PDA

View Full Version : PVP suggestions

Terracio
07-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I have a couple of ideas that I don't know if would work or be appreciated but whatever.
I'm not gonna touch balance issues in the sense of classes cause that could go on forever and usually small tweaks have big effects but I want to touch on the TDM aspect balance of the game.

Often times I have found myself alone on one team and for some reason the rest of the people who join despite having no discernible alliance join the other team. Now 1 vs 4 is hadly a fair fight (and this is TEAM deathmatch so not their bad for ganging up) and I think the game should take care of that. Whats the point in that really? Im alone in one team and the other has 3 when the logical distibution should be 2 vs 2 for instance.

So what I'm thinking is that unless you are partied with a player the game autoassigns you to a team should you join the game.

The algorithm could account for such things as class,lvl,stats hell even guild status so if two guildies join randomly they could fight together before assigning so one team doesn't end up too uber. Obviously if this made it in it wouldn't be perfect but at least something to try to close that gap in distribution. Even that last part on stats could be ignored but definitely some auto assign should be implemented.

The other possibility Im thinking is avoiding autoassing but perhaps giving a handicap to the lone person/disadvantaged team boosting their stat a little to compensate. Thinking something like UFC3 online mode or Capcom vs SNK2, again wouldn't be perfect and by no means shouldnt just match the stats of the opponent (cause then whats the point of hunting for best gear and making great builds?) but something to give a fighting chance to that poor sucker who is 1 vs 3/4 or those brave idiots trying to take a whole team 2 vs 4.

Perhaps if your alone you have a big boost but as people join you the boost gets lowered and lowered with each person joining and when its even (be it 2 vs 2 or 4 vs 4 or whatever) there's no stat modification and youre just fighting with your God given (or acquired) stats.

Not sure how this community works but history says Ill be flamed to hell.

Anyway just throwing it out there. Don't like the idea that's fine but feel free to suggest something.