PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Screenshot Contest! [Unofficial]

Dizko
10-19-2010, 11:29 AM
The competition is now over. Thanks to all who participated.

The judges are currently selecting their favourites and in just a day or two there will be a poll for voting.

Good luck to all!

http://www.bbsradio.com/userfiles/image/Image/Visible%20By%20Numbers/halloween-pumpkin.jpg
Hey guys!

To help keep the party going, I'm hosting a screenshot contest with some fun prizes ;)
I'll try to keep it a little different than what we are used to - since there has been a number of screenshot competitions recently. With that being said, there will be a few 'rules' to follow to make your screenshot a valid entry.
Before we move on, here are some of the important details about the contest itself.

When can we start?

It will start right now. Ready, set, go!
I understand it is a little early but I'm sure you guys would appreciate the head start. Just post your screenshots in the submissions thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?10436-Submissions-Unofficial-Halloween-Screenshot-Contest&p=102973#post102973). Feel free to post your screenshot in here also but please note that only pictures entered in the submission thread will be counted.

When does it end?

The contest will finish at 2200(pm) EST on the 28th Of October. Submissions after this time will not be accepted. The winnder will be announced a few days later. For now we will call it November 1st at 10pm EST.

So why should I participate in you silly unofficial contest Dizko?

First of all mate - enough of the attitude. *slap*
Secondly, there are some pretty nice prizes for the winner(s). These prizes are subject to change however, not in the bad way - in a good way, as donations and other additions will be put in as the contest progresses. So read the prize list and know that this is the very least you will get.

Prizes

3rd Place: 20,000 gold. Yummy!

2nd Place: 50,000 gold and a green halloween weapon. OoooOOooh.

1st Place: 300,000 gold, a Pink Halloween Weapon, and a free power levelling of 5 levels for any sub-level 30 character. Woot!

If that didn't tickle your pumpkins, take note that these prizes will only get better as we approach the end of the contest. As well as accepting donations from the gracious community, ;), I will be adding to them myself.

I can't be bothered taking part, but i'd love to help out

Lazy ***....*cough*, er I mean..Sure you can help out :D.

I'm looking for some judges for the competition, and will very lovingly accept any donations. This can be gold or halloween themed gear. (Please note that not all halloween gear is tradeable.) If you would like to donate, hook up with me in game (Dizko) or send a PM to me on this forum. Anyone who does donate will be mentioned right here.

Thanks to:

Yosinabe, for donating some spooky weapons!

How is the contest judged? Important.

Well done for reading this far, you will now have an edge over your competitors. This particular screenshot contest will require some flare, some brains, some je ne sais quoi, some ....something or other.
Basically the judges will be paying particular attention to screenshots that make us go "Hmm...what....Oh I see what he did there! Clever". Or even "Wow, that took some skill/organisation".

And of course it should be as halloween themed as possible, but no extra points for dead puppies or crying children.
Bonus points for halloween themed gear within the shot. The more the better.
So to sum up; screenshots that are 'cool' or 'look pretty' will maybe win, but screenshots with effort and clever thinking behind them will steal the show.

*NOTE: No Photoshop. Cropping should be the only edit made, if desired.*

The Judging Process in as follows; The judges will be responsible for sorting through the initial entries and selecting a number of them to go through to the next stage where the rest of the community will vote for the best.
Each judge will choose 1 screenshot they like. If a judge has entered the contest then obviously they are not allowed to choose their own. If two judges choose the same screenshot, then 1 judge will choose another and the previous screenshot goes through to the next voting stage as normal.

Judges:

Cascade
King Kamehameha
smoae
Arterra

And finally, if Spacetime decide to do their own halloween screenshot contest (which I think they should), don't be afraid to submit your entry to both contests. As far as this contest goes, that is perfectly acceptable.

Thats about it guys. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to let me know below.

Get those buttons snapping!

Dizko
10-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Submissions thread is now up.

Click here. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?10436-Submissions-Unofficial-Halloween-Screenshot-Contest&p=102973#post102973)

Cascade
10-19-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm defintely gunna join this is awesome :)

Chickdigcookies
10-19-2010, 11:37 AM
hmm, i wouldnt mind bagging another screen shot contest...count me in

cry
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
We have to wear a costume?

