twisted old man in his dream.
How: He gives you a special potion to enter his dreams.
Quests: Defeat the monsters haunting him in his dreams (Curing his mental illness)
Bosses: Old memories manifesting themselves into powerful entities. Like a abusive father appearing as a Dark King in the dream.
Themes: Discovering the old mans past while unravelling deep, dark secrets. *Cut-sceens of memories throughout campaign*.
End: Curing the old man
Drops: Trippy glowing armors with odd shapes. (Mage hat with tenticals, bear armor made out of thick slimes, bird gear made out of strange mystical hides.)

Samtrumpet
11-28-2010, 07:51 AM
changed the look of the first post a bit to make it look more structured.

if you want to have your own ideas added to the list, pm me!

Samtrumpet
01-26-2011, 03:21 AM
The devs just mentioned that they will release a new dungeon soon that raises the level cap to 55.
Wonder if any of the mentioned levels will be used? ;)

Samtrumpet
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM
ok i thought of a sewers level today, but i just read that the next campaign will be in the Balefort Sewers...

Phoenixking
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Search phoenixking ideas and check my thread
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16835-A-new-dungeon-phoenixking-ideas this is link

Phoenixking
02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
You just say general ideas i could add more to yiur ideas but with your permission i'll put your name for credit

Kossi
02-01-2011, 04:36 PM
its a fail how none of those were used.. :(

Phoenixking
02-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Yea so much ideas but sonetimes its to much data

Samtrumpet
02-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Well im giving a new idea whenever i come up with one. And it doesnt mean that i write something, that they should do it exactly as i wrote.
And it's best to give a lot of info on the campaign, cause it can help the devs if they want to use the idea.

Phoenixking
02-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Yea i just thought of one.....a ghost town all dark and mysterious and dork powerful ghost as bosses now im posting it on thread if mine

Samtrumpet
02-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Yea i just thought of one.....a ghost town all dark and mysterious and dork powerful ghost as bosses now im posting it on thread if mine

What? Speak english man cause i couldnt figure out what the last sentence was.

If you want me to post your ideas, send me a private message ;)

Samtrumpet
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
New idea added to the list: Haunted Mansion

I know I'm one day late but whatever: Happy Easter!