PDA

View Full Version : Armor damage reduction

Rashkar
10-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone know how much damage is actually reduced by armor. Like is there some sort if calculation to see how much it reduces by?

Royce
10-19-2010, 06:11 PM
This is a good question. It is definitely a simple flat reduction from all available evidence. In PvE, it seems like 1 damage = 1 armor, but it's hard to test without knowing enemy stats, so who knows. In PvP, TwinkTastical posted the other day that 1 armor = 5/8 damage, and he knows PvP pretty well, so I'm inclined to trust him until I have hard numbers of my own. For some reason the devs have always remained very silent about these sorts of things, leaving it for the players to work out on their own. It can be a bit frustrating at times, but in general I like that mysterious aspect of the game ;)

smoae
10-19-2010, 06:31 PM
you can also reduce the enemys damage reduction with weapons like spears and lances. there are a few others, but im not sure what they are.

Royce
10-19-2010, 06:45 PM
you can also reduce the enemys damage reduction with weapons like spears and lances. there are a few others, but im not sure what they are.

Spears, tridents and harpoons drop armor by 15 and the procs stack (the force cutter also has a break armor proc which probably works in a similar way). Lances also drop armor by 15 but it doesn't stack. Dark weapons like dark blades, and dark staffs (not any dark wands I have tested) drop armor by 10, though I don't have the data to say whether that stacks or not. I am still actively testing mage weapons though it will be a while before I get all the AO3 stuff to try out.