Dizko
10-19-2010, 11:50 AM
We have to wear a costume?

Nope.

Might help the theme, but how you achieve the theme is up to you.

Dizko
10-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks to Yosinabe, for donating some spooky weapons!

Cascade
10-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Did you get my pm Diz?

BeardedBear
10-19-2010, 12:02 PM
If that didn't tickle your pumpkins

You are really awesome. That it all.

Dizko
10-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Did you get my pm Diz?

Yep.

Judging has been changed:

The Judging Process in as follows; A team of judges (pm me to join) will be responsible for sorting through the initial entries and selecting a number of them to go through to the next stage where the rest of the community will vote for the best.
Each judge will choose 1 screenshot they like. If a judge has entered the contest then obviously they are not allowed to choose their own. If two judges choose the same screenshot, then 1 judge will choose another and the previous screenshot goes through to the next voting stage as normal.

Cascade
10-19-2010, 12:09 PM
I think the judges should secretly choose their choice of the screenie they like and then PM them to you so the judges don't vote for the same screenie just because someone else did.

Dizko
10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
I think the judges should secretly choose their choice of the screenie they like and then PM them to you so the judges don't vote for the same screenie just because someone else did.

Noted. Good idea.

CanonicalKoi
10-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks to Yosinabe, for donating some spooky weapons!

Awwwwwww...you're welcome. If I get any more, they're yours.

BeardedBear
10-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I can donate all classes of spooky items. They are just purps and greens.

IGN: beardedbear

Just ask!

Dizko
10-19-2010, 02:28 PM
I can donate all classes of spooky items. They are just purps and greens.

IGN: beardedbear

Just ask!

I will look out for you!

Dizko
10-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the helpfulness guys, we now have 4 judges on board. Looking for one more or so.

Thanks again to Yosinabe, those donations just keep coming and are much appreciated.

Other donations from other people are also on the way so keep an eye out as those prizes keep on getting better. :D

Dizko
10-22-2010, 02:29 AM
bump.

/10chars

Arterra
10-22-2010, 02:47 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/dizko.jpg
grats, u now be a member of the recognized members club :)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Im in can i be a judge?

Xxkrazyredxx
10-22-2010, 04:44 PM
K I uploaded my screenshot to your PLs facebook they said it's alright so hope u guys see it!

Grankledude
10-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm in http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af145/grankledude/89e9c7a0.png quote: I'm smack-o's twin soul!

Dizko
10-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi Grankledude, glad your in, make sure you put the image in the submissions thread :)

And thanks to the Devs for the facebook link :)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Im in can i be a judge?

Can I disko?

Cascade
10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
I think we have all the judges needed...Thanks for the offer though :)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-23-2010, 12:35 PM
oh lol i wanna be more involved in the game lol ;) if something else opens up and u guys need help just ask me ;)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-23-2010, 12:35 PM
I also have some halloween items and gold if needed ;)

Cascade
10-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Ok thanks Angel :) Contact Dizko if you want to donate any stuff...

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-23-2010, 01:46 PM
kk will dooo :)

and how did u know my nickname was angel lol ?

King Kamehameha
10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
3 days to enter and I already have a fav pic ;) (NOTE:of course it's not my own before you all say)

Cascade
10-25-2010, 02:08 PM
@Angel- I just assumed that was your nickname lol :)

Arterra
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
make first place 2 PINK items from Halloween! and second 2 purps! third can have 2 of my greens! aren't I generous... lol

DanielRH
10-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Guys did u get my pic on the 7th page?
And dizko, ur not responding to my msg...
Thanks.

Sincerely,
DanielRH

DanielRH
10-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Do I need to post it here???
It's also on the 7th page in ur submissions thread...

Uh ok...

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/Dh868/35deafe8.jpg

Dizko
10-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Only a number of hours left guys.

Get submitting, nothing to lose ;)

Judges, be on standby for a PM tonight or tomorrow. Thanks :D

Hodnett
11-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Was there ever a winner?

CanonicalKoi
11-08-2010, 12:58 AM
If you look in the thread here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?11655-Halloween-Contest-(Unofficial)), you'll see the voting website is here (http://www.danielrharris.com/pocketlegends/halloween-contest/) and that voting ends Nov. 8th at 10pm EST.