PDA

View Full Version : Blocked MMO

Joesmo
04-29-2010, 01:25 PM
I know this probably doesn't apply to many people but is there anyway to make pocket legends not recognized as a MMO. I would like play at my school but they have a built in system that blocks all MMO's. I don't program and therefore have no idea what coding this entitles. Just thought'd id suggest it so I can play at school. :)

Thanks

setec
04-29-2010, 01:31 PM
What message do you get when trying to connect?

It is possible they are blocking the pocket legends game server or ports.

Joesmo
05-10-2010, 12:56 PM
What message do you get when trying to connect?

It is possible they are blocking the pocket legends game server or ports.

It says unable to connect to pocket legends. Please check your Internet connection.
Even though when I open pl it says I'm connected to the server.
Any suggestions?

flaimdude
05-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I know a little bit of programming (not that much though, and not so much with online haha), but since it says that you can connect to the server, it sounds like it can initially ping just to see if the server is up, but can't get any information from it because the information has keywords or whatever in it that your school filter recognizes and blocks. And you shouldn't be playing at school unless it's at lunch/free period. ;)

Rebel
05-10-2010, 05:54 PM
School is for learning and filling your mind with knowledge that will be useful in the future.... Pssshhhhhh who am I kidding. :)

KongsNutz
05-10-2010, 08:12 PM
The probably block port 80...... if so you are screwed.

Sorry :(

Ogediah
05-10-2010, 08:48 PM
The probably block port 80...... if so you are screwed.

Sorry :(

It wouldn't be blocking keywords from a programming perspective, this isn't google ;)
they block things with the firewall on the server. Port 80 is a popular port for many thing like limewire etc. (they aren't targetting mmo's alone.)

KongsNutz
05-10-2010, 09:15 PM
It wouldn't be blocking keywords from a programming perspective, this isn't google ;)
they block things with the firewall on the server. Port 80 is a popular port for many thing like limewire etc. (they aren't targetting mmo's alone.)

Exactly. Port 80 is probably blocked because schools always lock that port due to a bunch of non school apps using it.

Joesmo
05-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Exactly. Port 80 is probably blocked because schools always lock that port due to a bunch of non school apps using it.

Alright. It's to bad really, could have got through a lot boring classes.
Thanks guys.